PDA

View Full Version : us-pc best pvp players poll (posting here for transparency)

xpld
07-11-2013, 06:09 PM
well it looks like the recommendations have stopped so I have opened the poll. you can vote for as many people as you want. good luck to everyone involved. this site does not require you to register or do anything time demanding to vote. this poll is being discussed on the pvp forum (link bellow) wanted to post over here to open the sample size to people that don't pvp a lot or follow the pvp forums please don't delete mods so the poll doesn't become to much of a clique vote ran

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?106544-us-pc-best-pvp-players-poll

1 go to site
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W72FQX7

2 select as many people as you want, no limit on choices

3 I will post results in a week or so depending on how much interest the poll gets, want to give as much time required so everyone gets a voice

4 HAVE FUN, discuss and keep it friendly

X64
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Nice job doing the poll! :)

xpld
07-12-2013, 08:56 AM
poll is up to over 40 voters. keep it going

Taerce
07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
...a lot of consistently good players in that poll. I am curious to see the results.

Lindrei
07-12-2013, 01:01 PM
There is maybe 4 people i recognise on that list that don't Cloak shotgun, and or use Immunizer.

Remag Div
07-12-2013, 01:19 PM
I voted for everyone.

xpld
07-12-2013, 10:30 PM
poll is still open but here is the current tally

arked 45.31% 29
xpld 34.38% 22
scsessions 34.38% 22
xoralis 31.25% 20
jice corvus 28.13% 18
vilelent 28.13% 18
notturno 21.88% 14
mictain 20.31% 13
ravenz 20.31% 13
decimus 20.31% 13
burgess 20.31% 13
twitch reflex 18.75% 12
Omni 15.63% 10
yesiamghost 15.63% 10
zalifax 14.06% 9
virus 12.50% 8
xghostx 12.50% 8
joeymtl 12.50% 8
jenelle 6.25% 4
chilipino 4.69% 3
ironclad 4.69% 3
stickybuds 4.69% 3
wtflag 3.13% 2
sokruul 3.13% 2
[snsd]tiffanism 1.56% 1
ga ming 1.56% 1
yorg 1.56% 1
cleatcleat 1.56% 1
culverin 1.56% 1

Total Respondents: 64

Sonic Rain Boom
07-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Hi everyone,

We have removed several replies to this thread. Please make sure that all posts are on-topic and relevant to the discussion at hand. Also, please try to ensure that your posts are respectful, even when you disagree with other players.

Thanks!

Sonic Rain Boom

NyxJix
07-13-2013, 04:18 AM
Please remove me from your list like I have previously asked.

xpld
07-13-2013, 04:34 AM
Please remove me from your list like I have previously asked.

you have been removed

http://www.stateofsearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/waynes-world-game-on.jpg

NIKOLA
07-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Popularity contest, wow!
takes me back to grade school.:cool:
This is more of a "CORE & Friends" poll, than a "Best of", if anything.

xpld
07-13-2013, 05:18 AM
Popularity contest, wow!

understandable you feel that way but here's how we did it. we opened a forum post over a month ago (original one by indomitable got locked then I opened one) asking for nominations. anyone could vote for anyone, including themselves. I then took all the people nominated regardless of my feelings, skill level or any other influence and implanted them into a poll. poll was opened to the public and have done my part to advertise it to many people as possible to increase the sample size. I ask you to vote and if you feel up to informing those you know to vote. spreading the word is the only way to increase the voters of different opinions. all in all its just for fun though and should not be taken as something to divide user base.

I will add that I think you are a quality player, its a shame you didn't get a nomination or nominate yourself

xpld
07-13-2013, 05:21 AM
one more thing I know that core is an extremely large clan if not the largest in game currently and we have some of the finest pvp players on na-pc. I don't necessarily think them being in core is the reason for getting such high votes rather then the fact a lot of quality players have migrated within cores ranks

Xoralis
07-13-2013, 05:27 AM
What's with all the negativity? I don't get it. The original post by indomitable was getting people to comment on who on NA PC server people thought were in the top lot of pvpers. Other people started to turn the thread into mindless negative complaints so they closed it. Xpld re-opens since the previous post had over 2000 or more views and plenty of replies and plenty of people were named by others in regards to who they thought were good players.

Now there is a poll just to see what the community actually thinks all in good fun with no prize or anything it's just what people think.

I am glad there are people like xpld around drumming up community involvement and getting people talking. Since game release the MY EGO section of the defiance site has a ranking system that is still "coming soon" so when that appears people can view it, see who's better than them and maybe if they have any real drive to excel, talk to those players ask what they do, builds etc so they too can improve.

When they finally do an official "ranking"
System is the forum going to fill up with more complaints and negativity because they are not officially where they think they should be?

Ruinne
07-13-2013, 06:28 AM
I would like to nominate myself as the worst PvPer in game.

I like to think of myself as a crop that is to be farmed.

It's never stopped me from loving it though.

