PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Edition Pre-Orders

Blastiel
03-27-2013, 09:06 AM
OK so now we all know we won't get it on time, fair enough.

However my question to TRION is what is going to be put in place for UE customers who won't be able to play for 10 Days?

You don't really want to dump on the user base giving you the biggest pile of cash surely?

Psyral
03-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks for bringing this up, it's something I'd like to know the answer to as well......

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-27-2013, 09:09 AM

However my question to TRION is what is going to be put in place for UE customers who won't be able to play for 10 Days?

You don't really want to dump on the user base giving you the biggest pile of cash surely?

Wait they're delaying the UE? They're going to lose some money for that I wounder how many of the UE Pre-orders will just pre-order the standard instead? Atleast 5 i would say..

Lol 5 was just a random number xD

Amnesia
03-27-2013, 09:12 AM
OK so now we all know we won't get it on time, fair enough.We do? I believe one user in the UK posted that one retailer is delaying shipment.

I don't believe I've heard that this will affect all users in the UK, much less the rest of the world. Do you have any official source?

Blastiel
03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Wait they're delaying the UE? They're going to lose some money for that I wounder how many of the UE Pre-orders will just pre-order the standard instead? Atleast 5 i would say..

Lol 5 was just a random number xD

I would but no point spending 35 on a regular edition that is rendered useless once the code is used.

LordsOfSkulls
03-27-2013, 09:14 AM
if this turn out to be true >.> on Apirl 2 i just pick up collector edition. Until than no worries =)

Cyrox
03-27-2013, 09:15 AM

could you guys link the source?

Blastiel
03-27-2013, 09:16 AM
if this turn out to be true >.> on Apirl 2 i just pick up collector edition. Until than no worries =)

Hello,

We're writing about your Amazon.co.uk order xxxxxxxxxxxx which included the following:

-----------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxx

Defiance: Ultimate Edition (Xbox 360)
-----------------------------------------------------

We wanted to let you know that due to supply issues with the manufacturer, the release date of this game has been moved to Friday, April 12, 2013.

Please note that pre-orders will be fulfilled in order of purchase date and we won't charge your payment card until just before your items are dispatched.

We can certainly understand that this wasn't what you expected when you placed your order and if you'd prefer to cancel it you can do so by going to "Your Orders" in Your Account or by clicking the link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/history/orders/view.html

If you'd then prefer to order the Defiance - Standard Edition (Xbox 360) version, which releases on Tuesday, April 2, 2013, you can find it on this page:

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest regards

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Sytek
think I saw something like this once before. The company had a grace period put in place so they could DL the game and play without having a paid account. Once the game shipped all they had to do was put in thier CD key on the account they made and it was a real account. Being that this is Xbox though i dont even know if thats possible or if Trion would even bother.

Feel bad for you guys its killing me just waiting till the 2nd

duction
I've canceled mine and will be going to pre order at game tonight and collect it on Tuesday morning.. Will save me round about 30 meh... Ain't in the mood to be messed around.

Amnesia
03-27-2013, 09:22 AM
We're writing about your Amazon.co.uk order xxxxxxxxxxxx which included the followingOK, so Amazon in the UK is delaying the XBox UE. Do you have any information about other retailers? Other regions? Other platforms?

Blastiel
03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
OK, so Amazon in the UK is delaying the XBox UE. Do you have any information about other retailers? Other regions? Other platforms?

Couldn't 100% confirm but issue lies with NAMCO BANDI not shipping to suppliers.

Amnesia
03-27-2013, 09:33 AM
This page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8/277-3836526-4309119?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=defiance&sprefix=defaince%2Caps%2C346
Suggests that it's only the xbox UE that's delayed for Amazon UK.

Here in the US, Gamestop still lists all platforms' UE as coming out on 2 April.

Blastiel
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Bumping so it gets seen...

Synder
03-27-2013, 10:54 AM
This delay is ONLY THE UK Amazon site, regarding ONLY the XBOX version. This is a copy/paste of a post of mine from a different thread.

I just called my buddy, that happens to be a Gamestop Manager. He says the Ultimate Edtiion of Defiance for ALL systems is still listed in the system as releasing April 2nd, and he is expecting delivery of this within a few days, as usual before a game comes out the following week. Not sure if this is due to there being a "Gamestop Exclusive Edtion" of the Ultimate version of the game or not.

US VERSIONS ARE NOT DELAYED, ONLY The Amazon UK XBOX VERSION!!

Angr
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM

4 some reason there is a delay for the german version too ...
Hits UE on XB360/PC (from 2th April to 5th April)

Ordered from amazon.de

greetz

Jamesdanex
03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Any news on if its delayed in north america as well?

Darth Jimbob
03-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Just having it out in a Live chat with amazon...

You are now connected to Teenu from Amazon.co.uk.
Me:
hi
Teenu:
Hello, my name is Teenu.
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. Could you confirm the name on your account, please?
Me:
james
Teenu:
Thank you, James.
How may I help you?
Me:
i placed a preorder for the Defiance ultimate edtion xbox360 game on the 6/3/13... received an email saying i wont be getting it on the 2/4/13 but now on the 12/4/13... supplier issues or something... but when i look at the ps3 and pc versions of the game they both state a 2/4/13 release date... please explain why im haveing to wait 10days?
Teenu:
I see that the item is released on April 12, 2013.
You will receive the order on the delivery date.
Me:
now look at the ps3 and pc versions
whens there release date?
Teenu:
Could you please give me 2 minutes while I check it for you?
Me:
ok
Teenu:
Thanks for waiting.
The release date which is listed for the xbox is incorrect and you can still expect your item on April 02, 2013.
Me:
oooooooookkkkkkkkkk... how have you come to that response?
Teenu:
I have checked with our internal team.
Me:
ok cool... any chance of an email comfirming that?
Teenu:
You can expect a dispatch confirmation email soon. I will also confirm that via email once this chat ends.
Me:
sweet, well thankyou for your help and for clearing it up for me... you have a good day :)
Teenu:
You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me:
nope im good ta

... the plot thickens duh duh deeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

boblinthegoblin
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
I just got the UK Amazon email about it being delayed :(

Any idea whats going on with it?

Really want it on release day, are Game and other retailers shipping ultimate to the uk on the 2nd?

Ape One
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
This delay is ONLY THE UK Amazon site, regarding ONLY the XBOX version. This is a copy/paste of a post of mine from a different thread.

I just called my buddy, that happens to be a Gamestop Manager. He says the Ultimate Edtiion of Defiance for ALL systems is still listed in the system as releasing April 2nd, and he is expecting delivery of this within a few days, as usual before a game comes out the following week. Not sure if this is due to there being a "Gamestop Exclusive Edtion" of the Ultimate version of the game or not.

I can back this up. My gamestop manager bro. said the same thing.

Daymarr
03-27-2013, 01:31 PM
I would but no point spending 35 on a regular edition that is rendered useless once the code is used.

What do you mean by code is used?

Jester
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone,

We currently have a dev post in response to the discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread, as well as the dev's response here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11159-CE-UE-Release-Update-%96-Some-Delays-At-Select-EU-Retailers
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11193-Re-directed-to-closed-thread-UE-Delays

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated. This will also allow any dev responses to be posted in one location for all to see.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (http://forums.defiance.com/search.php) (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Defiance Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!