PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the free achievement!!!

The_Pikey
07-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Just played my first PvP match in almost a week, and prefermed to my usual spectacular standards - 1 kill for 3 deaths. At the end of the match - TD on waterfront, I get the achievement for killing so many players with a head shot in PvP, the only problem is I have never pulled off a headshot in PvP - I'm simply not good enough, I can't use a sniper rifle to save my life and will always opt for either a burst fire AR or semi-automatic AR when I require accuracy. This isn't the first time I have been rewarded for not accomplishing things in this games, I have recieved gold medals in quite a few, not half but maybe a quarter of the time trials where not only was I at least 30 seconds outside of the bronze medal time, and I missed some of the check points, I'm not talking about missing them by a few inches, I'm talking car lengths here. And the 1080 spin, I "achieved" that during a failed attempt at a 720!! Am I going to load up the game one day and find out that I have 1000g it? How much easier is this game going to get? I found out I have all my perk slots unlocked and I'm only ego 1642, there are less and less reasons for me to continue playing or purchasing the seasonal pass yet alone any DLC, failure and no skills are not only being catered to, but rewarded right now.

Horiba
07-12-2013, 06:44 AM
They are going to balance it out by nerfing all the weapons until they can't kill anything, don't worry the game will be a ton of fun then!

The_Pikey
07-12-2013, 06:48 AM
It really feels like the developers themselves are doing their best to kill this game even before the first DLC is released, which is a shame.

Blu
07-12-2013, 10:03 AM
yea, one dlc will come out, along with all these new games and consoles, no one will want to play defiance then, and no one will be blowing up the forums over dlc..

dlcs 2-5 will not need to be released and no one will be wanting money back, once again this just seems to be a money making scheme, not a game thats going to last or want to keep coming back to and play..

its all about new players buying outfits and then leaving the game, only to come back once 1 dlc comes out, to repeat the process and to forget about this game in a yr from now..

The_Pikey
07-12-2013, 10:15 AM
I must say I am starting to share your views, the replay episodes are nothing short of an insult, they rereleased content that they knew have serious bugs and didn't bother to fix any of them, I'm seriously doubting weather any DLC for Defiance will be released on this generation of consoles. I'm actually happy and relieved to have not spent a penny on this game beyond purchasing the actual game disc - even then I waited till the price dropped by 70% in the sales.

acert assassin
07-12-2013, 09:31 PM
is there something you do not complain about? the game was never intended to be a full fledged MMO. so quit complaining over a little problem that you encountered. does it really matter? if you do not like the game. Sell the game and be done with it or are you so focused on getting peoples attention by complaining that you keep the game just to find something else that you do not like so you can complain about that too?

JD nutz
07-13-2013, 02:39 AM
is there something you do not complain about? the game was never intended to be a full fledged MMO. so quit complaining over a little problem that you encountered. does it really matter? if you do not like the game. Sell the game and be done with it or are you so focused on getting peoples attention by complaining that you keep the game just to find something else that you do not like so you can complain about that too?

tell you what i,m getting fed up of newbs defending a game they have hardly played, us that are above 2500 ego know how bs this game has become and we still play because we spent so much time and money on this game, yet some newb comes in and says quit complaining:mad:

teamshizzy
07-13-2013, 09:06 AM
I am almost EGO 4300. I love this game. I've had fun every day that I play it. Sure there are issues, Trion is addressing issues. For all you whiners complaining about weapon nerfs and bugs and things not getting fixed have clearly never played a Call of Duty game. As for the DLC, sorry your attention span is so low that you expect DLC as soon as you are bored, as far as I am aware, the DLC was always planned as a bridge between season 1 and 2 meaning it was never going to be released until season 1 ended. I am so tired of people saying "whats the point of even playing now?", ummm the point is to have fun, if you aren't having fun then, by all means, leave and go bother players in another game. Is the game perfect? No, but every online game has problems. I have a clan I play with, I take part in the Freemason events, my friends help each other with missions, contracts, and pursuits. If you cant figure out how to havefun in a game that has more than a few ways to do so, move on please.

