PDA

View Full Version : chat/loadout keybind for pc

ianb4all
07-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Do people use chat or do they join a clan and do people use the chat in clans?
Does anyone know if there will be a pc key-bind for quick swap on load-outs - will help when levelling weapons.

DarknessEyes PT
07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
We only need a keybind to salvage stuff =P

squidgod2000
07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Do people use chat or do they join a clan and do people use the chat in clans?
Does anyone know if there will be a pc key-bind for quick swap on load-outs - will help when levelling weapons.

If you mean voice chat, it sucks hard and nobody really uses it. Most clans have Vent/Mumble/TS servers.

No, there will not be a quick-swap button for loadouts. If Trion wanted you to have every weapon type available at a whim, they'd never have restricted it in the first place. Personally I don't think you should be able to swap loadouts in combat to begin with.

Ashlocke
07-15-2013, 01:07 PM
For anyone interested and that has a G15 keyboard (or some other hotkey enabling program).
I set up a macro on my G15 keyboard that initiates a quick series of keystrokes when I press a single G-key.
So when I hit G1-G5 it switches to that load out.

It's not super instantaneous as I had to give it half a second of extra time to handle the UI window loadings, but until they actually add a real load out change feature this works fairly well for me.

squidgod2000
07-15-2013, 01:21 PM
For anyone interested and that has a G15 keyboard (or some other hotkey enabling program).
I set up a macro on my G15 keyboard that initiates a quick series of keystrokes when I press a single G-key.

It's not super instantaneous as I had to give it half a second of extra time to handle the UI window loadings, but until they actually add a real load out change feature this works fairly well for me.

Technically an exploit.

xoxid
07-15-2013, 01:24 PM

That's the kind of stuff 50% of the players do.. and they just shut up about it.
And no I don't do it.

Ashlocke
07-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Technically an exploit.

I mean this in the most non offensive way possible, I don't care.

I posted a suggestion to make the game play for folks who are interested less obnoxious, had I posted a secret to actually exploiting the game in a harmful manner then I would be in 100% agreement with your statement.

If Trion wants to ban me for making my leisure time and those of others more enjoyable, then so be it.

This executes the exact same series of keys that I can do manually just as quickly, it just makes it less annoying. In fact in order to make the macro I had to manually perform the keystrokes.

But, be that as it may, I don't want to nor am I going to get into a discussion of what constitutes an exploit, suffice it to say, here is my post detailing how I play and if you feel it is wrong please direct the Trion Moderators to this post so they can take appropriate actions against me.

dbcameron
07-15-2013, 01:38 PM
That's actually kind of clever.

I certainly would not call it an exploit, it's not harmful in anyway and it requires loading the same menus the rest of us have to go through. Kudos to using computer equipment for what it was designed to do.

Too bad I have no idea how to use macros, or care enough to learn.

squidgod2000
07-15-2013, 03:46 PM
I mean this in the most non offensive way possible, I don't care.

Oh, I know. What I mean by "technically" is that while it's an exploit, nobody really cares or will ever gonna get banned for it.

DarknessEyes PT
07-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Technically an exploit.
3rd party hardware not in TOS.