PDA

View Full Version : Let us In Varus: Peaceful Protest to get into the Crater Bar

Beck
07-15-2013, 08:51 PM
K-TAM is going to host a weekly Protest out side the Crater Bar during our Aftermath Show. Every Monday for 1 hour we encourage all players to gather at the Crater bar on all consoles and do the dance emote. Take screen shots, twitch stream and youtube and send the photo's and links to Trion.

Trion says they are listening to the players. Lets put it to the test. Gather your friends and clan mates and hit up the Crater Bar and lets get Varus to open the doors of the Crater Bar or have trion build and deliver a social hub.

It seems there will not be a replacement to the Across the Badlands show so we will work on a time that is convenient for North American Players.

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 08:58 PM
What exactly are we protesting?

GiantInMaine
07-15-2013, 09:05 PM
What exactly are we protesting?

Did you read what he wrote lol? I might come just to taunt everyone and cause some unrest & hopefully start a riot.

Krauser
07-15-2013, 09:08 PM
This sounds like a good way to crash the servers. :(

I'll pass.

Beck
07-15-2013, 09:15 PM

I'll pass.

If it crashes the server then Trion has even bigger issues than a social hub. With sharding there is no way it should crash the server. You can only have 99 people on a shard at one time.

zer0dragon
07-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm with you, its non-violent, its fun and a great way to let the developers know we care about the game and are willing to help them with development into something we can continue to play in the future.

zer0dragon

KeevanSixx
07-15-2013, 09:20 PM

I'll pass.

stress testing is always a good thing....we, the community, can assist the trion team in making their game a better experience for all. and in the process, we...as a community, can come together in ways that are not normally provided to us, make a few new friends, do something out of the ordinary, and have a wee bit of fun in the process.....win win. i'm game...how bout you?

Skatch
07-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Sam Skatch will let you into the Crater over his dead body. The E-Rep frown on large gatherings of people. This unruly mob will certainly be arrested and detained! It is not worth it folks!

Take it from Screamin Sammy Skatch you wouldn't like it in the Crater. It is simply to refined for your backwards, inbreeding, simple, race-car loving, man-boy tastes. Go down to the Bug N Chug. It is perfect for yeti brained, dim witted, monosyllabic ark hunters like yourself!

I'll pass.

Wow that is not the intention. This is not malicious, or hurtful in a lets crash the server type of way, you missed the point. The idea is to gather in a large group to socialize, and let Trion, and the Devs know that this is something that the players want.

At the same time you will get to meet new people, and maybe just maybe meet some friends. I know it may come as a surprise to some people, but there are other players in this game. They can talk, if you talk to them. Try it out sometime, you might just like it.

ZanX
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I think its a good idea. Show that we care and would like to see some things change and upgraded.

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Did you read what he wrote lol? I might come just to taunt everyone and cause some unrest & hopefully start a riot.

I did, just wasn't sure if this was like a fun/mock protest of Varus and would be some sort of bigger community event, or if this was an actual protest (since people were posting to protest the game by stop playing, which is what I would think a protest is), or as I was reading to make sure that this was more of something like a petition to try to get a social hub going. Most of my time idling is either in Iron Ranch or in the Crater, so yeah, I'll be around, just wasn't understanding the whole protesting part. Getting together and having fun? Sure.

Skatch
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
I think its a good idea. Show that we care and would like to see some things change and upgraded.

Can I have two of you please? I would sleep so much better!!

Kn1ght_Sh1ft
07-15-2013, 09:42 PM
KTAM radio rocks!! Surprisingly... /well done KTAM, can I friend/playlist u via other media sources, like pandora!

HELL MAMA
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
sam if you and beck will buy this girl a beer i will be there. bring on the suds.

Phuccko
07-15-2013, 09:50 PM
I think Kenya should buy the rights for the crater from Varus, then I will LOVE to have the doors open up, WIDE open :P

Kn1ght_Sh1ft
07-15-2013, 09:51 PM
<---- KTAM's #1 Fan

Krauser
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Wow that is not the intention. This is not malicious, or hurtful in a lets crash the server type of way, you missed the point. The idea is to gather in a large group to socialize, and let Trion, and the Devs know that this is something that the players want.

At the same time you will get to meet new people, and maybe just maybe meet some friends. I know it may come as a surprise to some people, but there are other players in this game. They can talk, if you talk to them. Try it out sometime, you might just like it.

I get that this isn't a trick to cause problems. All I'm saying is after every arkfall I have to leave the game completely and go back in to get my menus to work and my weapons not to be invisible for the first ten seconds after I switch them. It's still not unusual for me to have to mute my TV at an arkfall because the audio goes haywire with that many players in one place at one time.

And yes, It would be nice to talk to other players. I've tried. The voice chat still doesn't work for more than a few seconds, and typing is a pain unless it's just one liners or a general question. I have my headset on almost every time I play and have had one conversation since the day the game dropped. Believe me, one of the things I look forward to most is the voice chat fix that's supposed to come soon.

And I'm on PS3. That might make a difference.

Kn1ght_Sh1ft
07-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Only occasional PS3 NA chat probs here just the usual bugs, not 4 nothing just a reminder to remember to un-mute chat channnels.... but if your prob is with the lag then i dont nor does anyone have an answer..., with your your TV/headset thats a MIC/headset conversion fixable via PS3 controls out of game

Nefarious
07-15-2013, 10:04 PM
YES!

Ive been asking for the bar to open forever. We should get more inner building locations.

Krauser
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Only occasional PS3 NA chat probs here just the usual bugs, not 4 nothing just a reminder to remember to un-mute chat channnels.... but if your prob is with the lag then i dont nor does anyone have an answer..., with your your TV/headset thats a MIC/headset conversion fixable via PS3 controls out of game

I've tried mute everything but area, and unmute everything. Still nothing. Would be nice to have for deathmarches.

jbob spittlewop
07-15-2013, 11:30 PM
I am in like sin! Only 99 players per shard is exactly why we need a social hub.

dbcameron
07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
When I get time between major arkfalls I will now be dancing at the crater. Love the idea, and the spirit behind it.

Beck
07-16-2013, 12:26 AM
When I get time between major arkfalls I will now be dancing at the crater. Love the idea, and the spirit behind it.

We will be doing this every Monday for at least 1 hour during our Aftermath show. We hope to get screen shots from people (posted here) and video of players dancing in silence as we wait for Varus to hire Trion to create a Social Hub for Players.

D_man535
07-16-2013, 05:57 AM
A moderator better not close this thread ...

Vega
07-16-2013, 11:27 AM
          

Cavadus
07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
**** peace!

The 47th Legion is giving Varus 24 hours from the date of this post to let us in. Failure to comply will result in the destruction of the Crater Bar, Muir Processing Plant, and all of Varrus' beard beads!

We mean business!

D_man535
07-16-2013, 12:43 PM
**** peace!

The 47th legion is giving varus 24 hours from the date of this post to let us in. Failure to comply will result in the destruction of the crater bar, muir processing plant, and all of varrus' beard beads!

We mean business! lololololololol

Reverend Blood
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I sense many ground pounders in your future.

Beck
07-17-2013, 01:03 AM
http://www.ktamradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Defiance-2013-07-12-18-41-39-45.png

Looks like Sam Skatch has been keeping a "dirty" secret. By that I mean Dirt floor and walls. Man no wonder we can't get in, there is nothing here.

Come on Folks, we need the crater reno'd and Stat. Lets get a building Bee going on like them Amish people do.

Vega
07-17-2013, 01:19 AM
          

Vega
07-29-2013, 05:42 PM