PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME to the new players and free Weekenders!!!

Xoralis
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to say a friendly WELCOME to all the new players i see in Mount Tam who have either bought the game and or trying out the free weekend.

I hope you people enjoy it and plan to stick around. Game is addictive as all hell and becomes even more fun when you with mates running around and or in a clan, with arkfalls jumping to and from friends, PVP, co-ops and just overall running around with friends.

Hope you all have fun and say G'day if you see my running around being a weirdo....

:D

ServDad
07-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Hopefully the bad lag doesn't scare them away.

Wizx13
07-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Just played Defiance for the first time since Alpha. I must say the game is impressive. It is amazing to see the diff between the striped down version and the final live version.

Only thing thats freeking me out right now is I have yet to see a bouncy launcher :(

Clusters>Granola :cool:

crasher
07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Just played Defiance for the first time since Alpha. I must say the game is impressive. It is amazing to see the diff between the striped down version and the final live version.

Only thing thats freeking me out right now is I have yet to see a bouncy launcher :(

Clusters>Granola :cool:
you think this is something, you shoulda seen it LAST week before they took all the amazing graphics and weapons back out.

::I'm a bad pony?::

Marlock
07-14-2013, 06:01 AM
I try to play but the patching error don't let me. I miss the trial and the Steam sale. :(

lildevil13
07-14-2013, 06:45 AM
the patching error(

Congratz. You've just discovered one of the features of the game. You should hurry and buy the game ASAP cause there are other features way more fun.

Heinzlee
07-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Hope you all have fun and say G'day if you see my running around being a weirdo....

G'day.
G'day.
G'day.

Pretty sure I saw you running around being a weirdo at least 3 times recently...
:P

MonkeyButter
07-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I signed up for the trial on Thursday night. For almost 3 full days, the patcher has been broken for me. Finally, it is now working.

However, since the trial timer started on Thursday, it expires tonight. If I am lucky, I may get to play the tutorial.

Thanks for nothing Trion!

edit: I spoke too soon.... Patch Error, please try again later... after your 72 hours has expired. F this ****.

Allthing
07-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Well I was tempted by the Steam Sale demons into picking this up and so far I'm pleasantly surprised. Been playing pretty solidly for about three days and the only thing I find slightly annoying is the chat interface (mainly how there isnt one and no-one really talks to each other outside of clans so PUGing is pretty much impossible). But thats something I can easily deal with and it doesnt spoil my enjoyment of the actual game at all, I havent found any content I cant solo given enough effort (Frackin Voulge!!).

Orkhun
07-15-2013, 12:45 PM
I was playing the game for 2 days after buying it on Steam sale it is a nice game but I must say one thing seriously annoyed me and probably anyone who considers buying Season Pass as I just completed a episode mission (on map it doesn't say which episode) and other missions disappeared, there wasn't any warning about episode missions I prefer to complete them in order also if I would know I would choose the mission accordingly. If episode missions work like that I will neither buy the season pass (I don't think anyone else would do either) nor play the game if doing one mission effects other things it must be told to the player with a warning like in other games

Tyger
07-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Do you mean that taking one mission made the other story missions disappear? If that's your issue it's a seriously small one. The moment you finish your current mission - no matter what it is - the rest of the map re-updates with the mission points again. As far as the linear pathing, I'm sure someone here can give you a list of the mini-arcs and which way best to complete them.

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Wait for a while, there is a little downtime between the episode missions just like there are for the main missions.

Jay60
07-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Hi Im new just got the game today and i was wondering how much updates am i gonna have to do? I mean in terms of megabytes or gigabytes?

groan
07-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I just picked this up on Friday....I can't put it down!

from my Steam stats.
Defiance
64.6 hrs last two weeks / 65 hrs on record

(ok i just realized that it clocks the character select screen as time played. It may be padded a bit as I will often leave it at the character select screen.)

JamminKillR
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Ya I just picked up the game thru steam too.......was in the alpha and beta and this finished product is wayyyyyyyyyy better. Love the show...........so it was really cool to see the "cross-over" content. And ya; at times the lag is a lil bad but completely bearable.

thpthpthp
07-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Just bought the game through the steam sale, had I known I would enjoy it as much as I currently am I would have gotten it at full price a long time ago.

Joeymtl
07-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Welcome, and talk to your friends about the game if you like it. We need more people.

Xoralis
07-16-2013, 06:43 AM
I just picked this up on Friday....I can't put it down!

from my Steam stats.
Defiance
64.6 hrs last two weeks / 65 hrs on record

(ok i just realized that it clocks the character select screen as time played. It may be padded a bit as I will often leave it at the character select screen.)

Lol nice, check out RAPTR if you haven't yet.

Daas
07-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I grabbed this through Amazon (not a fan of Steam, sue me) for a similarly gutted price compared to the retail cost. Sure it's far from perfect, but I enjoyed the show and figured I'd give the game a whirl. I can certainly understand people being displeased with what they paid $60+ for at launch and such, but seriously, check out the forums of every single game to launch in the last 3 years. This is the norm and paying top dollar at launch only continues to feed the beast.

I don't expect this game to be THE game, but it fills a niche and has features and such that other games I play currently do not.

If you see me driving my growler into poles, trees, guide rails etc, say hi and chuckle, I know it makes my daughters laugh like crazy when I'm playing and they hear the "beep beep" .... Here we go again Dad. Yep.

Tyger
07-16-2013, 09:45 AM
If you see me driving my growler into poles, trees, guide rails etc, say hi and chuckle, I know it makes my daughters laugh like crazy when I'm playing and they hear the "beep beep" .... Here we go again Dad. Yep.

Difference between you and I is I gotz an excuse...

<----Jersey Driver :p

koldmiser
07-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I played in beta, but couldn't afford to get it a launch. It was great to be able to get two copies of the deluxe edition for less than the price of one. My son and I had a blast playing it this weekend.