PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: clan bank/ account bank

Dan3000au
03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Will there be an account or clan bank as i had alot of problems with bag slots coz of how many weapon mods there are. and i get a great mod on another character i couldnt get it over to the other character that needed it.

So i hope for clan banks account bank.

TGxPriest
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Any form of bank is wanted, Clan and personal.

You got my support!

tune
03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Can't say for sure but I assume there will be. Would be stupid not to tbh.

Dan3000au
03-27-2013, 11:40 AM
ya it would be but i didnt see any in beta i had done every thing in it in the 2 days i got to play i cleared it all lol :3 never saw any thing about banks.

Storm King
03-27-2013, 11:44 AM
They said there is no Bank of any sort at the moment. Doesn't mean they can't add it latter on though.

Dan3000au
03-28-2013, 02:42 AM
i hope they do add them

Spaisekraft
03-28-2013, 02:46 AM
They really need some kind of vault access for personal and clan use. And they need a mail system.

Pasha
03-28-2013, 02:46 AM
Interesting part is bank stimulate hoarding habits and I bet Trion could sell much more inventory upgrades for banks than for characters: you have to keep character's inventory half-empty for drops in instances and arkfalls while bank can (and will) be loaded fully.

Source: Rift and many other games.

KaosPenguin
03-28-2013, 03:21 AM
Hoard ALL the things!

Escyos
03-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Your not in New York or even Defiance, the Bay Area is a bunch of farmers and miners. It's not a town so much as a territory so banks aren't necessary.

Harsk
03-28-2013, 04:41 AM
World has pretty much ended. Civilization is in ruins. Banks and mail Still working!

Come on guys, really?

Daddums
03-28-2013, 06:31 AM
World has pretty much ended. Civilization is in ruins. Banks and mail Still working!

Come on guys, really?

You can resurrect in a world filled with aliens that pretty much look like us.
You can turn invisible and leap across water.
Multiple bullet wounds don't stop you and you heal over time.

Suggesting that reality has any play in the game is a pretty weak argument for downplaying a good idea.

Banks and mail are integral parts of any serious game of this scale and design.

Clearly, Trion plans to make us buy these much needed elements in the future. I'm not crazy about being forced to buy something that should be included to start with, but I at least hope they don't dawdle about it.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Your not in New York or even Defiance, the Bay Area is a bunch of farmers and miners. It's not a town so much as a territory so banks aren't necessary.

*snort* Someone doesn't know anything about farmers or miners.

Solyad
03-28-2013, 06:41 AM
I forget which game used it, but I played a game where storage was associated with the "mounts" we used. It would seem logical to implement some sort of storage bins or saddlebags on the ATVs and trunk space in vehicles that players need to have for this game. Physical banks may not fit into the "lore", but onboard storage would seem to be consistent with the vehicles we will all be using.

Chuck Zitto
03-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Its been said in other threads. By leveling up your character you will get like 40+ total inventory slots. Seriously this game is just not like your standard mmorpg you do no need to keep things you don't need. Sell them or give them to a friend and move on. I never had a problem in the beta I kept 2 loadouts or 4 guns and sold everything that wasn't better than what I had. As for mods put the ones you want on your gun and sell the rest.

Solyad
03-28-2013, 07:20 AM
People will want to store stuff. Collecting is what some people like to do in these games so I assume they have some sort of plan in place to let the collectors collect even if they have to use script or bits to purchase it.

SirJoe
03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
I forget which game used it, but I played a game where storage was associated with the "mounts" we used. It would seem logical to implement some sort of storage bins or saddlebags on the ATVs and trunk space in vehicles that players need to have for this game. Physical banks may not fit into the "lore", but onboard storage would seem to be consistent with the vehicles we will all be using.

Fallen earth, it was fallen earth.

Dan3000au
03-28-2013, 09:53 PM
i was thinking more of clan banks and account banks here..... clan banks to share the mods and weapons for others in your clan without having to go trade them and account slots coz getting a random guy to trade my awesome mod to another one of my characters is ify at best can you trust him or her? who knows are you willing if you have no friends playing the game with you to ask some one to hold onto a mod for you?