PDA

View Full Version : New stuff

Tuzzee
07-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Will they ever be adding new races from the tv show to the game? like the INDOGENES VOLGE BIOMEN etc.

Chevota
07-13-2013, 12:55 PM
all 3 are in the game... 2 before the show even. Indogene and Bio-men were from launch, and Volge just got introduced...

Indogene may be a playable race at some point in DLC theory. Volge are enemies, along with Bio-men, so probably wont play as them, ever.

Phuccko
07-13-2013, 12:56 PM
They are in the game, but not as playable races.

ralisti
07-13-2013, 01:02 PM
They have 'plans' to release all kinds of stuff in the DLCs. Of course, that is providing they ever release the first DLC which they keep saying is coming, but nothing more.

Their latest excuse is basically they have been dealing with fixing the plethora of bugs and issues they released the game with, so they keep pushing back the DLC.

Of course we have not seen much progress in their fixing of bugs and other issues, but they have introduced a lot of new bugs and issues by forcing out untested and bug ridden patches. The lastest seems to be breaking of arkfalls....again...which was supposedly fixed.

In short, if you are looking for new stuff, you might want to look elsewhere. The only things Trion Defiance has been good for is spin doctoring, hyping, and disappointment...and they have mastered the latter.

brandileigh
07-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I would pay far too much money to be a giant kickass sensoth girl haha. Indogene would be awesome too.

JxSiN
07-13-2013, 03:36 PM
All races are in the game, just as NPC's. The Castis are coming with the first DLC, the others will hopefully follow in subsequent DLCs. I would also like to see Indogene as an enemy race (seeing how they aren't as nice as we thought according to the tv series) as it is about the only race other than Irath (possibly) that isn't an enemy right now.

Irathient-- Possibly raiders, hard to tell since they wear masks and are a mix of human and votan, but Iraths would seem to be the most likely votan raider race.
Casti-- Dark Matter
Liberata-- Raider Rioters
Sensoth-- Raider Tankers
Volge-- Volge
Biomen-- Raiders (minigunners and those grenade launcher guys)
Gulanee-- Dekuso

Schmiznurf
07-13-2013, 03:39 PM
I think Dark Matter are a mix of races. The larger dark matter look like they could be Sensoths.

Era
07-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Casti are coming, Indogene will probably be added later. Sensoth and Liberata are both unlikely (maybe a liberata in an exo suit? or half breeds?). We might get mutant or biomen down the road theoretically. Gulanee and Volge won't happen (Gulanee can't support an EGO and Volge don't seem the friendly type).

No I have no idea how half breeds work, but they're supposedly canon. Best guess is the couple was genetically augmented via nanites to induce genetic compatibility. Because commercial grade nanites can do that. EGO does that in fact.

Ooh, maybe we'll 99er victims that have been rescued before the whole cave gasses that fry your brain problem (conversion facilities are above ground, it could happen).

JxSiN
07-13-2013, 04:11 PM
I think Dark Matter are a mix of races. The larger dark matter look like they could be Sensoths.

You are right, there is a possibility they are a mixture of the races. However, the reason I listed them mainly as Casti is because they more or less fit in the persona of the Casti. I doubt, although it is likely, that there are Iraths in the unit as well, but highly improbable due to the deep seeded hatred between the two species (even before coming to Earth). The bigger ones could be Sensoth, but yet appear smaller than the Sensoth Raider tankers. More than likely, if there is another dark matter race, I would be leaning towards Indogene as they already have a history with cybernetics and implants.

JxSiN
07-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Casti are coming, Indogene will probably be added later. Sensoth and Liberata are both unlikely (maybe a liberata in an exo suit? or half breeds?). We might get mutant or biomen down the road theoretically. Gulanee and Volge won't happen (Gulanee can't support an EGO and Volge don't seem the friendly type).

No I have no idea how half breeds work, but they're supposedly canon. Best guess is the couple was genetically augmented via nanites to induce genetic compatibility. Because commercial grade nanites can do that. EGO does that in fact.

Ooh, maybe we'll 99er victims that have been rescued before the whole cave gasses that fry your brain problem (conversion facilities are above ground, it could happen).

After the Casti, I really think Indogene will be next. I do believe Sensoth and Liberata will also make it as PC's as it is not hard to resculpt and resize an existing model. I do agree that we will probably never get the Volge or Gulanee as player races. Cyborgs like the 99'ers are possible.

I still want freaking Sabrewolves as an enemy dangit! They were the first creature shown on the show! They are probably woodland creatures, and there isn't a lot of woodlands right now. But maybe soon with a map expansion.

Smitch
07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
After the Casti, I really think Indogene will be next.

They would have to have a good reason. There are so few Indogene left on Earth. Unless the nearly intact crashed Ark that the Indogene moved into and set up a Stasis net around to keep anyone else out had something they could turn into a cloning/rapid growth facility. >.<

(And I would really love to play an Indogene!)

MattN
07-13-2013, 05:46 PM
The supermutant was a mutated version of Biomen after the war, regular Biomen are smaller. It's possible they can be playable race.

SymbolicGamer
07-13-2013, 06:19 PM
They would have to have a good reason. There are so few Indogene left on Earth. Unless the nearly intact crashed Ark that the Indogene moved into and set up a Stasis net around to keep anyone else out had something they could turn into a cloning/rapid growth facility. >.<

Good Reason:
They share roughly the same body type as humans, irathients and castithans. It's logical that if they were to come out with additional playable species, indogenes would be the next choice.

Era
07-13-2013, 08:53 PM
After the Casti, I really think Indogene will be next. I do believe Sensoth and Liberata will also make it as PC's as it is not hard to resculpt and resize an existing model. I do agree that we will probably never get the Volge or Gulanee as player races. Cyborgs like the 99'ers are possible.

I still want freaking Sabrewolves as an enemy dangit! They were the first creature shown on the show! They are probably woodland creatures, and there isn't a lot of woodlands right now. But maybe soon with a map expansion.

The problem with Sensoth and Liberata is there is really no way to balance the totally different hitboxes for PvP.

SymbolicGamer
07-13-2013, 10:38 PM
The problem with Sensoth and Liberata is there is really no way to balance the totally different hitboxes for PvP.

Just give everyone infectors.

Phuccko
07-14-2013, 10:36 AM
They should have Kenya come to the Bay Area and open up a whoore house.......yes........

Tzar of kaos
07-14-2013, 10:47 AM

Also i'm not sure that Indogene likes to fight or do stuffs like that...Never saw Eren took a gun and try to help me.

ralisti
07-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I can see it now. They announce the indogene race and everyone gets all giddie. On release, they find out it is the 'undercover' indogene which as just rehashed other race.