PDA

View Full Version : I got my Game early...

Black Fry
03-27-2013, 03:39 AM
Hi, i got my Game earlier than expected. I can pick it up at my local Store in Germany, Europe. So I am wondering if i can play it today if i pick it up or do i have to wait till the servers are on. That would be 2nd April. Anyone got Info for me?

OcelotKharn
03-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Hi, i got my Game earlier than expected. I can pick it up at my local Store in Germany, Europe. So I am wondering if i can play it today if i pick it up or do i have to wait till the servers are on. That would be 2nd April. Anyone got Info for me?

You cant play until the servers are on, also be careful playing games before release nowadays gives microsoft reason to ban you off xbox live

Black Fry
03-27-2013, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the quick Reply. They got the Game Early because it is Easter. That is from Friday till Monday. Release of Defiance would be Tuesday, so they got their Packages already delivered and called their custumers including me to pick it up. Not my fault, so MS canīt ban me from Live. Too bad i have to wait till i can play. Beta had some flaws but was promising ;)

money shot
03-27-2013, 04:35 AM
Its a shame Amazon UK do not send there stuff out early because of Easter holidays. I bet it comes late and they blame it on the holiday weekend.

Old Fecker
03-27-2013, 04:44 AM
You can go and pick it up no problem but you won't be able to play it as the servers won't be live!

The only way you'll get banned from xbox live for playing a game early is if you're thick enough to play on a JTAG while connected to live! :D

gohan661
03-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Its a shame Amazon UK do not send there stuff out early because of Easter holidays. I bet it comes late and they blame it on the holiday weekend.

Unless you used free shipping this is not the case. Amazon has it's own courier service for everything else

Delivery Estimate: Tuesday 2 April 2013 by 9:00 pm

That's because their courier service has until 2100 to deliver. Those glorified paper boys that work for Snail Mail don't work that late!

SCOTTLE
03-27-2013, 04:57 AM
the game early and we're able to do in-store demos for the game for this weekend. I will wonder will the servers go live midnight (est) USA or Midnight (pdt) tuesday?

money shot
03-27-2013, 05:01 AM
the game early and we're able to do in-store demos for the game for this weekend. I will wonder will the servers go live midnight (est) USA or Midnight (pdt) tuesday?

As there are two Servers (N.A & EU) maybe the EU servers will go up before the N.A servers.

TG Merc
03-27-2013, 05:12 AM

What version did you get? stick a pic up :)

MagellanD
03-27-2013, 05:36 AM
What version did you get? stick a pic up :)

I agree with your post.

OP PICS or it Didn't Happen!!

A s0t
03-27-2013, 05:41 AM
You cant play until the servers are on, also be careful playing games before release nowadays gives microsoft reason to ban you off xbox live
if your have a legit copy of the game, your free to play it. you didn't break the street date. if you download a game from some nefarious web site and are dumb enough to play on xbox live. www.whywasibanned.com/2013/01/14/early/
but yeah you can't play till the servers are up

OcelotKharn
03-27-2013, 06:05 AM
if your have a legit copy of the game, your free to play it. you didn't break the street date. if you download a game from some nefarious web site and are dumb enough to play on xbox live. www.whywasibanned.com/2013/01/14/early/
but yeah you can't play till the servers are up

Tell that to the thousands of people who get banned each month for getting games legit but playing early. Microsoft are ban hammer mad remember.

MagellanD
03-27-2013, 06:07 AM
I wouldn't risk playing it early. For the M$ reason as well as their servers won't be up.

Grit
03-27-2013, 06:18 AM
I got my copy of MW3 early because i was at the CoDXP, it came about 2 days before stores were selling them. We were playing on line and we didn't get banned.

Now a lot of stores like their associates to actually play the games before they're released to the public. The games will arrive sometimes thrusday or friday at the store and the associates can take them home and try them out so they're somewhat knowledgeable on the game. I know this how?? I use to work in a Video store while in college... games come in we'd take them out for the weekend and give them a play.

If a retail store sells the game before the street date...well thats a big time fine and ppl will get fired over it.

I can garuntee you right now there are people playing the full game, online....i mean they're probably all in house employees and some other select few but i'm willing to bet 2 internets that ppl are playing the full game.

