PDA

View Full Version : Are the servers down or is the game broken?

Kyson
07-12-2013, 12:20 AM
So I bought the game on steam summer sale. I put in the cd key at the main site and got that all taken care of but every time I go to log in I can't. I get this message saying "Critical, The Defiance server is available. Please try again later." with a try again and quit button under that. So I hit try again. I get another message "Critical, your connection to the Defiance servers has time out."

Could some one help me out, I've been trying to get on all day to play and have yet to be able to do so.

Webferret
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Server has been up all the time I have been online today mate. Make sure its not blocked by your firewall (common whoops by a lot of people).

But as of right now I am online and playing fine, so other than Firewall issue I not sure what could be your issue currently.

Cheers

Kyson
07-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try seeing if its the firewall thanks. I re-down loaded it 3 times today trying to get it to work. 2 times from steam then removed it and downloaded from the main site. Hope this works and thanks again.

Kyson
07-12-2013, 12:51 AM
I just turned off all my fire walls... and its still a no go. I'm on the NA servers if that matters.

Obama
07-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Check your router and port forwarding

Kyson
07-12-2013, 02:34 AM
I have no clue how to do all that but thank you for the info. I think its crazy that I have to mess with it at all, all my other games that I play online work fine. I can play dota 2, WoW, SWToR and so on. None of them give me issues and I just downloaded this game for the 4th time. *sigh* I'll try and mess with the port stuff soon, just wish I could play.

Iceberg
07-12-2013, 02:43 AM
On the launcher try switching to the EU server and see if it will let you connect to that server, some players are having problems with connecting to the NA servers.

Rick blade
07-12-2013, 02:51 AM
I have no clue how to do all that but thank you for the info. I think its crazy that I have to mess with it at all, all my other games that I play online work fine. I can play dota 2, WoW, SWToR and so on. None of them give me issues and I just downloaded this game for the 4th time. *sigh* I'll try and mess with the port stuff soon, just wish I could play.

dude if the sever is down its maintance not your pc, they a making a noobie out of you