PDA

View Full Version : No chatter/guilds

Fase
07-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm wondering why I see all these people but no is chatting at all. There are guilds right?

Mercy Killing
07-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm wondering why I see all these people but no is chatting at all. There are guilds right?

There are. The ingame chat system sucks bawls. Hairy donkeh bawls.

fang1192
07-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Your settings might be on mute - Check the Social tab. Or it might be your guild, mine is chatty enough.

Arsenic_Touch
07-12-2013, 02:16 AM
The way the in game chat system works, you can only speak to people that are on your screen. So if you can see the purple dot, you can talk them through the text chat or voice chat if they happen to have it activated (most people mute the in game voice chat because it's terrible, at least on the pc version of the game. If they aren't on your screen they will not see you talk and plus they actually have to have the chat window up to see it as well. Yes, this is an "mmo" without proper social functions. Even the clan chat bugs out, the friends lists bugs out and the clan list bugs out.

So we use third party voice programs such as teamspeak to speak to our clan mates.

squidgod2000
07-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Chat messages also disappear quickly/randomly off your screen and you've got to go through a couple menus to bring up a chat window--and you can't do anything else while that window is up.

Probably the worst chat system ever. Even Ultima Online's 1997 text-floating-over-your-head worked much better.