PDA

View Full Version : Nim is a butthead.

joseph021775
07-14-2013, 12:20 AM
I have been fighting Nim for a while tonight and got to round 3 where he proceeded to hand my my butt on a platter. I'm curious as to what EGO rating most have done this at. Mine is only at 647 and I bet it may need to be a bit higher to take him out.

KTCAOP
07-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Overall I don't think EGO matters that much. I beat him using a VOT Pulser, the key thing I found was that you just always needed to keep moving and keep spraying.

I actually was very disappointed against Nim, I think I died all of two times when I fought him, I think I was at EGO 800 and I had the gunslinger perk which was probably the most important (increased crit from firing at the hip) and the 2.85sec shield recharge.

Duskky
07-14-2013, 12:26 AM
I was at 800 just dodge and shoot, pretty easy boss if you ask me.

joseph021775
07-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Ok cool, the first two rounds were fairly easy it was the last one that I had issues with. I don't have the weapon or perks mentioned as of yet but that will be next on my agenda and my shields suck lol. The main issue I ran into was lag the last time I fought him I almost had him beat and it all slowed down to a crawl then boom I'm toast.

KTCAOP
07-14-2013, 01:43 AM
I forget what the third phase was.

The first one I felt was the hardest learning to predict when his dashes were going to be.

The second phase was somewhat challenging but since he wasn't dashing around you could just do the whole run around "pray and spray" mechanism and you'd be able to survive.

What was the third phase?

joseph021775
07-14-2013, 01:49 AM
He goes all Dragonborn and starts making shock waves, tossing fireballs more, terra forming stuff.

Bryson
07-14-2013, 01:51 AM
I was ego 630 when I killed him, it took me only one try. He's not really that hard.

KTCAOP
07-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Jackleg Joe was really annoying though =(. I always ended up killing those small flamethrower guys T_T.

FDG SKULLS
07-14-2013, 02:04 AM
I have been fighting Nim for a while tonight and got to round 3 where he proceeded to hand my my butt on a platter. I'm curious as to what EGO rating most have done this at. Mine is only at 647 and I bet it may need to be a bit higher to take him out.

its good you faced nim now he is nerfed actually so that sucks he used to be really crazy it took me the first time i played him before the nerf 3 hours but it was also because i was using a 9.6 delay shield if your facing him heres some pointers get a 3 sec or under delay shield preferably a respark 2 get a assault rifle 3 for the first round just roll away from him and just keep laying into him until hes dead round 2 its basically just hid behind one of the big pillars and just peek out every couple of seconds and shoot him and his stupid clones until he goes up top then just roll around to avoid the flying swords then just keep doing the hide and shoot tactic round three do the same as round 1 but try to stay behind the pillar in the middle of the room and when the ground does the crystal thing stay away from them you'll die and just after there gone roll and keep shooting the key thing is to just basically keep your distance because even though he's nerfd his sword still packs a good punch and so does his explosives and hes really easy to beat i just faced him like a month or more ago and it only took me like 4 minutes to beat him for all 3 rounds together.....my last time facing him was after he was nerfd... i hope this helps any other question feel free to hit me up my GT is FDG Skulls....

Bryson
07-14-2013, 02:09 AM
What patch nerfed him?

FDG SKULLS
07-14-2013, 02:34 AM
What patch nerfed him? yeah he was nerfd a couple of months ago man.....

FDG SKULLS
07-14-2013, 04:31 AM
umm not sure what patch it was like a month or so after the game came out because of everyone crying about him being to hard...

grim bloody reaper
07-14-2013, 06:18 AM
yeah he was nerfd a couple of months ago man.....

Noob question: what is Nerfed :confused::confused:

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-14-2013, 08:41 AM
His first stage was the worst for me simply because that stupid dash attack that he did seemed to hit me every time. Once you get past that though stage 2 consists of a game of hide and seek with his clones. Stage 3 is the easiest one. Its basically just a game of Ring around the Pillar until he's dead.

Oh, and stay away from the crystals. They hurt.

Noob question: what is Nerfed :confused::confused:

The term "nerfing" comes from the online gaming world of Ultima Online.

At one point in the game, the developers reduced the power of swords in melee combat.

This resulted in players complaining that it was like they were hitting each other with nerf bats, not swords.

From then on, if ever something gets made less worth while than it had been originally, it is considered 'nerfed'
"Oh man, they reduced the dmg on the berserker class and now it's totally nerfed!"

