PDA

View Full Version : I'm here, final check

Schnibbly
07-14-2013, 11:08 PM
So, I bought Defiance day of launch, loved it, after reaching my in game goals, I grew very bored. I joined the forums where I seen loads of "hating", I defended Defiance for awhile, then eventually I started to dislike the game greatly when my emergency keycodes were removed. I would make it my business to shut down these "Defenders of Defiance (Forum topic)". I then up and left, here I am months later.

Is it more fun now, then 2-3 weeks after launch is my question.

Thank you,

Samyaza
07-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Yea, you came back too early... That is if your "enjoyment" comes from following the set course of the story once...
Dlc (payed $9.99) will be out between July 30th and August 31st (depending)
The dlc will add in, Story missions, survival battle arenas, and open world duels....

Sadly when you complete what you paid 10$ for you will once again be bored... grow to hate defiance... and want to brutally murder all supporters of the game (not going to happen, but yea)

Then months roll along another dlc will be made, and you will come back repeating the cycle of love and hate...

Oh, and on the subject of "defenders" of defiance... you don't seem to realize that there is not that many...

Mind you this game is like all others... once you beat the main story line you'd rather wipe your *** with it then play... but for the forum.... general discussion... and pc general... it has at most in the top pages (people are lazy.. thus up to 5 page up is all they can stand) there has only been 1 or 2 advent defenders.... the rest are mostly haters...

People who whine about bugs.... people who are begging for nerfs or people who are begging for buffs... people boasting about their general accomplishment or their stuck at a hard boss, and want their moms.

Also there's the naturals, the guide givers, the clan makers, and the blooded tradesmen

So to your statement I say nay!!! and further more....... just come back in 4 weeks XD charge blades possibly...
Here's hoping for some decapitation graphics.... ooo the rolling heads!!!!

Notturno
07-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Just last Friday, Trion mentioned that they would be announcing the release date for the first DLC, "in the coming weeks." That could be next week, or two weeks from now. Considering the first DLC was supposed to be out before the end of July, it now sounds like it will be August. This waiting is getting ridiculous, to be quite honest. The complete and utter lack of transparency is irritating as a customer.

We went from having Nathan Richardsson's awesome developer blogs quite regularly, to next to nothing in terms of communication. Not sure what happened there, maybe he was let go?

Other than the lack of DLC, there hasn't been much content-wise. There were the episode missions, most of which were boring fetch quests or kill ten rats. The only memorable addition being the Plague Sieges, but those were quickly removed to coincide with the "direction of the show." Best content addition to the game since release, but somehow we find a way to remove it. Brilliantly short-sighted.

I would recommend checking in later next month, where you'll either see an update that puts this game on the right track, or the update that makes everyone leave due to its lack of content. This first DLC is really going to make or break this game, in my humble opinion. There's just too much general dissatisfaction and apathy directed towards this game for Trion to have another poor showing.

Wtflag
07-15-2013, 01:19 AM
If emergency keycodes was your primary sore point, you will be pleased to know that minor Arkfalls now respawn very often and provides 3 keycodes. So the key earning rate is, while not quite as high as before, at least close to 75% of the old levels.

But content wise, there isn't much new stuff.

Lollie
07-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Gameplay is still fun, and gotta love driving around like a lunatic. Just do Arkfalls. Game needs more actual content however.

Indra Echo
07-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Boredom is something that cannot be cured. MMOs and all games have set parts meant to entertain you. Beyond that there is a great portion (call it what you will-grinding, farming, whatever) of repetition AND where you will have to entertain yourself. It isn't just about goals or pursuits. Those are things you can race to get, but it's also about just having fun with what you are doing in any game. Trying out different things. I find it hard to believe that someone who finished all pursuits early on has also used every single type of weapon in the game (with all the different nanos and synergies). That's part of the fun. Switching up builds and trying new things.

I'm so glad I was part of another gaming community for a different game where people understood this. They taught me a lot. They made their own fun after they'd finished the game. I'm really rather sorry for the few here that expect a constant flood of new material to keep them interested. No new material will ever be enough. I love the fact that there are new things to do come into this game. Volge Death Marches are fun. But so too are the solo things I do-and coming upon a friend or a clan mate or some random player out in a field by accident-someone needing help. I guess I'm easily entertained but I so consider myself lucky that I don't need to be spoon fed my entertainment.

Raver Wolfe
07-15-2013, 07:15 AM
I'll defend this game until it makes me mad. Which hasn't really happened yet. The only other issue I had besides a misunderstanding on my part they resolved very quickly. = )

Fiancee
07-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Same ****...

I wait for DLC, Im sure Trion World eventually get there and this is gonna be great game. I dont know any game with this kind of concept at least so worth to see and wait what happens.

Indra Echo
07-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Same ****...

I wait for DLC, Im sure Trion World eventually get there and this is gonna be great game. I dont know any game with this kind of concept at least so worth to see and wait what happens.

That's where I'm at. People will shout how Skyrim or Black Ops 2 are the bestest most specialest games ever and yet if they were held to the standards people are demanding of Defiance, they'd have been dumped. And yet good as they might be (Skyrim is but BO2, well no just no), those games were/are extremely buggy.

