PDA

View Full Version : Would someone explain the benefits and faults of the different shields?

Calidorn
07-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain the benefit of each type of shield, what faults the type of shield has, and also what perks are needed in order to gain the benefits of the type of shield being discussed.

I would like to keep the discussion using normal shields, not legends or bonuses, but shields with their normal attributes.

I know of 6 types of shields and I think that is all of them:

Hurricane: Low HP Shielding Protection - Recharge 75% per second; Recharge delay of 6 seconds
Ironclad: High HP Shielding Protection - Recharge 10% per second; Recharge delay of 6 seconds
Rebel: Medium HP Shielding Protection - Recharge 10% per second; Recharge delay of 3 seconds
Respark: Low HP Shielding Protection - Recharge 40% per second; Recharge delay of 3 seconds
Rhino: High HP Shielding Protection - Recharge 40% per second; Recharge delay of 9.6 seconds
Tachyon: Medium HP Shielding Protection - Recharge 70% per second; Recharge delay of 9.6 seconds

What type do you use and why? What perks do you use to help keep your shield charged? What perks do you use to give you the advantage of your shield?

Any information would be appreciated!

Currently I use a Respark, although low hp shielding it recharges at 40% seconds and I can always find some place to cower for 3 seconds to get it back up! Hehe. (Also I have the +25 HP Regen Bonus on my shield which comes in handy)

What's in your wallet?

Calidorn

wild liza
07-13-2013, 07:16 AM
i like to use a re-spark and have escape artist equipped (+45% movement speed on shield break). i also have another perk equipped but can't remember the name off the top off my head (+45% movement speed on full shield charge). This is really useful when paired with either a SMG or shotgun.

TravelerX1
07-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Depends on the build I am using.

For PvP I use an Ironclad with the highest capacity that I can get (19xx currently) The Regen, Grenadier, etc are good models for this. Combined with the defensive perks I find myself very "Durable" in combat, surviving things most people can't. (Added with blur it makes me very hard to kill, LOL)

For PvE.... I generally use Rebels I find that that that extra 400 etc gives me a slight edge towards staying alive. Though I was talking with a friend last night and I may switch over to the resparks on some of my builds for the same reasons you mention. Generally Regen ones are nice. Blastproofs for Explosive builds, I have one that grants 6% less damage when standing still that I use on my sniper build (Paired with the perk, it's awesome)

Melee shields will be more popular once the DLC hits (Charge blades count as Melee damage for perks, etc)

KTCAOP
07-14-2013, 01:50 AM
I personally like the 2.85 second respark. HP regenerates much more slowly and so I'd rather have a fast regenerating shield pull out of combat for a couple of seconds and then get back into then go around and wait.

PvP though I agree with the above. You usually have enough time between fights and having the extra HP is very useful.