PDA

View Full Version : Community Social Pursuit Help (EU) Brought to you by The Exiled

Seth Winternight
07-15-2013, 06:27 PM
BIG Credit to Shwartznwalder and Clan Freemasons, as well as Nuclear Rubber for instigating the idea. Most of the thanks goes to them.

If you're NA and want to join in the event, here is the NA version of the community event:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?108718-Community-Social-Pursuit-Help-(NA)-Brought-To-You-By-Clan-Freemasons

Hello everyone, this is Seth Winternight, head of The Exiled clan, here with a cross-server community event for all players based on the EU server. Next Today (July 20th) from 6:00-7:00 PM GMT London time, we will be hosting another community event that is available to all EU-based players for the Xbox 360. It doesn’t matter about EGO, Nationality or levels of skill, but the taking part that matters (and is encouraged).

This week (Saturday) we will be helping players get the following pursuits:

- Having 15 friends online
- Trading with 25 friends
- Reviving 25 friends
- Starting 5 groups

This event is designed to promote the social MMO aspects of Defiance and provide an excellent social environment for people to hang out and achieve some pursuits at the same time. Here’s the plan:

1. Opt in for the community event by posting your Gamertag, EGO Rating and Clan Affiliation (if applicable). Make sure to opt in so I can organize the right amount of hosts to accommodate everyone.
2. Meet up with myself (SethWinternight) and hosts (instruction on how to do that below) at the Muir Processing plant no later than 6:00 PM GMT London time.
3. Checking and preparing your microphone beforehand will make sure that you can hear and communicate with players in the area. Using text-based chat is also fine, with the option to use an attachable USB Keyboard (if one has that).

Rules:

1. Do not disrespect any other players in the event. Abusing, insulting and bullying other players during the event means we will not help you towards your pursuits.
2. Make sure you have something that will allow you to hear other players talking so you can receive instructions as well as updates on who you can friend and who you can trade/revive..
3. You MUST… MUST have fun . The purpose of this event is to promote the MMO aspects of the game and get everyone involved. Pick up some new friends or just chat with fellow Ark Hunters. Who knows, unaffiliated players may find a nice bunch of members in a clan to join/get recruited by.

Disclaimer:

1. We understand the mass of players in one area at once may spike the servers and some players may get kicked out. This is out of our control, so just merely log back in and join in at the Muir Processing plant.
2. We will begin at 6:00 PM GMT London time. If you are not here at that time, we cannot guarantee that you will be set up straight away, OR if there’s anyone available to help you. Arriving on time will give you the best chances.
3. We have the right to not help any player that is “trolling” other players. Please do not disrupt other players.
4. If all the hosts are unfortunately busy to attend to you, you can message myself (SethWinternight) or one of the hosts that you will start your own party of players and we can decide to approve or reject your proposal.

The Process:

1. You will show up at the designated area (Muir Processing). Make sure you have opted into this thread beforehand.
2. Starting at 6:00 PM, make sure to listen to how the event details will work. If voice chat gets buggy or cuts out, I will send out a local message to players in the area, detailing the process. You can then begin sending out invites (friend invites, trade invites, or group invites). People will then begin to incapacitate themselves so you can start reviving.
3. Newly add friends and parties can then begin making groups and iniating trading requests.
4. These activities will be done for an hour so that everyone who turns up will have a chance to complete their pursuits.

How to get to us (join our phase):

1. Press right on the d-pad and choose the "Find Player" option.
2. Manually search for "SethWinternight" or one of the other hosts Gamertags (listed below).
3. Select the option to "View Gamertag/Profile" and choose "Join Session in Progress". This will put you in our phase, since “join phase” has been removed. Often what will happen, is that attempting to join our session in progress will not show up, so press B to back out and then view our Gamercards again. This may need to be done a few times in order for it to work and we apologise in advance.
4. Sometimes a bug will occur where the "You are now in the same world as your friend" message will get stuck on your screen when you do step 3. If this occurs, simply press right on the d-pad, go to nearby/friends, then press right on the d-pad again to "Inspect" (you won't see the Inspect option because it will be covered with the message stuck on the screen so just keep pressing right on the d-pad). When this screen comes up to inspect, your screen will do something a little odd and you should now be able to press "Start" to bring up your inventory screen (you may need to press start a few times). Press start again to close out the inventory screen. Alternatively, you can view a vendor and that will remove it as well.
5. Fast travel to the Muir Processing Plant and look for other contestants. You should be able to find "SethWinternight" in the nearby area, but you may see other players from The Exiled, Nuclear Rubber and other clans. Jump into area chat and feel free to talk to other players, but please keep the channel clear when myself or one of the hosts needs to explains rules and answer questions. In saying that (depending on the number of attendees), you may need to be patient as there could be a queue of queries, so we apologise in advance for this also.

To Close:

We hope you all will enjoy yourselves and have fun at this cross-server community event. Credit goes to Shwartznwalder and the Freemasons for instigating this idea and any NA players (or Curious Georges) can check them out here:

http://fm3arkhunters.com/

Their community events page is here:

http://fm3arkhunters.com/community-events/

Also credit to the following players and clans for helping to host the event:

The Exiled - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?51614-(Updated)-The-Exiled-(EU)-Calling-to-all-Ark-Hunters!&p=464643#post464643

dominad and Nuclear Rubber - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?96258-Nuclear-Rubber-wants-you!-(EU)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread and I'll make sure to get them answered.

Official Opt Ins (Gamertag – Ego – Clan):

See you at the event. Let's make it the biggest and best event ever!

Fakinell
07-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I have all social pirsuits but am willing to make numbers up if needed. Feel free to add me and let me know.

Kudos on this.

Fakinell
07-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I have all social pirsuits but am willing to make numbers up if needed. Feel free to add me and let me know.

Kudos on this.

Mac Chickqun
07-16-2013, 01:47 AM
DAMN! :'( Would love to join nut am at work at that time.

Seth Winternight
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
No worries, it's open for anyone and everyone that uses the EU server. Fakinell I've sent you a friend request.

Seth Winternight
07-17-2013, 02:36 AM
Bumping up the thread.

Fakinell
07-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Accepted and will answer the call if needed.

When i did it last it was a Sunday night which may be more accessible to more players? Totally your call brother and I should be around both days :)

Johnnykev
07-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Man is it refreshing to see different clans able to work together/build each other up rather than rip on each other for the sake of "rivalry" or machismo. I second the Kudos to you TC and to The Exiled clan! You all seem like some really decent folks and it really makes me wish that the servers weren't region locked so we could play together!

Seth Winternight
07-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Well thankyou very much, but the idea was not mine, but Nuclear Rubber and Freemason's idea. Consider myself and The Exiled "the laborers" :P.

You compliments about my clan are greatly appreciated :D

Seth Winternight
07-18-2013, 02:02 AM
Good morning and good bumping.

Shigaru
07-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Sounds good to me, I am in need of having friends online, as for resses I need major arkfalls for those but I'm happy to down myself for another's gain, stuffs in sig

Seth Winternight
07-18-2013, 09:33 AM
No sweat Shigaru! :)

As for everyone else desiring to participate, just mark the time and date into your schedules and meet us at Muir Processing Plant on that day.

Bentu
07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Ooooooohh

I'll be there but got naff all to trade.

Fakinell
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Ooooooohh

I'll be there but got naff all to trade.

You can trade 1scrip back and forth.

Bentu
07-18-2013, 03:06 PM
GT B3NNTU. EGO 1800

No clan.

Surprised at the lack of interest.

Shwartznwalder
07-18-2013, 03:21 PM
GT B3NNTU. EGO 1800

No clan.

Surprised at the lack of interest.

It's quite comical considering so many people post threads about never getting to play with other people and there never being anything unique to do. Things like this come up and many of them seem to read the post, then go off to make more "there's nothing to do" threads....

KTCAOP
07-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Well it's more that I don't know if I can commit.

/commitment issues

I do wish the best for your event in the EU, though the population in the EU in the game I do believe is smaller than the US D=.

Bentu
07-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't know what I will do with all the attention on Saturday.

Seth Winternight
07-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Hopefully the generated interest will work out for itself. I will try to get as many of my clan to help instigate the population.

dominad
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Well it's more that I don't know if I can commit.

/commitment issues

I do wish the best for your event in the EU, though the population in the EU in the game I do believe is smaller than the US D=.

The Exiled Clan is not alone :)
This is one of the first events several clans spent time discussing. I know I have chatted with The Freemansons and The exiled. While Nuclear Rubber was unable to respond in time for this event there will be numerous clan members joining in this multi clan event for the pure fun! and to help people. There is over 1600 people in this clan so between us I think everyone is going to have a blast and meet some great people whether they are in a clan, in different clans or whatever.. Mutual Defiance enjoying minds coming together.

See you all there on the weekend!!!

Seth Winternight
07-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself and I thank you for your support. We shall do what we can do make it awesome :)

dominad
07-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself and I thank you for your support. We shall do what we can do make it awesome :)
No need for any thanks we are just like minded people enjoying making our gaming experience and others a better one. Looking forward to talking soon! Saw you onoine earlier I will be back in a hour or so !

Shwartznwalder
07-18-2013, 05:39 PM
The Exiled Clan is not alone :)
This is one of the first events several clans spent time discussing. I know I have chatted with The Freemansons and The exiled. While Nuclear Rubber was unable to respond in time for this event there will be numerous clan members joining in this multi clan event for the pure fun! and to help people. There is over 1600 people in this clan so between us I think everyone is going to have a blast and meet some great people whether they are in a clan, in different clans or whatever.. Mutual Defiance enjoying minds coming together.

See you all there on the weekend!!!

I think that was mostly my fault; I completely forgot to account for the time zone as well as the fact that I was trying to do the meeting on the day I wanted to put up the event. We'll meet up a little sooner next time so everyone has a chance to have their input into the threads. If you guys want to meet up this weekend about future events, that would work for me.

dominad
07-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I think that was mostly my fault; I completely forgot to account for the time zone as well as the fact that I was trying to do the meeting on the day I wanted to put up the event. We'll meet up a little sooner next time so everyone has a chance to have their input into the threads. If you guys want to meet up this weekend about future events, that would work for me.
Sounds like a plan I will be online all weekend so anytime works :)

Seth Winternight
07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Up comes the thread, we are attempting to generate the biggest social event so far and we need everyone's participation. Come join to complete some pursuits, help others out, or just come and chill with yo homies. :)

Seth Winternight
07-20-2013, 03:09 AM
Time to bump this b***h!

Event will start TODAY! So if you haven't and still want to opt in, please do so quickly!

Seth Winternight
07-20-2013, 05:56 AM
4 hours until the event starts, better be excited :P

Salter
07-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Would love to join you guys but will be out at that time. Been waiting for an Eu clan to do something like this.

Great idea and will try and join next time.

Seth Winternight
07-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Event starting in 20 minutes.

To join in, go to "find player" then enter my gamertag. Send me a friend request to "go to friend".

Seth Winternight
07-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Reminder: It's at the Muir Processing Plant. Join in by porting to the Muir Plant, but if you can't see very many or you can't see myself, then join my phase.

Bentu
07-20-2013, 10:10 AM
There's 5 peeps here including me.whats a phase lol.

Seth Winternight
07-20-2013, 10:23 AM
A phase is like a different instance. It's like a mini-server within the server.

Bentu
07-20-2013, 11:51 AM
A phase is like a different instance. It's like a mini-server within the server.

Ok. Well I'll just have to wait for the next one then.
No one from from any of the clans was at Muir at start time which I found disappointing, if you guys are going to arrange these things then some one should be there.
If none of you guys can be there then how do you expect others to show an interest.
Hope the next one goes better.

dominad
07-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I was unable to connect and therefore use clan chat :(
I did message a few people on my list but is not as effective :(

Seth Winternight
07-20-2013, 03:12 PM
I was ACTUALLY AT the Muir Processing Plant for the whole hour period, but few people showed up. It's the whole different phases.

Probably helped about 2-4 people with some revives, but that's it. We're all in different phases and I did explain for players to add me so they can join the same phase (instance).

Oh well... I helped some people so I hope that makes things a lil' better.

Bentu
07-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Erm sorry Seth but I was there from 5.50 -6.15 and you wernt there then and I kept coming back every so often.
I checked the area using the nearby search and there was one Nuclear rubber guy once.

dominad
07-21-2013, 12:00 AM
There may be an issue using muir processing. When I did sw events there it was the worst. Usually use the crater. Someone has to be communicating with others to invite them into groups and get them into the right phase which is damn hard considering the chat function is often only working in phases so you see no one one, see no text and assume no one is there.

I am sure there was more but without the ability to communicate you are there it is really hard. For the next one some xbox live parties need to be hosted nad people need to post in the thread at the time to get invited into the right phase. It could just have been a bad day for it :( I was talking to Seth and Schwarz the night before go to play when its close to the time continuous server timeouts (posted a bug report) so there may have been others struggling to get in to the game too.

Bentu
07-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Well it's certainly an issue that needs to be addressed if guy's can be in the same area and not see or communicate with others.

Seth Winternight
07-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Honestly, I was there and only a few showed up, so it's definitely a problem if people on are different "mini servers" so maybe we should go to the crater next time.