Xoralis
07-13-2013, 07:05 AM
I would like to nominate myself as the worst PvPer in game.

I like to think of myself as a crop that is to be farmed.

It's never stopped me from loving it though.

I disagree... Need to be more up beat mate! I don't think anyone is bad at PVP. Fiddle with builds, talk to others, talk about weps etc.

Some people are better than others. I have no issue saying that i think Xpld, scsessions, arked, notturno and others are better than me and on par. Lets be honest Arked is probably the most consistent killer with that infernal sniper rifle of his, BUT that being said some matches i do better than others and vice versa, it's all in fun but i very much disagree that you are the worst in PVP mate.

Don't sell yourself short.

ironcladtrash
07-13-2013, 07:25 AM
There is maybe 4 people i recognise on that list that don't Cloak shotgun, and or use Immunizer.

LOL, cloak/shotgun/immunizer here. I don't care though, I have lots of fun especially with my courier. Only way someone like me can even attempt to be competitive with some of these guys. I feel like king NOOB even being mentioned in that list.

Remag Div
07-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone,

We have removed several replies to this thread. Please make sure that all posts are on-topic and relevant to the discussion at hand. Also, please try to ensure that your posts are respectful, even when you disagree with other players.

Thanks!

Sonic Rain Boom

Sweet name!

xpld
07-13-2013, 02:03 PM
and to get this back on track here are the current results

arked 40
xpld 31
scsessions 31
xoralis 29
jice corvus 27
vilelent 24
notturno 21
burgess 21
mictain 20
ravenz 19
decimus 19
twitch reflex 17
Omni 13
yesiamghost 12
zalifax 12
virus 12
xghostx 14
joeymtl 12
stickybuds 9
chilipino 6
wtflag 6
jenelle 5
ironclad 4
sokruul 4
[snsd]tiffanism 3
yorg 3
ga ming 2
cleatcleat 2
culverin 2
jaysn 1

Total Respondents: 91

XxIndomitablexX
07-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Gentlemen, the posts don't have to be negative, simply state who you think is better, it was a honest request, c'mon, tell us who. Don't keep it a secret, if you disagree, state who it is that you think is better. He really did want to know the truth. Instead of telling him he is wrong, that he is self promoting, you don't know him like I do, he's more likely to self-deprecate than promote himself. The conversation was brought foreword to see what the public thought; when dueling opens up, we'll know the truth anyway, so go ahead and contribute positively, man up and make a point. Don't whine, its just unmanly.

xpld
07-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I ask that everyone just stop engaging tempest as its getting us nowhere. lets keep it on topic and friendly.

Xoralis
07-13-2013, 06:28 PM
I ask that everyone just stop engaging tempest as its getting us nowhere. lets keep it on topic and friendly.

Agreed....

xpld
07-13-2013, 06:31 PM
thanks to everyone that has voted so far we are almost at 100 votes and it is starting to slow down a bit. after a lull in votes I will probably close the poll out. corvus is pulling a goal line push up the leader boards. good luck to everyone.

Xoralis
07-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks to Xpld for the extra effort A+!

I want to thank whoever voted for me cause i wasn't expecting to be where I am on the list so thanks again to all of you. Keep the votes coming for those you think are worthy and I appreciate the love of me shooting you in the face for our enjoyment.

Again thanks and see you in game!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6131/gjvq.png

NyxJix
07-13-2013, 07:18 PM
I love popularity contests!

XxIndomitablexX
07-13-2013, 07:21 PM
We are making progress, that was positive! thank you

xpld
07-14-2013, 07:15 AM
bumpity bump bump

Orbital
07-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Arked is a beast

Heinzlee
07-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Arked is a beast

Wait... Pretty sure I read Arked was a girl in another post.

Arked is a Girl Beast?
Cos it's all true on the internet!!

Heinzlee
07-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Quick note to second Xoralis' sentiment regarding Xpld making an effort to drum up community for PvP.

Thanks for Xpld for following up on the thread after the original was closed - then making the effort to do the poll.
Thanks to everyone else who recognised this activity for what it was - a bit of fun - and participated.

Bigtk
07-15-2013, 07:22 AM
Girl or not, Arked will ruin your day.

Tyger
07-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Popularity contest, wow!

...pretty much. Virtual back-pats is where it's at yo'!

Demondred
07-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Girl or not, Arked will ruin your day.

In a legit way... not a snap targeting aimbot sort of way. (Tem*cough*pest*cough*) Huge props to Arked.

Still no one on this list compares to old Quake players. You can't even call what people do in PVP today "skill".

Joeymtl
07-16-2013, 04:26 AM
In a legit way... not a snap targeting aimbot sort of way. (Tem*cough*pest*cough*) Huge props to Arked.

Still no one on this list compares to old Quake players. You can't even call what people do in PVP today "skill".

Have you watched recent CS:GO or BF3 tourneys? Any game with a complex set of features/systems can be mastered to a next level. I would also argue that serious fighting games takes more skills to master than any shooter.