"Damn, the Devs nerfed those axe's real good!"

GiantInMaine
07-14-2013, 08:46 AM
lol best title to a nim thread yet.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-14-2013, 08:48 AM
lol best title to a nim thread yet.

Agreed. xD

joseph021775
07-14-2013, 11:13 AM
its good you faced nim now he is nerfed actually so that sucks he used to be really crazy it took me the first time i played him before the nerf 3 hours but it was also because i was using a 9.6 delay shield if your facing him heres some pointers get a 3 sec or under delay shield preferably a respark 2 get a assault rifle 3 for the first round just roll away from him and just keep laying into him until hes dead round 2 its basically just hid behind one of the big pillars and just peek out every couple of seconds and shoot him and his stupid clones until he goes up top then just roll around to avoid the flying swords then just keep doing the hide and shoot tactic round three do the same as round 1 but try to stay behind the pillar in the middle of the room and when the ground does the crystal thing stay away from them you'll die and just after there gone roll and keep shooting the key thing is to just basically keep your distance because even though he's nerfd his sword still packs a good punch and so does his explosives and hes really easy to beat i just faced him like a month or more ago and it only took me like 4 minutes to beat him for all 3 rounds together.....my last time facing him was after he was nerfd... i hope this helps any other question feel free to hit me up my GT is FDG Skulls....

I'll add you and thanks. It seems I am mainly missing a much better shield and a couple of perks.

Defenze
07-14-2013, 03:38 PM
I was ego 630 when I killed him, it took me only one try. He's not really that hard.

Yeah same here. Pretty easy. Beat him first time. Used some spit wads and a rubber band gun. Toward the end I used harsh language. These other noobs must really be dumb to not beat him yet. Of course if they would listen to all us pro's they might have a chance. But ya gotta just keep moving. And be sure to let us know when ya beat him so we can get on here again and post how magnificent we were in beating him. Thanks.

CD3Tears
07-14-2013, 08:46 PM
weapon: smg with a large clip- power overcharge

trick: spray, roll , re lode , repeat

Midori Oku
07-14-2013, 09:38 PM
He's actually not as bad as people seem to think. He is more pow-shtako than he is "hard." I just recently decided to make a video of the fight. Hopefully this will help some people get an idea of how to possibly go about fighting him. Cloak on Blur are your best bet in terms of EGO powers to use. Although I think cloak is the cowards way out. lol

It's not the best video of the fight in the world, but a few of my friends who don't play wanted to see what he is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6nn7HEz8d4

360_Eelissa
07-14-2013, 10:15 PM
What was the third phase?

Steal Underpants?

duction
07-15-2013, 12:52 AM
I beat him a day or so after the game was released and he was really hard, his attack cycles lasted 3x longer and was alot more powerful, I beat this boss for my brother a few weeks back and it was inscanely easy and short... Nerfed the balls off him lol.

GiantInMaine
07-15-2013, 02:00 AM
I beat him a day or so after the game was released and he was really hard, his attack cycles lasted 3x longer and was alot more powerful, I beat this boss for my brother a few weeks back and it was inscanely easy and short... Nerfed the balls off him lol.

Yeah i remember the first time I fought him seemed to take 2 to 230 hours of course I wasn't set up right for him and had no real clue what I was doing but it was tough as hell. The second time around was nothing like the first I do think a lot was just knowing what to do and perks from the beginning but he definitely got nerfed hard.

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 08:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6nn7HEz8d4

Really nice grenade toss at the end of Nim-2 =P =).

Midori Oku
07-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Really nice grenade toss at the end of Nim-2 =P =).

The very last grenade I threw on part two was bad, are you talking about the one at 12:58 in the video?

I get trigger/grenade happy in a lot of shooters. I'm sure you could tell. Although I have to admit it makes it a little more epic in some places. lol

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
The very last grenade I threw on part two was bad, are you talking about the one at 12:58 in the video?

I get trigger/grenade happy in a lot of shooters. I'm sure you could tell. Although I have to admit it makes it a little more epic in some places. lol

Ha, yeah, I should have said *near the end =P. Basically took him down to almost nothing =P. XD.

I really personally find that rolling is not as useful for Nim especially in his multiple attacks, running around I think you cover more distance than rolling because at the end of that roll you pause which allows Nim to hit you. Still, a good run though I am still not 100% sold on the Wolfhound =P.

