PDA

View Full Version : Mecha in Defiance

magenti
03-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Just watched syfy trailer for the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fNL73bIvzc
and noticed mecha there... Bring mecha into the game!!!!

D351
03-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Just watched syfy trailer for the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fNL73bIvzc

Since we now have over 120 codes, I feel comfortable saying this... soon...

I don't actually know that.

Tyryt
03-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Mecha already are in the game. Dark Matter Bulworks (bulwerks?) for one, though if you didn't do the bunker instance you wouldn't have seen them.
They aren't player-pilotable yet, but hey... expansions. And you never know, you may have one for a mission.

Smitch
03-27-2013, 12:00 PM

They are probably the Volge, an AI race created by the Votan.

http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Volge

Pizzarugi
03-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Having a mecha vehicle would be awesome. Imagine this: At the cost of speed, you can deploy a slow-moving combat mecha instead. And, I guess for balance purposes, make the mecha have a slow cooldown time.

Ape One
03-27-2013, 01:19 PM
I think they would make better siege weapons in a battleground

Xiiego94
03-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Having a mecha vehicle would be awesome. Imagine this: At the cost of speed, you can deploy a slow-moving combat mecha instead. And, I guess for balance purposes, make the mecha have a slow cooldown time.maybe have mechs in PvP too? Just to add...

Duckforceone
03-27-2013, 01:27 PM
imagine doing an arkfall with most people in mechas.... bigger bugs, bigger mechs... :D

Cavadus
03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
I think some forms of mechs and/or powered armor ala Fallout are pretty much a given at this point. Can't wait :)

Pizzarugi
03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
maybe have mechs in PvP too? Just to add...

They might be OP in PvP, but developers could add weakspots on mechs to enable easier killing.

Warlander
03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!! It killed planestide 1, but anyways thankfully it doesnt fit the mad max style future of the game, some of the old AI junk bot ones are one thing but no player driveable ones, if you want that go play mech warrior.

ChaosOneX
03-27-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree with war, it sorta fits in the same category as melee weapons. If you do it for the 'cool factor' its generally a bad idea.

Pizzarugi
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!! It killed planestide 1, but anyways thankfully it doesnt fit the mad max style future of the game, some of the old AI junk bot ones are one thing but no player driveable ones, if you want that go play mech warrior.

I'd be content with robotic minions too, put them in vehicle slots so you can deploy them for combat.

I'm a minion kinda guy, I'd kill to have robotic companions to help fight with me. If not, piloted mechs are still neat.

D351
03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd be content with robotic minions too, put them in vehicle slots so you can deploy them for combat.

I'm a minion kinda guy, I'd kill to have robotic companions to help fight with me. If not, piloted mechs are still neat.

Hmm... this just gave me an idea for a way-too-powerful perk for the decoy power...

Snaloe
03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
lol if I wanted Mechs I would go and play Mechwarrior Online :p

ChaosOneX
03-27-2013, 05:19 PM
lol if I wanted Mechs I would go and play Mechwarrior Online :p
Or HAWKEN...

Harsk
03-27-2013, 05:22 PM

Even worse... I really hope to hell there are not going to be freaking pets of any kind in this game.

JagerMyk
03-27-2013, 05:22 PM
They might be OP in PvP, but developers could add weakspots on mechs to enable easier killing.

or when against un mechs they have a chance to pull you out, an hyjack it? ;)

Pizzarugi
03-27-2013, 05:49 PM
or when against un mechs they have a chance to pull you out, an hyjack it? ;)

A similar idea, taken from Blacklight: Retribution: Use a flamethrower to 'cook' the pilot in the mech and after they die, you can take control of it.