PDA

View Full Version : Trion, fix the AI in this game, they suck.

Sharingan
07-13-2013, 01:46 PM
The AI don't even walk half the time, they kinda just teleport around sometimes, they makes sniping impossible.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 01:47 PM
That would be a problem with your connection, not the AI. Personally I think that the AI are quite intelligent, as infuriating as that can be from time to time. xD

Sharingan
07-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Well my connection is fine, considering I get over 100mbps...

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Well my connection is fine, considering I get over 100mbps...

Doesnt matter. Its still a connection problem. Try resetting your router (unplug it for 30 seconds the plug it back in) and see if that fixes the issue.

Sharingan
07-13-2013, 02:14 PM
But my friends are getting the same problem

ten4
07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't listen to that dude; it has nothing to do with connection. AI here loves to warp, it's a feature!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Don't listen to that dude; it has nothing to do with connection. AI here loves to warp, it's a feature!

I've rarely run into the warping AI problem and every time that I did I was D/Ced shortly thereafter. A quick reset of the router and problem was solved.

ten4
07-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Sorry man, it is NOT connection. This warping thing has been going on since alpha. You have no idea what you are talking about, reseting router does nothing to correct this since this is a problem with the game period. If it was connection then why don't players do it? Explain that?

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Sorry man, it is NOT connection. This warping thing has been going on since alpha. You have no idea what you are talking about, reseting router does nothing to correct this since this is a problem with the game period. If it was connection then why don't players do it? Explain that?

Players and AI both do it. Its like they're tied to an invisible rubberband. Either we're talking about two separate but similar problems or one of us is severly mistaken. My responses are based off of my own experience with both beta and retail versions of the game. A resetting of the router as always worked for me. If not for you then I don't know what to tell you.

dominad
07-13-2013, 03:00 PM
The sliding thing?? They have only been doing it since the patch when it was at its worst it actually meant they disappeared i think it was distance render issues tried a bit last night stil pretty bad but they do slide now at least I can shoot them again no point trying to aim though more spray and pray because it depends on how things load.
I know it is not me as while I have experienced in game issues from day 1, this is the first time it has ever done this.

Era
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM
That would be a problem with your connection, not the AI. Personally I think that the AI are quite intelligent, as infuriating as that can be from time to time. xD

Aimbotting+numbers!=intelligence

Still, difficulty of the swarm is in a lot of ways better than difficulty of the mind for the purposes of an MMO. Easier to code, less resources to maintain and dynamic group movements means every battle is different instead of just having to memorize a few telegraphs and attack patterns and having every battle be exactly the same. They do need to adjust when and how enemies use cover though. And we need significantly more enemy types that stick around (start with elemental Volge and Tremblers sticking around and work from there). And Arkfalls need more enemies. And we need more bosses/Arkfalls/roaming bosses.

Variety makes dynamic fights more interesting.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Aimbotting+numbers!=intelligence

Still, difficulty of the swarm is in a lot of ways better than difficulty of the mind for the purposes of an MMO. Easier to code, less resources to maintain and dynamic group movements means every battle is different instead of just having to memorize a few telegraphs and attack patterns and having every battle be exactly the same. They do need to adjust when and how enemies use cover though. And we need significantly more enemy types that stick around (start with elemental Volge and Tremblers sticking around and work from there). And Arkfalls need more enemies. And we need more bosses/Arkfalls/roaming bosses.

Variety makes dynamic fights more interesting.

Agreed with the variety. I personally love fighting the Volge. They're the closest thing to a challenge that the game currently has. When they first came out I used syphon weapons religiously against everything. Even the Volge emergencies were easy to solo with them. After seeing all the people complain about how hard they were and saying my peace I decided to make an entirely new class focused around Crit damage using the XMR Nolan gives you. Not the best crit weapon I know, but it worked just fine. A few damage reducing perks with some crit mults and I was still able to easily solo Volge emergencies.

Anyway, point is Defiance needs something harder to kill, and if that is not an option then make enemy numbers greater. Protection in numbers as they say.

As far as the AI intelligence goes they are still pretty stupid campared to most human players, but they're still relatively more intelligent than most AI that I've fought. Dark Matter especially. Its not often that you see AI in other games use flanking/distraction tactics against you. Whether through my own neglicence or not I've still been caught off guard and put down by sneaky enemies. They will sometimes dodge grenades too, which is both cool and infuriating at the same time. xD

Era
07-13-2013, 03:39 PM
If they are dodging your grenades you are using the wrong grenades. All mine are 0 det time or infector.

Atticus Batman
07-13-2013, 03:44 PM
If they are dodging your grenades you are using the wrong grenades. All mine are 0 det time or infector.

Not everyone is lucky enough to ever get a zero-det grenade. I never get any whith less than a 2 sec det but friends with lower egos somehow get them.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Come come Era. There's no such thing as a "wrong grenade". Though I've never run into an enemy fast enough to dodge my .8 det time grenades I have friends that its happened to, and I've watched it happen to them. xD I guess they just get weak in the knees when they see my Irath coming after them. :p

Era
07-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Not everyone is lucky enough to ever get a zero-det grenade. I never get any whith less than a 2 sec det but friends with lower egos somehow get them.

Paradise rep vendor has a leveled 0 det time frag grenade at all times.

You have literally no excuse.

Iceberg
07-13-2013, 04:03 PM
It could be a bottle neck problem.

Atticus Batman
07-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Thank you. Guess I should pay attention to those but honestly I tend not to look in most faction vendors. I will however go take a look at that one.

Chaskcryaotic
07-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Your kidding right please tell me the OP is kidding AI fixed because they suck oh jesus that made my "Night" go up against the volge mate than come back saying that blue shtako

IAmShepard
07-14-2013, 01:58 AM
A.I? This game doesn't have any. We have spunkgargleeweewee bots.

That would require the enemies to show some form of intelligence. Instead of being easily telegraphed, repetitive, and glitchy at times.

But yes, it would be nice if Trion would improve on it, don't hold your breath on that though.