PDA

View Full Version : Buying weapons

mangymutt
03-27-2013, 01:53 PM
My only concern about this game is the ability to buy weapons with bits. With a game that is equal parts pve and pvp I really hope that these weapons aren't going to be so strong that the people who choose not to buy weapons and earn what gear they have will be at a disadvantage. Don't get me wrong I'm all for being able to buy cosmetic armors and boosts to xp/loot/scrip, I just don't like it when people can have an advantage because they can buy the highest quality loot right from the start. Guess we will have to see what the store offers at launch.

SYN BLACK XS
03-27-2013, 01:59 PM
From what I've heard, the weapons themselves arent all that special. It really comes down to your EGO rating, skill level in that type of firearm, the level of the firearm and any mods you add to it. Just what I heard tho

Arsenic_Touch
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Weapons from lock boxes will be completely random and based on your current ego level.
(weapon stats in beta do not reflect weapon stats in the real game)
These same lock boxes can be bought in game, so there's no real advantage to them.
You can get lot of crap and eventually get something good, just like anyone who purchased the lockboxes for scrit/ark resources and keycodes.

So there is no pay to win here.

Zraxus
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
the weapons i recieved from boxes in the beta were basically the same quality and randomness that could be found by playing. to me they were just extra chances that you didnt have to kill any thing for. im sure the drop rates were better than mobs, but if so not by much.

i spent about 3000 out of the 4000 bits i got for free in the beta to test it out. i got 1 orange out of all of those boxes and only 4 purples. the rest were white , green and blue. they didnt have ne more bonus' or mod slots than looted items.

BleakPanther
03-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Also its been stated that any weapons sold in the bit shop will not be "more powerful than what can be obtained in game. All the most powerful weapons will not be available from the bit shop. We don't know what makes them powerful or even what type of weapons they are but that was said in relation to this question previously.

mangymutt
03-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for replying so fast about buying weapons, I'm glad to hear the gear from in game and bit store won't be too far apart and it's more player/mod based. And for those who commented about lockbox that's not what I was referring too, but thanks anyways.

Opus
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks for replying so fast about buying weapons, I'm glad to hear the gear from in game and bit store won't be too far apart and it's more player/mod based. And for those who commented about lockbox that's not what I was referring too, but thanks anyways.

As of right now, lockboxes are the only way to 'buy' weapons with RL money. Which is probably what everyone was referring to.

But even if they decided to add weapons you can buy, I can't imagine it would be anything other than vanity/skinned weapons you could find in-game. Since horizontal progression is what this game is going for, it would be silly and a complete game-breaker for a LOT of people if they introduced OP weapons in the cash shop.

Arsenic_Touch
03-27-2013, 05:33 PM

Lockboxes are the only "gear" you can buy with bits and it's purely randomized based on your ego level, so what else were you talking about? The only other items available for bits are minor temp stat boosts for group solo and clan play, alternative outfits and vehicles.

BleakPanther
03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Lockboxes are the only "gear" you can buy with bits and it's purely randomized based on your ego level, so what else were you talking about? The only other items available for bits are minor temp stat boosts for group solo and clan play, alternative outfits and vehicles.

There is a weapon tab in the bit shop. Sledge has made a statement regarding it and it has currently appeased the masses.

EDIT: It was empty through the Xbox beta.

Vuule
03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
There is a weapon tab in the bit shop. Sledge has made a statement regarding it and it has currently appeased the masses.

EDIT: It was empty through the Xbox beta.

Empty on all platforms. But yes, you can buy weapons, you don't have to get lockboxes for it.

Any gear you buy with real money, can be found in game. Or, similar gear at least. Don't worry about it.

Smitch
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM
It has been stated time and time again that this game will *not* be pay to win. At best you can get *Pay for a bit of convenience* i.e. XP Boost etc. Weapons are designed to not give anyone an massive advantage over anyone else. Skill with a weapon, mods, all make a difference, but someone who is geared up is not going to ROFLstomp everyone in his path. A skilled new player with low end gear still has a chance against a geared player who cannot shoot straight.