PDA

View Full Version : Great Game but...

Sunspots_Rox
07-14-2013, 02:46 PM
I enjoy a lot more about this game than I thought I would, not that I'm picky, but anyone who has gamed for a few years should be a little wary on any new title. That being said, the real game killer of this game is going to be the lack of any real chat system. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but so much of MMORPG's is the social aspect of playing with other players, and when you don't see people talking...ever...it makes you feel like you are playing a single player game.

Maybe this is just the nature of console friendly MMORPGS, but in the PC market you have to stress community building, and the first place that starts is the chat. Anyways, I'll stick around past the free weekend ;)

Tyger
07-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Yep.. The social aspect is the largest qualm of most if not every player here. 90% of the Hatorade would dissolve overnight if they'd just take the pc side of this game and drop the console interface - social - wise.

Edit: By drop I mean sh!tcan the current iteration and implement a typical MMO chat interface along with the usual suspects, options wise.

Arker
07-15-2013, 10:33 AM
They probably don't have enough money for a PC-exclusive development side.
Besides, they already invested tons of money into this, and it hasn't paid back by far. So their only way of getting money is promising Eden and giving you Hell.

Selling DLC all teh time.. There will be 0% new & free content, that's for sure.

Blondin
07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Besides, they already invested tons of money into this, and it hasn't paid back by far. So their only way of getting money is promising Eden and giving you Hell.

Selling DLC all teh time.. There will be 0% new & free content, that's for sure.
Do you have the numbers or a link that show that they haven't made benefit or is it only assumption?

Just on a note, Defiance is not a MMORPG but a MMOTPS, you won't find your typical RPG system in Defiance, it's more a shooter.

Anyway, the big problem is that the chat box sucks, and now ppl don't talk each others, you need to be in a clan if you want some social interaction :)

Tyger
07-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Shhhhh!!! Blondin how dare you... Those are qualified Arm-chair Dev #'s. You know better than to question them.:p

Malkosha
07-15-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm enjoying the game myself but to me its a constant run and gun thing. I'm not sure I'm good enough to play and chat at any kind of leisurely pace.

Demondred
07-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Being devoid of viable chat tools for coordination or information gathering can be a downside, but consider the plus side of being devoid of the trolls these systems generally spawn. Ignore lists are not of infinite size...

The game is similar to Diablo with its mob grinding and random loot generation. Imagine if those types of gamers had their own chat channels to spam. The plus side is trade chat. The down side is everything ELSE.

dbcameron
07-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I really don't miss all the Chuck Norris jokes. I do wish the window was better designed, but not having a global chat channel is not a game killer for me.

Though I have noticed a general up-tic in conversations, maybe the steam sale did bring in more players who are willing to wade through the bad design, or people are just generally getting tired of being quiet.

mulcherman
07-16-2013, 06:42 AM

They need to come out with one of the DLC'S that I paid for Im running out of things to do