PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass or No Season Pass

HiMyNameIsBill
07-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Im on the fence about this. I just cant make my mind up weather to get it or not. Please help me decide. Give reasons why you havent bought it or have bought it. Also is there going to be 5 DLCs this year or over a long period of time?

marshy
07-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Im on the fence about this. I just cant make my mind up weather to get it or not. Please help me decide. Give reasons why you havent bought it or have bought it. Also is there going to be 5 DLCs this year or over a long period of time?

My advise don't do it, wait till the 1st DLC comes out then look on the forums and see if it is worth it

Raver Wolfe
07-13-2013, 09:13 AM
I'd advise getting it if you enjoy the game. = )

Grymms
07-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I suggest you hold off there's only a few things you'll miss out on if you dont get it.

You can't make a new race
You can't play new race missions

Plus at the rate Trion is going there's no guarantee you'll get 5DLC before the second season drops.
3months so far before first dlc at this pace you'll only get 4.
If they pick up the pace you'll get skimpy DLC which won't be worth the price.

No time limit on the dlc I would say wait for at least the second DLC to see if they start skimping on content in the dlc and to see the reaction of the first dlc. How long it takes them to fix the bugs.

hey u
07-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Well with me I held onto my money then a while back I heard Trion let go of some of their staff and with that I had hoped new people would be brought onto the defiance project so I bought the season pass. Way I looked at it is with my money from the season pass that maybe someone over at Trion would work a extra hour and kink out some bugs.

I can say I have seen lots of improvements from day 2 when I got this game. If u have money and can spare the money for a season pass then yes do it. If money is hard for u to get then I would hold up on buying it because there still is no word on when it will come out. Also I have heard people say it may never come out and that Trion did a snatch and grab but to that I'm not too sure on that and also that some people got refunded for their season pass but again I'm not sure if that is true.

So if u have the money and if u want to spend it and with that hope that with your money the people over at Trion will work out some bugs then yes buy it but like with my friends money is hard for them to get so they are holding onto their money and waiting till day 2 of dlc content so they can read reviews up on it.

HiMyNameIsBill
07-13-2013, 10:03 AM
thanks for your input people

Indra Echo
07-13-2013, 10:40 AM

No one can make up your mind for you of course. And on internet forums you are most likely to hear only negative views (the reality of retail is that it's usually unhappy buyers that talk the most-a happy customer might tell 5 people, an unhappy one tells everyone). If you pre-order games ever then you understand that any purchase made before a release is a question mark. You decide whether or not you can risk your money for the potential benefits.

There will be 5 DLCs and it's been said by the devs that they will drop within the year. Ok, take that for what it's worth. Very few game companies are ever on time and they all leave open possibilities by not specifically stating dates of release. They don't know how long development will take, and Trion has said the game (and the tv show) will partly be based on how we play, what we like. The "year" talked about could be taken to mean, the end of this year or the end of the year in the game's life-say March to March.

It was also said it would be released between the two tv show seasons-so between season 1 and 2-which gives them until June 2014 to release all DLC.

Future DLC will include new races (first, the Castithan), likely more weapons (first, charge weapons and turrets), more vehicles (first, the 4 person Raptor), and more maps (not said to be in the first DLC), more PvP options (an arena where you can fight against friends), new foes in some re-vamped situations (Volge sieges, Dark Matter arkfalls), and the ability to change your character, as well as new story content, and so on. Contrast that with what you often get with other games for more than the $10 per DLC price-usually it's more maps.

I am biased and I'll admit that. I like the game and that may be what matters most to you. Do you like the game? Do you want more? If you listen to some of those that say don't buy the season pass you have to remember, a lot of them don't want the game to succeed, for whatever reason. I want it to and so I'm supporting it. I know it has bugs, but I have yet to play a game that does not and most games have a lot worse support for their fans and a lot less stuff outside of the game and inside it (contests that you may or may not like) to try and make it fun.

