PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else use quads of their own free will?

Alexri
07-15-2013, 07:29 AM
While doing the initial level-and-learn phase I upgraded vehicles as I got them, eventually landing on the Dodge because it's the fastest. Then, at one point, I got so annoyed at the noise that thing makes that I went back to a dune buggy just to save my ears. Then I switched to quads to finish leveling those, and I haven't been able to switch back since.

Yes, quads are slower (boost-wise the 800R is actually very good), but I find them so much more pleasurable to use. It feels like I'm in more control with a quad, being able to easily use the environment to jump over fences, climb hills, etc with much greater ease than with a car. It's much more maneuverable, has no problems getting past where other vehicles get stuck, etc. It just feels more like a traditional animal mount from other MMOs than the rollers in the game, which I think is a good thing.

So, anyone else move back to quads after testing the waters with the rollers?

Orbital
07-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Sometimes, but I do like being able to run over a few more enemies and not blowing up with a duni.

SpiritumLiberum
07-15-2013, 07:34 AM
While doing the initial level-and-learn phase I upgraded vehicles as I got them, eventually landing on the Dodge because it's the fastest. Then, at one point, I got so annoyed at the noise that thing makes that I went back to a dune buggy just to save my ears. Then I switched to quads to finish leveling those, and I haven't been able to switch back since.

Yes, quads are slower (boost-wise the 800R is actually very good), but I find them so much more pleasurable to use. It feels like I'm in more control with a quad, being able to easily use the environment to jump over fences, climb hills, etc with much greater ease than with a car. It's much more maneuverable, has no problems getting past where other vehicles get stuck, etc. It just feels more like a traditional animal mount from other MMOs than the rollers in the game, which I think is a good thing.

So, anyone else move back to quads after testing the waters with the rollers?

Yeah! The rollers are so clumpy and noisy as you said, but i do prefer the quads, you can turn in mid air, feels lighter and its better for off road if you ask me.

Numina
07-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Haha yep, I hate all the rollers. Did drive a Duni for awhile, but now I stick to my pink quad.

Kibblehouse
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I prefer the quads, I crash into trees less with them, and they are more fun for me. I will be switching back once I finish leveling Rollers.

Linamaria
07-15-2013, 07:48 AM
I use quads quite often, sometimes I use the Duni too. :D

I just can't use the Dodge due that horrendous engine noise. :mad:

AmnesiaHaze
07-15-2013, 07:54 AM
quads are agile and have better handling , more fun to drive , if there will be a hellblazer paintjob on a quad ill switch :D

Caswallawn
07-15-2013, 08:15 AM
quads are the best as they seem to go round/over more than the other vehicles as well as having better handling, the disappointment is since they nerfed vehicle strength the quads blow up way too easy and all because a few numpties wouldn't get out of their cars at arkfalls.

Donnyrides
07-15-2013, 08:20 AM
I use quads 99% of the time ever since I maxed out Roller skills. Quads are way more fun. I like that I can make corrections to my path in the air so when I land I am aimed in the direction i want to go.

I also like doing 360s and stuff. I wish you could pull off a wheelie by going in reverse then kicking into gear with turbo. Oh well, the game wasn't meant to be about the vehicles anyway.

The rollers are very clunky IMO.

Quads > Rollers

Havix
07-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Only using the quad to get em to level 20..the woodland camo truck is much better though

Shogo_Yahagi
07-15-2013, 08:22 AM
The Dodges were a huge disappointment to me. They sound horrible and the handling is terrible; it doesn't feel like a car at all. They're like a brick rotating around an axis through its middle. The Dunis are so much better that I've never looked back.

I do like quads though. They're much easier for going cross country because every little bush or rock will stop a roller cold. Those big spongy looking leafy things must be made out of adamantium or something and spray painted to look like plants. It seems like a lot of trouble, but I guess the 99ers must have a lot of spare time on their hands. At least we know what they're mining now.

The arkfalls also seem to have systematically targeted anyone with knowledge of transmissions, because there's not a vehicle in the game that can take a modest slope at a reasonable speed without boosting.

KashiDoll
07-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Definitely! I love my hot pink hannibal. :o

jazz
07-15-2013, 08:33 AM
I agree with others that the dodges for many reasons handle terribly, if I am using a roller it is a duni and all the dodges I have never get used

since I have both runners/rollers maxed I use a mix of dunis and runners on my loadouts for some variety when driving around

Flank
07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
For me, I find keeping a quad in a loadout as useful as
having a certain shield or gun in a loadout. Keeping the
right tool handy for the right job. If I am in a specific area
and plan on working that area for a while I will use my quad.
If I am traveling from one side of the map to the other, then I use
my roller. Even though I like the speed of the rollers for going
after AF's... nothing is better then making your enterance
to a AF by stylishly 720ing of a jump and throwing your
quad into the crystal...

CyrusKhane
07-15-2013, 09:00 AM
The Hannibal, yes. The Growler? Dear God, no.

Ark Hunter JoeyG
07-15-2013, 10:23 AM
can go up most any hill, and turns on a dime... best roller is the game IMO...

dbcameron
07-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I like pretty much every vehicle in the game. They handle for **** but they each do something different. When I'm in the mood to run people down I grab the truck and go bowling. When I'm running arkfalls I grab my charger and bolt for it. The Duni and the Hannibal both handle well so when I'm just exploring I grab one of those two, Duni for long distance Hannibal for short, and go to town.

After maxing out both skills I've mastered the handling issues, wouldn't be much of a racing game fan if I didn't, and for the noise they're all bad but most of the time I have my music to drown it out.

Atticus Batman
07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
I think I use quads on one loadout, but most have either a duni or challenger equipped because I atually play with friends so a 2 man vehicle is better for me and when the Raptor eventually comes out, it will be my main vehicle since all four os us can ride in it.

Finish the Fight
07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
I prefer quads also. If I want to kill mobs....well thats what my gun(s) are for.

Ashlocke
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't have any particular preference for any vehicle, but, if I only used one vehicle type then I would begin to burn out from using that type. So, I have each load out equipped with a different vehicle type to keep things fresh and less monotonous.