Though I probably should've used grenades more often. To be honest, in the battle, I basically forgot about my ego and my grenades. D=. Probably would've made the fight much easier =P.

Irulan
07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Nim fight even at first... stage 3 was a bit tough, but even then I set him up with a 5 shot detonator at spots and it hits him really hard if you set up the ambush well. Good luck.

Midori Oku
07-16-2013, 01:37 AM
Ha, yeah, I should have said *near the end =P. Basically took him down to almost nothing =P. XD.

I really personally find that rolling is not as useful for Nim especially in his multiple attacks, running around I think you cover more distance than rolling because at the end of that roll you pause which allows Nim to hit you. Still, a good run though I am still not 100% sold on the Wolfhound =P.

Though I probably should've used grenades more often. To be honest, in the battle, I basically forgot about my ego and my grenades. D=. Probably would've made the fight much easier =P.

I had a hard time deciding what weapons I wanted to use in the video. I did not want to use my SAW because I've seen too many videos with people using it against him. The things that really helped me out was my perk setup, and my Respark V. :3

defiant
07-17-2013, 10:32 AM
lol that video should not exist, it saddens me the internet is needed for passing Nim, Just roll. Turn. Shoot. repeat. Or aim for criticals if necessary, I remember using a heavy AR on nim because it was single shot high dmg, but one of his later stages he goes completely stationary and overcharges/levitates at which point I laughed at the game and detonated explosives on him until he was done.

joseph021775
07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Nim fight even at first... stage 3 was a bit tough, but even then I set him up with a 5 shot detonator at spots and it hits him really hard if you set up the ambush well. Good luck.

It seems I just needed a couple of perks and a better shield. Used a detonator with sticky bombs that dropped extra charges and for the most part fired wildly around and used cloak for more focused attacks.

Midori Oku
07-18-2013, 09:58 PM
lol that video should not exist.

By all means, please elaborate......

CyrusKhane
07-19-2013, 12:54 AM
I really don't get the "Nim is too hard" topics. I beat him first try with no downs. And I'm not posting this to be an elitist ******bag.

This worked for me, back when the game first came out and Nim was God-like.

Setup

Wolfhound/TACC AR
Ground Pounder
Respark with low recharge delay (I think mine was around 4secs)
Whatever grenade you'd like, I used a Fragblast
Overcharge

Stage one: Shoot. Roll when he charges. Simple.
Stage Two: Fire the ground pounder where he spawns his clones, before they show up. Detonate. When they go up top, dodge the flying swords. Remember, halfway through, he starts spawning on the other side. Don't get taken by surprise.
Stage Three: Careful, Overcharge, Blur and Cloak, all being used by one dude. Take cover when he does his whirlybird o' death attack, and shoot him while he's running around. Jump when he does his ground pound attack. Rinse and repeat.

joseph021775
07-19-2013, 01:30 AM
This wasn't a Nim is too hard post, more just looking for a what I was doing wrong (turns out a lot lol). And I thank everybody that gave advice. Nim is a butthead not due to difficulty, mainly he was just annoying with all that accept this fate jibber jabber.

Junky
07-19-2013, 11:32 AM
when game 1st came out i took nim on with a lvl 300 vot grinder shotgun took over 2 hours. found if u just keep going u will see the patterns of his fighting style and when to hide from his umber attacks. yet i can not say how nim is now he's has been patched, but will tip use blur and health regen perk (can save u from death on regen clik.) :)

Space Cowboy
07-19-2013, 11:51 AM
It's all about technique. You can beat him with ego 100 and a magnum. it may take awhile but yea.

Stay close to the center tank and play ring around the rosey with him. Keep the tank between you and him when he starts to go into the air to shoot spikes. When he terra forms the ground, shoot all the terra mounds near you to keep them from blowing up. This is also a good time to restock ammo while he's powering up in the center tank. just keep repeating and you'll kill him eventually.

GPBradley33
07-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I Beat him, took a long time. don't remember how don't really care. He is the sole reason I will not play the campaign again. Almost as bad as Shao Khan in the last mortal combat Nuff Said

KTCAOP
07-19-2013, 04:30 PM
So I guess I have to ask for those that fought him pre-nerf, what really changed? All I'm really hearing is that it took a lot longer, so was it just his health that was nerfed? Or was there something out there that actually made him significantly more difficult?