PDA

View Full Version : Now get three full days of play, FREE!!

LurchUSA
07-12-2013, 02:48 PM
PC Gamer: Defiance-is-free-to-play-for-the-first-three-days (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/12/defiance-is-free-to-play-for-the-first-three-days/)

Just saw the above link at pcgamer.com, stating that Trion is giving away three days of gamplay for free.

Between this and the latest Steam sale, it looks like the joke is on us fools who paid full retail at launch. :(

Reverend Blood
07-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Depends on how much you play. I only play casually, but even I think I've gotten the $46 difference in worth of play value since April.

marshy
07-12-2013, 02:53 PM
PC Gamer: Defiance-is-free-to-play-for-the-first-three-days (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/12/defiance-is-free-to-play-for-the-first-three-days/)

Just saw the above link at pcgamer.com, stating that Trion is giving away three days of gamplay for free.

Between this and the latest Steam sale, it looks like the joke is on us fools who paid full retail at launch. :(

It's only a matter of time till its F2P on the PC and not just for 3 days. It truly is a failing game but could they make it free to play on the consoles?

Indra Echo
07-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Depends on how much you play. I only play casually, but even I think I've gotten the $46 difference in worth of play value since April.
This. For crying out loud, all games go on sale sometime after they've been released. Steam does it all the time. And quite often they then go back up in price. And then back down.

Oh and that cell phone you just bought. In a month they'll announce a newer version for cheaper. Yes, the joke is on us all over a videogame.

Indra Echo
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
It's only a matter of time till its F2P on the PC and not just for 3 days. It truly is a failing game but could they make it free to play on the consoles?

You never met a cynical thought that wasn't worth expressing did you? People may say I just looooooove Trion (not true), but it appears to me you just are unhappy with everything. Pity, that's what I feel for anyone who says he hates the game but feels it necessary to come here and defend that position and even try to force it to fail with his cynicism.

thejx4
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
It's like $25 at Gamestop on consoles now. Brand new, in case anyone planned on picking it up

Kleptobrainiac
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
It's true that games get price reductions, but it usually takes quite a bit longer than the small amount of time that Defiance has been out for a game to go on sale...

If you think this game is having a regular retail game cycle, you haven't looked at that wall over there with the writing all over it.

marshy
07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
You never met a cynical thought that wasn't worth expressing did you? People may say I just looooooove Trion (not true), but it appears to me you just are unhappy with everything. Pity, that's what I feel for anyone who says he hates the game but feels it necessary to come here and defend that position and even try to force it to fail with his cynicism.

Not playing any other games at the min,the forum is fun (more fun than the game) don't worry though I do have a happy life but thanks for the thought and sympathy. I will be gone in about 1-2 months leaving all the do gooders to spread trion love all over the forums, meanwhile i will be playing games like FFIX, GTA V then after that ps4 release,killzone, destiny, ESO,the witcher and the list goes on.
BTW this game WILL be dead by then

Soren
07-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Not playing any other games at the min,the forum is fun (more fun than the game) don't worry though I do have a happy life but thanks for the thought and sympathy. I will be gone in about 1-2 months leaving all the do gooders to spread trion love all over the forums, meanwhile i will be playing games like FFIX, GTA V then after that ps4 release killzone, destiny, ESO the watcher and the list goes on.
BTW this game WILL be dead by then

Try harder.

marshy
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Try harder.

Let me guess you've been here 2mins and still have loads to do in the game

dominad
07-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Let me guess you've been here 2mins and still have loads to do in the game

lol yup!

3 free days to play are they advertising the DLC for the end of the coming week along with the sale :P Seems that would be an interesting thing to advertise with all the bad press.. Instead it is FREE TO PLAY DEFIANCE for 3 days and no "DLC out in a few more days buy a season pass now" hmmmm

marshy
07-12-2013, 03:19 PM
lol yup!

3 free days to play are they advertising the DLC for the end of the coming week along with the sale :P Seems that would be an interesting thing to advertise with all the bad press.. Instead it is FREE TO PLAY DEFIANCE for 3 days and no "DLC out in a few more days buy a season pass now" hmmmm

I smell a cash grab lol

dominad
07-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I smell a cash grab lol
A last chance to suck some people in before people realise the dlc is not materializing or that it will as a couple of familiar maps and some reskinned weapons..

Omnifarious Xji
07-12-2013, 03:22 PM

*All of my butthurt* Ahh well. I played the game pretty hardcore for a while, so I figure I've made the difference. 40 or so dollars for a good month's worth of entertainment is a pretty good trade off.

marshy
07-12-2013, 03:24 PM
A last chance to suck some people in before people realise the dlc is not materializing or that it will as a couple of familiar maps and some reskinned weapons..

I think there all out of ideas now, first came the recruit a friend program=fail. Then came reduces the price=fail then give it away for 3 days=? I bet fail
Then they will put some more things in the cash shop in different colours and charge 15.00 for armour