NicodemusTNT
07-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Just played my first PvP match in almost a week, and prefermed to my usual spectacular standards - 1 kill for 3 deaths. At the end of the match - TD on waterfront, I get the achievement for killing so many players with a head shot in PvP, the only problem is I have never pulled off a headshot in PvP - I'm simply not good enough, I can't use a sniper rifle to save my life and will always opt for either a burst fire AR or semi-automatic AR when I require accuracy. This isn't the first time I have been rewarded for not accomplishing things in this games, I have recieved gold medals in quite a few, not half but maybe a quarter of the time trials where not only was I at least 30 seconds outside of the bronze medal time, and I missed some of the check points, I'm not talking about missing them by a few inches, I'm talking car lengths here. And the 1080 spin, I "achieved" that during a failed attempt at a 720!! Am I going to load up the game one day and find out that I have 1000g it? How much easier is this game going to get? I found out I have all my perk slots unlocked and I'm only ego 1642, there are less and less reasons for me to continue playing or purchasing the seasonal pass yet alone any DLC, failure and no skills are not only being catered to, but rewarded right now.

LOL. Mine unlocked on Thursday. I had a lot of headshots, but the one the unlocked the achievement was on a melee. I assume a lot of things can qualify as head shots.

acert assassin
07-13-2013, 02:53 PM
some newb huh? did i state a ego rating or anything?

tell you what im getting fed up with people who always think they are above some one else. these people make claims about other people saying blah blah blah. saying the person has not played the game and calling them a newb.

you think i have not spent money on this game? do you think i have not spent time on this game? you don't know me. so how would you know if a person was a newb? so what if they do not talk alot on the forums to get a senior member account. that does not make some one a noob.

if your wandering why the staff of the forums are not paying attention to your petty complaints, it is because all you do is complain about how this was not to your liking and they do not want to deal with a whiner.

acert assassin
07-13-2013, 02:55 PM
I am almost EGO 4300. I love this game. I've had fun every day that I play it. Sure there are issues, Trion is addressing issues. For all you whiners complaining about weapon nerfs and bugs and things not getting fixed have clearly never played a Call of Duty game. As for the DLC, sorry your attention span is so low that you expect DLC as soon as you are bored, as far as I am aware, the DLC was always planned as a bridge between season 1 and 2 meaning it was never going to be released until season 1 ended. I am so tired of people saying "whats the point of even playing now?", ummm the point is to have fun, if you aren't having fun then, by all means, leave and go bother players in another game. Is the game perfect? No, but every online game has problems. I have a clan I play with, I take part in the Freemason events, my friends help each other with missions, contracts, and pursuits. If you cant figure out how to havefun in a game that has more than a few ways to do so, move on please.

i like this guy. he has something positive to say.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Any sort of "critical kill" counts as a "headshot" on most enemies, baring those that don't have a crit spot on their heads. The only critical spot that the player character has is their head, and a critical kill can be achieved by any weapon in the game, including melee and grendades. It all comes down to whether the damage dealt extended to the head reagion and if that damage dealt was the killing blow. This results in the "critical kill" or "headshot".

I got mine with my VOT Fragger and it would be a difficult achievement to get in PvP otherwise so I'd not worry about it. You didnt get a free achievement, just acquired it through a different means than what you were expecting.

I like this guy too. I can agree with everything that he's stated. I'm almost EGO 4200 (4174 IIRC) and I still have fun. With friends mind you. This is an MMO after all. Its meant to be played with friends, not by yourself. If you don't have friends to play with then either find some or move on to a different game.

nikra
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Any sort of "critical kill" counts as a "headshot" on most enemies, baring those that don't have a crit spot on their heads. The only critical spot that the player character has is their head, and a critical kill can be achieved by any weapon in the game, including melee and grendades. It all comes down to whether the damage dealt extended to the head reagion and if that damage dealt was the killing blow. This results in the "critical kill" or "headshot".

I got mine with my VOT Fragger and it would be a difficult achievement to get in PvP otherwise so I'd not worry about it. You didnt get a free achievement, just acquired it through a different means than what you were expecting.

I like this guy too. I can agree with everything that he's stated. I'm almost EGO 4200 (4174 IIRC) and I still have fun. With friends mind you. This is an MMO after all. Its meant to be played with friends, not by yourself. If you don't have friends to play with then either find some or move on to a different game.

