PDA

View Full Version : Hotshot: Sharpshooting Savior Guide

ForteheroX
07-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Hello Forte here. If you're having trouble with this Hotshot or just want to achieve a gold rank to get some sniper mods, look no further! I think I'm still placed #1 on it, but every time you log in the names and rankings change. Anyways here's what you want to know:

The weapon given to you is a Pale wars bolt-action sniper which grants you the ability to cloak while ADS. The mission involves protecting a few engies from a few waves of raiders. You'll be atop a building to secure everything goes to plan also you will not be shot at. Now Unlike Bolinas Sniper Hotshot, this one is easier, with no pipes in the way to obscure your line of sight; just an open view. The perk setup is as follows:

Shadowed Strike
Height Advantage
Nerves of Steel
Execution
Energy Surplus
Ambush
Hunter's Stance

This is what I use, but the only perk you really need is Shadowed Strike, reason why is because the pale wars rifle has a cloak ability when ads so that's a free 30% damage if you've maxed out Shadowed Strike. The others are only optional so if you're new Shadowed Strike is fine, but if EGO points won't let you proceed to the perk, then use Height Advantage instead. Done with the perks, change whatever you like but this is setup so I can get the maximum amount of points in this Hotshot. Shadowed Strike(SS) or Height Advantage are a must! Here are some tips.

Do not attempt to try jumping around to get a better view, this will lead to a failure by leaving the mission area. The view is fine as is.
there are 4 kinds of enemies, all will die in one shot to the head and body except for the Elite Shieldguy*forgot his name*, he will die with 2 body shots I think..I've always aimed for his head!
If you have to scope out, do so quickly because the effect of SS only works when ADS. Take note that you also have to wait a quick sec for the effect to kick in when you first ADS and AFTER you shoot, just like activating Cloak to recharge your shield: you're shield won't recharge unless totally invisible.
There are 4 spawns: To the left behind the left truck, the TRUNK of the left and right truck, and the middle road between both of the trucks.
When you first start the mission, let 2 of the Raiders get close to the engies. Kill the first one, wait awhile like 3-4 seconds and kill the other one because if you kill them too quickly, you will have to wait for more too arrive and possibly lose your multiplier!!

I think thats it for now..one more thing. The Raiders that spawn behind the truck(NOT from inside the trunk) ALWAYS stop to the far left and fire their gun in the air, same goes for all of them when they reach the engies they will pause awhile before firing the guns. The Elite Shieldguy*4got his name* when he reaches the engies, he lowers his shield for a second and walks slowly at them. Always try to take out the rocket guys first, then the regular ones, then the shieldguy. Hope this helped, comments are welcomed!

TravelerX1
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Excellent guide, I am going to try this out today!

Question: Do the Kills from this count toward the 5000 Bolt Action Kills Pursuit?

ForteheroX
07-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Question: Do the Kills from this count toward the 5000 Bolt Action Kills Pursuit?

Thanks! I'm not sure if it does or not though just check what you have now then check again after you complete the Hotshot.

Big_John_72
07-11-2013, 08:55 AM

They did three weeks ago Traveler, I'm guessing that they still do.

TravelerX1
07-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks Guys!!

I may complete that damn thing yet, LOL

Supermanik_Sol
07-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I finally got silver on my second try yesterday after taking a break from it. I fully upgraded Shadowed Strike, Hunter's Stance, Height Advantage, and Nerves of Steel and it was much easier than from when I tried it before. I never thought of using Ambush but I guess it would work because the enemies never fire on you or realize you're even there. I suck at aiming so if I can do it, anyone can! Good luck!

Thomas1975
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM

No Because the gun you use is not bolt action. i was hoping the samething but when i checked it didnt count.

ForteheroX
07-11-2013, 10:50 AM
No Because the gun you use is not bolt action. i was hoping the samething but when i checked it didnt count.

Oh dang, sorry about that!

Scooter__Johnson
07-13-2013, 03:57 AM
thankyou for this guide buddy

dont like the sniper challenge as normaly still have bullets left and im rubbish at hiting them via there skull as they more quickly

drackiller
07-13-2013, 05:08 AM
Hello Forte here. If you're having trouble with this Hotshot or just want to achieve a gold rank to get some sniper mods, look no further! I think I'm still placed #1 on it, but every time you log in the names and rankings change. Anyways here's what you want to know:

The weapon given to you is a Pale wars bolt-action sniper which grants you the ability to cloak while ADS. The mission involves protecting a few engies from a few waves of raiders. You'll be atop a building to secure everything goes to plan also you will not be shot at. Now Unlike Bolinas Sniper Hotshot, this one is easier, with no pipes in the way to obscure your line of sight; just an open view. The perk setup is as follows:

Shadowed Strike
Height Advantage
Nerves of Steel
Execution
Energy Surplus
Ambush
Hunter's Stance

This is what I use, but the only perk you really need is Shadowed Strike, reason why is because the pale wars rifle has a cloak ability when ads so that's a free 30% damage if you've maxed out Shadowed Strike. The others are only optional so if you're new Shadowed Strike is fine, but if EGO points won't let you proceed to the perk, then use Height Advantage instead. Done with the perks, change whatever you like but this is setup so I can get the maximum amount of points in this Hotshot. Shadowed Strike(SS) or Height Advantage are a must! Here are some tips.

Do not attempt to try jumping around to get a better view, this will lead to a failure by leaving the mission area. The view is fine as is.
there are 4 kinds of enemies, all will die in one shot to the head and body except for the Elite Shieldguy*forgot his name*, he will die with 2 body shots I think..I've always aimed for his head!
If you have to scope out, do so quickly because the effect of SS only works when ADS. Take note that you also have to wait a quick sec for the effect to kick in when you first ADS and AFTER you shoot, just like activating Cloak to recharge your shield: you're shield won't recharge unless totally invisible.
There are 4 spawns: To the left behind the left truck, the TRUNK of the left and right truck, and the middle road between both of the trucks.
When you first start the mission, let 2 of the Raiders get close to the engies. Kill the first one, wait awhile like 3-4 seconds and kill the other one because if you kill them too quickly, you will have to wait for more too arrive and possibly lose your multiplier!!

I think thats it for now..one more thing. The Raiders that spawn behind the truck(NOT from inside the trunk) ALWAYS stop to the far left and fire their gun in the air, same goes for all of them when they reach the engies they will pause awhile before firing the guns. The Elite Shieldguy*4got his name* when he reaches the engies, he lowers his shield for a second and walks slowly at them. Always try to take out the rocket guys first, then the regular ones, then the shieldguy. Hope this helped, comments are welcomed!

Very helpful, i`ve not done this yet, may give it a try.