PDA

View Full Version : Can/Should we delete the Beta?!

Market
03-27-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm curious and couldn't find an answer with a search, so I guess creating it will have to do... Apologies if this is indeed discussed somewhere else and I just missed it...

Is there any point in keeping the Beta on my HD? I just don't want to go deleting it if it's going to make the install of the release any faster... I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm not one to jump on my own opinions... I know me too well... lol

thanks guys!

Arsenic_Touch
03-27-2013, 08:44 AM
No official word, sent sledge a pm and haven't received a reply yet.

mcwjimbo
03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
personally have always found something in beta product conflicting in some way with launch product in the past necessitating a delete of beta and launch and re-download launch with other games so just delete beta to ensure no headaches and there is no reason to have beta on your system once it is over

War Master Degan
03-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Delete it. It's not doing anything but taking up space. When you dl the official game it wont even be stored in the same "file" as the beta and you'll just be wasting space.

shepherdLou
03-27-2013, 09:00 AM
so far what i've heard is that you cannot update your beta to the official lunch client

Market
03-27-2013, 09:03 AM
personally have always found something in beta product conflicting in some way with launch product in the past necessitating a delete of beta and launch and re-download launch with other games so just delete beta to ensure no headaches and there is no reason to have beta on your system once it is over

I'm inclined to agree, but the thing keeping me from doing so is due to the Gears 3 "beta"... removing it made issues for all the pre-game unlocks... now.... I understand that's not happening here... I know there's no carry over, so that's not my point...

my point is that I just don't want to do anything without hearing it from Trion that there's no reason to keep it around... some call me paranoid... I consider it planning ahead... lol

@Arsenic_Touch, if you get an answer, I'm sure we're not the only ones with this question!! put it up here if you please?

thanks for the responses!!

War Master Degan
03-27-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm inclined to agree, but the thing keeping me from doing so is due to the Gears 3 "beta"... removing it made issues for all the pre-game unlocks... now.... I understand that's not happening here... I know there's no carry over, so that's not my point...

my point is that I just don't want to do anything without hearing it from Trion that there's no reason to keep it around... some call me paranoid... I consider it planning ahead... lol

@Arsenic_Touch, if you get an answer, I'm sure we're not the only ones with this question!! put it up here if you please?

thanks for the responses!!

It's not going to hurt anything to keep it so long as you have the space to keep it.

stepfathermonk
03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
there is already an official statement from the german CM :

Der Beta-Client wird nicht weiter verwendet werden können, ein kompletter Neudownload wird nötig sein.

you can not use the beta-client any longer. a complete new download is necessary

the question of the german thread was => can beta-client be patched to release-client

Tzar of kaos
03-27-2013, 09:55 AM
I delete it yesterday(on Xbox 360) and everything is fine...I'm still alive ;)

Defy
03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
probably safe to delete

Doc
03-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Would love a Dev/CM response.