PDA

View Full Version : Controller for the pc version

urwifemykids
07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Has anyone heard or read anything about an option for using controllers for the pc version. Because I am a ps3 and Xbox owner and the controller is where itís at for a game like this. In my opinion i would rather play on my pc.:cool:

Kalbuir
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
This is where a lot of old time players will disagree with you. I for example am about 3 time faster with a mouse keyboard than a controller this has to do with two things: 1 I played shooters with.mouse since age of 12ish giving me over 14 years of practise. Additionally. Your surface of control on the mouse. (the amount of movement ya make to get from point 1 to 2) is bigger making it more precise.

Now this is highly subjective, but everytime I see footage from FPS on a ps3 or Xbox it looks clumsy to me not being able to quickly alternate your view.to scan your surroundings and generally slower reaction.

That being said this is a super old debate that keeps popping up with a really easy punchline: play with what you feel comfortable. Now playing with controller on PC will be no problem I am willing to promise you that I will buy the game for you if that is.not the case. The ps3 controller is widely.copied to a pc version, I use one to.play NBA12k on pc as in that game keyboard controls is clumsy.

Wired Xbox controllers can be attached to.Windows 7 PCs, and that might be the case for.ps3 aswell. I know there are DIY.drivers.for the.wireless ones but you need to get a signal receiver an it miyht not work out of the box.

What.I.m much more concerned with is hiw.keyboard mouse controls feel like. There are some shooters.which were.ported from consoles (evn.if they.claim they are not) which are having horrible horrible.resposes in mouse. Dead Island at launch was a big example of that, I hope.TRION will look at both sides and spend equal time on tuning contol schemes to feel.native to players.

urwifemykids
07-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Cool thanks. Now I hope the buttons are completely configurable. Some games you can move one thing here or there it would be nice to see them able to go anywhere you want.

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
how could anybody want a controller on the PC D:

Steelheart
07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
One option for you might be the N52te.

Jenbuu
07-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Have to agree with Kalbuir there with playing many fps with with mouse and keyboard you definitely get faster with it, but i do tend to use a controller when im just chilling and want to put my feet up and not have to deal with a desk.

using programs such as joystick pro (the old switchblade) will allow you to customize the button layout and such, for getting wireless controllers to work i believe the standard Microsoft wireless receiver is all that you need.

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 01:16 PM
the only 2 games i use for controller is Maplestory and Dungeon Fighter Online; a mouse/keyboard would be better with a shooter game, but i would see where a controller setup would be good for those players who are keyboard crippled