Skyrim has missions you can't finish, freezes consoles (something really unique to Bethesda games, ha ha), almost completely left out PS3 players for DLC (until Sony got together to help Bethesda), and is as buggy as all get out. Black Ops 2 is virtually unplayable most of the time, with server issues, game freezes, dropped matches, and yes, player crap. But oh, they're just great. I like Defiance, I'm excited for the DLC, am playing the game because it's still fun, and if it wasn't I'd play something else or DO something else in the interim.

Korben Reynolds
07-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Oh, and on the subject of "defenders" of defiance... you don't seem to realize that there is not that many...

I tried to defend Defiance for a while, but typically my posts were ignored so the haters could keep feeding off of each other. I was never even called a fanboy or accused of working for Trion, so I'm not sure if that's a success or failure on my part. Now I just dig through the forums trying to find topics that look good, everything else is just background noise. I imagine there are a lot more people like me out there that are just playing the game instead of trying to change things here.

More to the point of the thread...most of the changes to the game recently have just been tweaks to this system or that. When you look at the big picture though, it's easy to see that they are working towards a larger goal. I can only assume that it will pay off when the DLC drops, which is coming "very soon" according to the Dev on last Friday's livestream, but take that as you will.

There are also some Dev posts out there about changes/additions coming to arkfalls, weapons, and weapon scopes:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99114-Arkfall-Spawn-Rates

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?105051-Upcoming-Balance-Changes

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98927-Upcoming-Sight-Mods-Changes

3rdpig
07-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I stopped worry about keycodes weeks ago since I've never gotten one thing of value out of lockboxes, and I only buy T4. I know some of you have different luck, but not me. I've probably got 10 orange weapons total since launch and not a single on of them is something I'd use regularly. I've never even seen an orange grenade or shield. So why worry?

I defend Defiance to the point where I say "It's working well enough for me to play, and my friends and I are having fun playing it". What's wrong with that? I don't refuse to admit bugs exist, or that there's a lack of content. But you detractors steadfastly call anyone who says the game works ok and is fun a "fanboy" and suggest that they've got their nose up Trion's rear end.

Raver Wolfe
07-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I defend Defiance to the point where I say "It's working well enough for me to play, and my friends and I are having fun playing it". What's wrong with that? I don't refuse to admit bugs exist, or that there's a lack of content. But you detractors steadfastly call anyone who says the game works ok and is fun a "fanboy" and suggest that they've got their nose up Trion's rear end.

Thank you for this. I'm the exact same way. ^^

Loom
07-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Nice to finally see some people with some sense on this forum... Defiance IS fun, and if YOU don't think it is, GO play something else, and STAY OFF our forums.... you are not a unique snowflake and just because you have an opinion does not mean that everyone else has to share it or want to hear it.

Flank
07-15-2013, 10:49 AM
I love the fact that there are new things to do come into this game. Volge Death Marches are fun. But so too are the solo things I do-and coming upon a friend or a clan mate or some random player out in a field by accident-someone needing help. I guess I'm easily entertained but I so consider myself lucky that I don't need to be spoon fed my entertainment.

Love cruising around in search of lone hunters doing quests
or what have you, and just tagging along.. always nice to
help others in a tough spot ( or not).. besides it's lonely
dancing by one's self after clearing a Volge Ambush solo.

Atticus Batman
07-15-2013, 01:27 PM
I tried to defend Defiance for a while, but typically my posts were ignored so the haters could keep feeding off of each other. I was never even called a fanboy or accused of working for Trion, so I'm not sure if that's a success or failure on my part. Now I just dig through the forums trying to find topics that look good, everything else is just background noise. I imagine there are a lot more people like me out there that are just playing the game instead of trying to change things here.

More to the point of the thread...most of the changes to the game recently have just been tweaks to this system or that. When you look at the big picture though, it's easy to see that they are working towards a larger goal. I can only assume that it will pay off when the DLC drops, which is coming "very soon" according to the Dev on last Friday's livestream, but take that as you will.

There are also some Dev posts out there about changes/additions coming to arkfalls, weapons, and weapon scopes:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99114-Arkfall-Spawn-Rates

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?105051-Upcoming-Balance-Changes

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98927-Upcoming-Sight-Mods-Changes

I stopped worry about keycodes weeks ago since I've never gotten one thing of value out of lockboxes, and I only buy T4. I know some of you have different luck, but not me. I've probably got 10 orange weapons total since launch and not a single on of them is something I'd use regularly. I've never even seen an orange grenade or shield. So why worry?

I think alot of us tend to agree with both of these quotes, but then I tend to relate to alot of stuff both of these guys say. So, who knows?

Fancypants
07-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you for this. I'm the exact same way. ^^

I'll defend this game until it makes me mad.
Wishy-washy much?

It looks like you're exactly like the OP (and other people); he defended the game until it made him mad too, which was the point.

Stop pretending you're a follower of what Pig just said, which isn't 'he'd defend the game until he got mad' too.

Samyaza
07-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Don't get me wrong... even in my boredom of defiance I still manage to play it often enough... Noted that if I HATED defiance... I obviously have a choice... not to... play it
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w542/Shemyazai/b8b73fea-fdb0-4072-a7b9-d13d545332d5_zps263617e7.jpg

http://raptr.com/Samyaza/about