Decimas
07-16-2013, 01:36 PM
...pretty much. Virtual back-pats is where it's at yo'!

So who gets to counter troll the counter troll troll?

Decimas
07-16-2013, 01:43 PM
I love popularity contests!

Tempest I do not understand why you are such an angry and bitter person. You have all of these people on here being genuinely nice, and trying to drum up interaction within the community, and you are acting like a spoiled 3 year old girl at a birthday party. At one point I had respect for you, at this point I do not. You asked why I left the clan you are in... poor attitudes and immature people. One of the requirements for CORE "Mature". It is no wonder why you hate CORE, because every member is something that you could never be "mature". ....Tempest the self proclaimed #1 PvP player on the server..Also voted #1 D Bag on the server.

Tyger
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
So who gets to counter troll the counter troll troll?

Not sure, but I think it's somewhere in the woodpile that the woodchuck chucked when he chucked that wood.

..But seriously, Decimas. You honestly don't see this for what it obviously is? Any real gamer that PeeVeePees could care less about the accolades of some forum thread. The true PvPer is there for the challenge that a Human can only offer them. Being great against a thinking, breathing entity that won't rock out till the preselected dmg value is tripped - then begins it's evasive manuever sequence as it was programmed - is the real test. I mean honestly, if this kind of fluff is what some of you need to help ease that sorrow you call r/l out from the forefront of your mind then by all means, have at it. But don't try to act like this isn't just one big ego parade for a select few.

On the brightside, if they get any more inflated we can use this thread like a Bounce-House. XD

Joeymtl
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I won't be on the top of the list so I will attack the legitimacy of this poll created for fun and self proclaim myself #1 because I feel threatened by the opinions of strangers.

Ego you say?

I personally never cared about top 10 lists, the scoreboard speaks for itself. But reacting this way is uncalled for.

NyxJix
07-16-2013, 05:00 PM
You are right the scoreboard does speak for itself.

xpld
07-16-2013, 10:12 PM
update:

we are at about 120 votes. surveymonkey only allows viewing up to 100 votes and I have to pay 25 bucks for a month. since I cant purchase just a one time thing for this survey I am going to wait till the poll dies off then I will pay and post results.

Jmeach
07-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Not sure, but I think it's somewhere in the woodpile that the woodchuck chucked when he chucked that wood.

..But seriously, Decimas. You honestly don't see this for what it obviously is? Any real gamer that PeeVeePees could care less about the accolades of some forum thread. The true PvPer is there for the challenge that a Human can only offer them. Being great against a thinking, breathing entity that won't rock out till the preselected dmg value is tripped - then begins it's evasive manuever sequence as it was programmed - is the real test. I mean honestly, if this kind of fluff is what some of you need to help ease that sorrow you call r/l out from the forefront of your mind then by all means, have at it. But don't try to act like this isn't just one big ego parade for a select few.

On the brightside, if they get any more inflated we can use this thread like a Bounce-House. XD

Are you saying you want to PvP IRL? Maybe I'm mildly ******ed and that is why I don't get this. Too many big words. I'm just waiting for the whole "COME AT ME BRO" speech.

Also. I am terrible at PvP and I know it. But I still love it. And I don't hack lol

Notturno
07-17-2013, 11:36 AM
update:

we are at about 120 votes. surveymonkey only allows viewing up to 100 votes and I have to pay 25 bucks for a month. since I cant purchase just a one time thing for this survey I am going to wait till the poll dies off then I will pay and post results.

Should have just used Google Forms, it's free and would allow active viewing of the results. :P

Tyger
07-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Are you saying you want to PvP IRL? Maybe I'm mildly ******ed and that is why I don't get this. Too many big words. I'm just waiting for the whole "COME AT ME BRO" speech.

Also. I am terrible at PvP and I know it. But I still love it. And I don't hack lol

No... not quite sure where you got that from, but no. R/L PvP has sh!tty respawn timers... Sometimes none if you're not down with the reincarnation stuffz.

Bigtk
07-17-2013, 01:58 PM

I'm terrible at pvp too, maybe we should start a top 10 worst pvp players list lol

xpld
07-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Should have just used Google Forms, it's free and would allow active viewing of the results. :P

live and learn I suppose.

Decimas
07-17-2013, 03:06 PM

I see this as someone asking the question on the forums, where most people that play this game do not visit. Therefore it appears as if it is a pat-me-on-the-back-fest however the truth is, the forums consist of only a small portion of the entire community, and CORE takes up a large part of this small community.

Tyger
07-18-2013, 10:01 AM
So in your opinion if it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, swims like a duck... it's a platypus. Got it.

*goes back to watching the ego-bump thread from his hammock*

Decimas
07-24-2013, 08:07 AM
So in your opinion if it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, swims like a duck... it's a platypus. Got it.

So in your opinion if it quacks like a troll, waddles like a troll, swims like a troll... it's a counter-troll. Got it.

Decimas
07-24-2013, 08:08 AM

Who are you anyways, nobody seems to know who you are.