But you have to decide what works for you. Don't let me or anyone else tell you they know what that is.

Fancypants
07-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Im on the fence about this. I just cant make my mind up weather to get it or not. Please help me decide. Give reasons why you havent bought it or have bought it.You should definitely buy it!

My reasons: I bought it after making a thread without even playing the game for two weeks yet, and I was asking if I should buy it on the forums and some other people I've never met said I should, so I did.

I've enjoyed all the DLC content Trion released this far and it was good to take advice from total strangers about spending my money, so I'd say 'yes, buy it'.

:p

HiMyNameIsBill
07-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Your wright, i do want this game to be sucessful. Im going to buy it. And i do enjoy the game so thats the main reason. Its only £23 in the UK so its not the end of the world . Thanks for your input everyone :)

NicodemusTNT
07-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Your wright, i do want this game to be sucessful. Im going to buy it. And i do enjoy the game so thats the main reason. Its only £23 in the UK so its not the end of the world . Thanks for your input everyone :)

This is why I bought it.

Scooter__Johnson
07-13-2013, 12:48 PM
the season pass sounds rubbish as it will be a miss from my part as theres nothing interesting from the dlc

ralisti
07-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Speaking as someone who prepurchased the Digital Deluxe edition and Season Pass, I advise to hold off on purchasing anything having to do with the game. Trion has disappointed me to the point that I have not logged in for a couple of weeks, and do not miss the game.

I have already chalked up the money I have spent as a lesson to not buy anything from Trion again, and any other game which involves anyone from Trion.

They released the game in a dismal state. If anything it was still in early beta with all the issues and bugs, and since released have not improved the game much. Nine times out of ten, anything they 'fixed' is either still broken, or rebroken in a later patch.

So save your money and just monitor the forums to see if Trion pulls their heads out of their rears. Personally I am doubtful it will happen. Between the management constantly making obviously bad decisions, and developers who would screw up a 'Hello World' program, I do not see much of a future for the game, unless EA starts sending them pity money as thanks for preventing EA from winning Worse Company of the Year 3 years running.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 01:21 PM
My advise don't do it, wait till the 1st DLC comes out then look on the forums and see if it is worth it

Have to agree with Marshy on this one. I bought the Season Pass with my purchase of the game so its too late for me, but I would recommend doing as Marshy insisted. Buy the first DLC without the aid of the season pass. If you like its content and the game as a whole and think that it will be something that you will be playing for years to come then grab it.

TwwiX
07-13-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd wait and see what they release first. There's bound to be a heavy discount for it by this year's holiday season. The base game is already on sale for $13 at Steam.

Xazur
07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Well as of now the defiance DLC isn't on sale, so no rush to get it. Get it when the dlc comes out, or if it goes on sale anywhere.

Kleptobrainiac
07-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Run away, dude. At this point the season pass might as well be an RNG lock box.

Sanguinesun
07-13-2013, 03:37 PM

Wait to get it. We've still not gotten the first one though it was originally slated to be given months ago and still keeps getting pushed back. Most of the stuff from the 1st not yet released DLC will be able to be gotten for free anyway in the eventuality that it is released anyway.

Also remember that the each DLC can be bought separately supposedly once released.

You're new. Play the game for an extended length of time and decide whether you think it will be worth bothering with. I suspect you'll figure out why some of us who played even during the alpha stage have yet to put the money in the DLC.

Atticus Batman
07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Do what I am doing.

I have friends/clanmates who already bought the season pass. I have the money set aside for it, but not buying yet. I am going to wait til the DLC is released. Wait til my friends play it, then ask the ones I actually trust to give a real answer, what they think of it. That will be MY deciding factor. What trusted friends think after they played their payed content, not guesses.

Atticus Batman
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Run away, dude. At this point the season pass might as well be an RNG lock box.

It's NOT?! It comes with one though and a lame hellbug cap for your character. So might as well say it is.

ianb4all
07-13-2013, 05:01 PM

I just went and brought the game for £6 and the Season pass for £26 - iI thought what the heck- People moan like mad about games like these as its not a wow clone!