A s0t
03-27-2013, 06:19 AM
Tell that to the thousands of people who get banned each month for getting games legit but playing early. Microsoft are ban hammer mad remember.
you see how i put that word "legit" in there, all those thousands of people are on the se7ensins forums they deserve what they get

Lazy
03-27-2013, 06:20 AM
It doesn't matter if you play it early because you won't be able to, just install it and wait until the 2nd.

KyoKunChan
03-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Thats cool, but you wont be able to play it.

Black Fry
03-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Well, i could choose between the collectors and the normal edition. Picked up the normal. You have to start the Game and than it installs 5,0 GB of data to your hdd. If u install the game disk after that you got 10 GB of Defiance goodness on your hdd. Thatīs quite a lot of content. Funny Thing to mention is the coop Logo on the back of the cover which says coop-modus 2-10000+.
But sadly i canīt play it because the Servers are offline. Hoping that they turn them on Friday night.
Would be cool to play before 2nd April. So iīve just have to wait a little....
Also iīd love to take a photo of my copy to proove that iīm not telling any BS here but unfortunately i canīt due to connection problems with my camera...

Grit
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM
well just post a fuzzy pixilated pic of sasquatch instead :)

A s0t
03-27-2013, 08:05 AM
well just post a fuzzy pixilated pic of sasquatch instead :)
Nelly the loch ness monster would be better

KillAlot V2
03-27-2013, 08:21 AM
dear op i play a lot of games early and you will not get banned
the people who got banned for halo 4 played a month early so they new that the copy that was being played was a pirate because shops dont get the game tiill 1 week before your safe m8 trust me

invitros
03-28-2013, 10:56 AM
i got my limited edition delivered today, gutted i cant play it yet though :-(

Darqy
03-30-2013, 04:25 PM
you cant play a MMO early!!! You just can't!!! Time to leave your console mindest behind bro! :) Defiance is a full mmo, operated in a huge way from server side. You cant play a mmo offline lol!

PeaceMaker
03-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Anybody who got their Copy's sorry to say you gonna have to wait when the Server starts up even though I dont have my copy I will be getting mines when GameStop opens and gonna have to w8 a few hours so seems to me some of you wasted money for a quick copy. Not trolling jus saying I'm sorry. :cool:

LethalE
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM

microsoft will never ban someone if they receive a game by honest means. I manage a gamestop and there have been many times when i've been allowed* to play games early...the rule is if you have a receipt you will be fine...now the store that sold it to you may be in big trouble, but you have nothing to lose.

*this does not happen all the time.

Andross
03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
You can go and pick it up no problem but you won't be able to play it as the servers won't be live!

The only way you'll get banned from xbox live for playing a game early is if you're thick enough to play on a JTAG while connected to live! :D
Only way to have a jtag on xbox live is to purchase xbox live stealth for $75 a day. I don't think anyone would spend that money to play it. Not to mention servers will be open april 1st

Xiiego94
03-30-2013, 08:06 PM
microsoft will never ban someone if they receive a game by honest means. I manage a gamestop and there have been many times when i've been allowed* to play games early...the rule is if you have a receipt you will be fine...now the store that sold it to you may be in big trouble, but you have nothing to lose.

*this does not happen all the time.people were banned from playing Halo prerelease.

LethalE
03-30-2013, 10:36 PM
people were banned from playing Halo prerelease.

the people that got banned for halo were not using bought copies of the game they had pirated copies.

this is a direct quote for stepto aka Stephen Toulouse whom was director of policy enforcement for xbox live "If your copy is legit and obtained legitly, have fun."

killerbee04x
03-30-2013, 11:45 PM
why would you want to cheat the system? Why? every player out there would like to know why you would like to shaft us... I wish they would ban you and everyone like you.. because there is a release date.. store can't put stuff out early.. if they do by mistake you still can't legally play until then.. if the company allows you to play early that would be a break in contract.. too many people now a days suing other just for money.. i wouldn't play game stop or other does have the right to sue you and the company..

ih8tnubs
03-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Get all my games at least 2 to 3 weeks early and never been banned

King Smaals
03-31-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm waiting to see this...

OcelotKharn
03-31-2013, 09:21 AM

I find that highly unlikely is you are getting games that early your not doing it legally

MarauderShields
03-31-2013, 09:25 AM
I got my copy today from GAME just so i can jump right into it come tuesday morning! i have not been excited for a game like this in a long time.

Daholic
03-31-2013, 09:27 AM

doesnt that mean you will be done with them 2-3wks faster than me???