PDA

View Full Version : Social interaction...?

cesmode
07-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi,
So I started playing yesterday...I dont see a lot of MMO here. At all. I dont even see much of an online game. I know its a shooter first, but its online for a reason. I just dont see many people doing anything. The only times I see anyone is the one or two people doing the same mission as I am or an arkfall. Thats it.

Is this all I have to look forward to in terms of a multiplayer/mmo experience in the open world? Feels like a single player game unfortunately.

ironcladtrash
07-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi,
So I started playing yesterday...I dont see a lot of MMO here. At all. I dont even see much of an online game. I know its a shooter first, but its online for a reason. I just dont see many people doing anything. The only times I see anyone is the one or two people doing the same mission as I am or an arkfall. Thats it.

Is this all I have to look forward to in terms of a multiplayer/mmo experience in the open world? Feels like a single player game unfortunately.

I don't have much experience with other MMOs but your assessment is about right. Sometimes you can talk to people at the vendors but other than that I think you may want to join a clan for more social interaction.

Atticus Batman
07-13-2013, 08:51 PM
in Game VOICE chat is bugged, until they release the new User interface wich they say is coming with the DLC patch at the end of the month. As such, most people stick to third party chat programs, or on console, the console's chat program. So either invite random players into a group and hope they join you, or join a clan. Or use a keyboard and hope they notice your text chat and answer you. Btw if you mention what system you are on, somebody will most likely offer to invite you. It happens quite often. THeir is also a clan forum you can look through and see if you find a clan you want to join. Good luck because the game can be VERY fun with friends.

cesmode
07-13-2013, 08:53 PM
PC.

I like the variety of guns, graphics are really nice especially during ark falls..I like playing side by side with the show even if it may or may not have a huge interaction..

But this feels like a singleplayer shooter in an open world multiplayer space. That part sucks :(

A s0t
07-13-2013, 08:53 PM
It's a single player game with elements of a always on line
still haven't figured out why

Krauser
07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah it would be nice if voice chat worked. More than once, especially in co-op and death marches, I've wished I could talk to other players. It would really make things easier/more fun. (I play on PS3 btw) Hopefully they'll fix it.