PDA

View Full Version : Liking the new patch

Turantula
07-11-2013, 02:56 PM
No more whiners screamin into mics to stop killin skitterlings, actually able to level weapons at majors gives incentive to not just tag and leave, ego pfft whatever not mad about it, been on this game since 2 days after launch and finally hit 4k a couple days ago. It lets folks that have those things called lives to be on a more even playing feild, and may stop the nerf rage for a whike. Most important thing is it came smoothly for me, downloaded fast, and didnt break a bunch of shtako like normal. Now if I could just get my scavenger sniper rifles back I'd be a happy ark hunter.

ncanning
07-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Gotta admit, I like being able to lvl my weapons at the arfalls. I'm at the point where weapon lvling and high kill counts are the only pursuit related activity left for me too do and beng able to that an arkfall where I can get weapons and key codes is great fun.

crasher
07-11-2013, 03:09 PM
OK, but one downsides is lack of content not directly related to leveling, and one of the few things to 'achieve' has been leveling.

Now that you automatically level at arkfalls, there are no achievements to get after the first few arkfalls, and many ppl will get bored with the game a lot sooner.

Until there are adventures in the game, I'm fearing n00bs and us "seasoned 'fallers" to start losing interest sooner than before.

I hope this gets augmented, so more ppl coming in will stay longer, and build more of a base to goad the devs into bigger additions.

Salter
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Just got on and the perks aren't unlocked, I'm ego 1888. Did they change their minds about unlocking all at 1000?

GiantInMaine
07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Just got on and the perks aren't unlocked, I'm ego 1888. Did they change their minds about unlocking all at 1000?

I think EU won't be patched until like 2am on the 12th your time.

piercehead
07-11-2013, 03:29 PM
No more whiners screamin into mics to stop killin skitterlings, actually able to level weapons at majors gives incentive to not just tag and leave, ego pfft whatever not mad about it, been on this game since 2 days after launch and finally hit 4k a couple days ago. It lets folks that have those things called lives to be on a more even playing feild, and may stop the nerf rage for a whike. Most important thing is it came smoothly for me, downloaded fast, and didnt break a bunch of shtako like normal. Now if I could just get my scavenger sniper rifles back I'd be a happy ark hunter.

We're still on 1.023 in EU, no changes to the skitterlings till 1.024 goes live :(

Salter
07-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I think EU won't be patched until like 2am on the 12th your time.

Ah I see, should of paid attention to the patch notes.

Burntpowder
07-11-2013, 03:45 PM
No more whiners screamin into mics to stop killin skitterlings, ...

Yes, because nobody should have to endure the pain of playing the game as it was developed but rather change it due to the incompetence of the players and their inability to listen to the in game help. I'm mean for christ sake! She's friggin blue and won't shut up! How do you not get it?

fang1192
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes, because nobody should have to endure the pain of playing the game as it was developed but rather change it due to the incompetence of the players and their inability to listen to the in game help. I'm mean for christ sake! She's friggin blue and won't shut up! How do you not get it?

I agree with this.

Turantula
07-11-2013, 05:02 PM

The fact of the matter is people weren't getting it better yet they were getting it, but found humor in pissing others off. Its annoying enough to listen to ego say the crap over and over but then its coupled with screaming man boys on top of it, so as I said good fix.

nathanpbutler
07-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Gotta admit, I like being able to lvl my weapons at the arfalls. I'm at the point where weapon lvling and high kill counts are the only pursuit related activity left for me too do and beng able to that an arkfall where I can get weapons and key codes is great fun.

I agree. I have a few things beyond those requirements left to meet, but I was frustrated with the idea of having to grind the crap out of going to arkfalls to gain those kill numbers, then ALSO grind the hell out of other events to level weapons. At least they now allow weapon leveling at arkfalls. Frankly, I can't see why they didn't do that before. It seems counter-intuitive for some situations not to affect weapon XP, while others do.

Turantula
07-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I agree. I have a few things beyond those requirements left to meet, but I was frustrated with the idea of having to grind the crap out of going to arkfalls to gain those kill numbers, then ALSO grind the hell out of other events to level weapons. At least they now allow weapon leveling at arkfalls. Frankly, I can't see why they didn't do that before. It seems counter-intuitive for some situations not to affect weapon XP, while others do.
Exactly, now I have a little more variety on things I can do to get those last 4 weapons to 20 :D

X64
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
There was less frequent forum activity which is good. I don't even have time to pee.

RealHoosier07
07-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I think they should just go with my idea lol....use infector grenades and infectors that spawn bugs....leave it up to the players at the arkfall to cause the bites. Even have a cooldown period so people aren't just spawning weak spots one after another.

PlagueSD
07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
The changes to perks were a welcome change. I don't PvP, and I'll NEVER get the gold on time trials and rampages so I'll miss out on the ego points from those pursuits. Because of this, I'll NEVER see 5000 EGO.

And you know what...I'm fine with that. Now I just need that 5th loadout unlocked so I can set up my detonator/rocket launcher combo.