I was on the fence myself from a lot fo the negative reviews but after reading alot of them- those negative ppl where expecting wow or something!

All I wanted was to shoot things in the face when and where I feel like it without having to pay a sub or worry about missing future dlc content- I know I am set for the foreseeable future with this game!

Well worth the money spent to get to blast things in their faces for pure shoot em up fun!

Fancypants
07-13-2013, 05:31 PM
There's bound to be a heavy discount for it by this year's holiday season. The base game is already on sale for $13 at Steam.http://www.purecommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/truthsetfree.jpg

Well worth the money spent to get to blast things in their faces for pure shoot em up fun!Awaiting the three month post after the one week post. ;)

Daholic
07-13-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.purecommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/truthsetfree.jpg

Awaiting the three month post after the one week post. ;)

Ive always said that only the great games release for 59.99$ Arp 2, then 3 months later, see the game for 25$.

Sanguinesun
07-13-2013, 10:34 PM
I just went and brought the game for £6 and the Season pass for £26 - iI thought what the heck- People moan like mad about games like these as its not a wow clone!

I was on the fence myself from a lot fo the negative reviews but after reading alot of them- those negative ppl where expecting wow or something!

All I wanted was to shoot things in the face when and where I feel like it without having to pay a sub or worry about missing future dlc content- I know I am set for the foreseeable future with this game!

Well worth the money spent to get to blast things in their faces for pure shoot em up fun!

I feel sorry for you. Truly I do. You're still in the limerence stage of the game, and that is going to fade pretty quickly. When it does you're going to most likely be rather angry and embarrassed when reminded of this post above.

Youkai Risu
07-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Run, run far away! It ain't worth the time till they actually followed through with what they promise.

jbob spittlewop
07-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Basically all the season pass is is a hat and 10 bucks saved. I bought it because I knew I would finish out the game regardless, so I might as well save 10 bucks in the process. If you don't like the game and aren't a borderline OCD gamer like me then don't buy it. :P

MacDeath
07-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I havenšt bought the season pass. I will look at each DLC as they come out and decide if I want to buy it. It MIGHT cost me more if I buy 5 in one season, or the same if I buy 4, or save me money if I buy 3 or fewer. I do like the content of DLC 1 but have no idea of what will be in the next few DLCs.

Indra Echo
07-14-2013, 12:13 AM
My statement stands. People have their own brains and should decide for themselves rather than listen to me or anyone else. I especially won't listen though to people who seem to think it's just great to buy other games that have the same issues they are just livid over with Defiance-games that are the same year after year and should be perfect by now, like Black Ops 2 or say, Skyrim or pick a game. And some with map dlc that costs $15 a pop.

I certainly hope these psychic perfect people here who just know that Destiny (brought to you by the people responsible for CoD games and Halo) will be super fantastic, sight unseen will express the same amount of outrage when bugs appear in it or when something is not delivered "on time".

It's just not ok when a smaller company tries to actually do something different, actually offers many venues for CS, actually has forum staff that (sure not frequently) responds to players, and actually does try to make the game more fun by listening to fans' concerns, holding contests, providing external content, and so on. But oh their game has bugs, they didn't keep a promise (they never made) to release DLC oh you know last year, and so the devil must be the CEO of Trion.

DLC was not promised ever to be released months ago. And I'm just as certain that a whole lot of people here have made promises to be on time but couldn't keep their promise. I do hope people in their lives never forgave them for that.;)

dbcameron
07-14-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm with Indra on this, make up you're own mind. While I may be a little late I'd say look into the videos from E3 and if you like what you see look into what you'll save versus what you're expectations are.

Expect the moon like some here and you'll be disappointed.

IAmShepard
07-14-2013, 02:55 AM
I personally won't buy it. But if you like the game, and it's worth it to you then yes, by all means by it.