PDA

View Full Version : So whats the difference?

Taner
07-15-2013, 04:24 AM
So Whats the difference?

I'm an Irathrien Outlaw, cuz it sounded cool,

but as far as i know, there is no difference between any of the 2 races, or 4 classess, The EGO is the same, the choicess u make the same, or is that me being ******ed? During the beta, i played 2 different classess, but as far as i remember, there was no difference in them. am i missing something?

Lollie
07-15-2013, 04:28 AM
So Whats the difference?

but as far as i know, there is no difference between any of the 2 races, or 4 classess, The EGO is the same, the choicess u make the same, or is that me being ******ed? During the beta, i played 2 different classess, but as far as i remember, there was no difference in them. am i missing something?

Because this is a shooter they want people to be more on a level playing field. So no racial bonuses etc. Race is just a superficial choice. So is class (just gives a different starter outfit).

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Do all classes start you off with the same weapons? I thought that would've been the main difference, but there is no difference between the races.

Indra Echo
07-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Do all classes start you off with the same weapons? I thought that would've been the main difference, but there is no difference between the races.

No they don't. You also do start off with different outfits that I believe are unique to the type (machinist, outlaw, veteran, survivalist). Veterans start off with assault rifles, machinists with SAWs, Survivalist with the Survivalist's Rifle (I think a bolt sniper), Outlaw with a Scattergun.

Also, based upon gender and race, the outfits you get or buy in the game can look different on different characters. The Irathiant male will get a top hat for a certain outfit, but other characters will not. Some outfits on females have shorts instead of pants.

Taner
07-18-2013, 02:43 AM
I knew it,

I dont like that XD, YEs u can go 4 different EGO ways but still, it would be more of a challenge, to have Outlaws be better with say smaller weapons, and machinists are better with heavy weapons, a Veteran with combat rifles, etc, so that people have to specialize in their play style

hummm

Daholic
07-18-2013, 03:48 AM
So Whats the difference?

your not missing anything. You hit it on the head, they are all the same, they all can use the same weapon, the same ego tree. As far as the outfits, well, I don't bother with them since its just cosmetic, and most kids think its cool to have a facemask with a skull on it, just to turn around and see 100 others with that same head piece.

Just remember, when someone says "Defiance offers a level playing field and make you use your skills", don't fall for that bull****, If you have alittle common sence and have played these type of games for the past 10yrs, then you could run through this whole game using no perks and unmodded weapons. Trust me, people are doing it.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Because this is a shooter they want people to be more on a level playing field. So no racial bonuses etc. Race is just a superficial choice. So is class (just gives a different starter outfit).

And different weapons. Can't forget those awesome starter weapons. :)

If you have alittle common sence and have played these type of games for the past 10yrs, then you could run through this whole game using no perks and unmodded weapons. Trust me, people are doing it.

Honestly thats the only way to get any sort of challenge out of the game. Even the Volge are laughably easy. =\