I have mostly been soloing and i still love this game (havent played much in the past couple weeks tbh but only cause defiance has been monopolising my time). only play now and then with another clanmate of our sadly failed EU side. Damned region lock. Anywho this achievement was the 2nd last one ive unlocked, never even noticed i had it. just got 39 more shadow war captures to get to 1k this game.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I have mostly been soloing and i still love this game (havent played much in the past couple weeks tbh but only cause defiance has been monopolising my time). only play now and then with another clanmate of our sadly failed EU side. Damned region lock. Anywho this achievement was the 2nd last one ive unlocked, never even noticed i had it. just got 39 more shadow war captures to get to 1k this game.

I still play the game with friends too. The clan that I started on xbox360 NA side back at launch, <The Defiant Few> (not to be confused with Defiant Few), has less than 15 members believe it or not. I still find joy in helping others or friends out with pursuits, finding data recorders, explaining the game mechanics that I understand, and various other things. Its the social aspect that does it for me. Also, I'd invest in a chatpad or USB Keyboard for chat purposes. I use a keyboard and have met some pretty cool people just from BSing in area chat. :)

I have all the achievements. Didn't even notice that I did until I went to look one up for a buddy. xD First and only game that I've ever gotten all achievements on. :)

acert assassin
07-13-2013, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=Dist0rt3d Hum0r;1002921]I still play the game with friends too. The clan that I started on xbox360 NA side back at launch, <The Defiant Few> (not to be confused with Defiant Few), has less than 15 members believe it or not. I still find joy in helping others or friends out with pursuits, finding data recorders, explaining the game mechanics that I understand, and various other things. Its the social aspect that does it for me. Also, I'd invest in a chatpad or USB Keyboard for chat purposes. I use a keyboard and have met some pretty cool people just from BSing in area chat. :)

yay more people agree!happy days

Defenze
07-13-2013, 08:43 PM

This guy works way to hard and doesn't mow his yard nearly enough. Just sayin.

acert assassin
07-13-2013, 08:50 PM
what if he does not have a yard?:confused:

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-14-2013, 09:12 AM
This guy works way to hard and doesn't mow his yard nearly enough. Just sayin.

You're an *** Defenz. Its a good thing I have a relatively distorted sense of humor. ;D

what if he does not have a yard?:confused:

I do. 4 acres to mow. Takes me about 2.5 hours to do, which is why I procrastinate on it because that's my xbox time. D:

Daholic
07-14-2013, 09:18 AM
i like this guy. he has something positive to say.

I have something positive to say too, stop being a sack riding thread b!tch

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-14-2013, 09:22 AM
I have something positive to say too, stop being a sack riding thread b!tch

I think that the most positive thing that could come from you would be your resignation from this thread. :)

anomoly
07-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I used shotguns to get mine...never needed a sniper rifle and never saw a headshot come up for me on any kill...so don't act like oh wow I got a free achievement son...

nikra
07-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I still play the game with friends too. The clan that I started on xbox360 NA side back at launch, <The Defiant Few> (not to be confused with Defiant Few), has less than 15 members believe it or not. I still find joy in helping others or friends out with pursuits, finding data recorders, explaining the game mechanics that I understand, and various other things. Its the social aspect that does it for me. Also, I'd invest in a chatpad or USB Keyboard for chat purposes. I use a keyboard and have met some pretty cool people just from BSing in area chat. :)

I have all the achievements. Didn't even notice that I did until I went to look one up for a buddy. xD First and only game that I've ever gotten all achievements on. :)

yeah i haven't got all achievements on an xbox game yet, did get all trophies on the infamous games (not hard at all) but these achievements are simple ***, "hardest" is the trusted with all cause its such a damned long process.

Defenze
07-14-2013, 03:31 PM
You're an *** Defenz. Its a good thing I have a relatively distorted sense of humor. ;D

I do. 4 acres to mow. Takes me about 2.5 hours to do, which is why I procrastinate on it because that's my xbox time. D:

See, I was counting on your humor to catch that. Just in case anyone is actually reading this thread, DH is a good dude, but he gets cranky after mowing his 4 acres. Or he can't get that last pursuit to move past 4500 EGO. :cool: