PDA

View Full Version : World Continuity

D351
03-27-2013, 02:53 PM
I think we could use a thread to point out inconsistancies in the Defiance universe. Perhaps there's still time for any big ones to be fixed or explained.

No flying vehicles because of arkfalls, but we get to Paradise via aircraft (apparantly explained by shielding)
No flying vehicles because of arkfalls, but mutants have helicopters
Wasn't there something called an Ark Spire in one of the missions in beta? It didn't look like the one in the beginning of the show. (Apparantly this was all in my head)

Escyos
03-27-2013, 03:05 PM
I think we could use a thread to point out inconsistancies in the Defiance universe. Perhaps there's still time for any big ones to be fixed or explained.

No flying vehicles because of arkfalls, but we get to Paradise via aircraft
Wasn't there something called an Ark Spire in one of the missions in beta? It didn't look like the one in the beginning of the show.

Something like a massive stratocarrier would do better against ark debris than a one man hoverbike,

I guess the mutants don't really care.

There is no "terra-spire" in the game (at least not in the beta), unless you mean ark-core. In which can the show presents us with a Terrasphere, which contains DNA for terraforming and an ark-core is a power source used for terraforming.

DepreszD
03-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Yea I hope they keep it without flying vehicles, that wouldn't compliment the game at all. It's a apocalyptic feel not a war feel bro.. I think as far as vehicles just add a bit a customization and motorbikes and we are good on that, but fllying vehicles yea just go play Dust 514 or a Fantasy MMORPG

Paladin
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
They better add hover bikes and cars! I'm good without flying vehicles however.

Nucleotides
03-27-2013, 03:13 PM
I would love to dive bomb into a hellbug!

ChaosOneX
03-27-2013, 03:16 PM

No flying vehicles because of arkfalls, but we get to Paradise via aircraft
Wasn't there something called an Ark Spire in one of the missions in beta? It didn't look like the one in the beginning of the show.

The stratocarrier has been addressed, actually. They stated that they have heavy shields capable of withstanding all but the biggest impacts from an arkfall, but even then, they don't always make it to their destination.

D351
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
So, apparantly I'm just a dumbass.