PDA

View Full Version : Ego Level and Full Playthrough Query

Tilarta
07-16-2013, 01:57 AM
A couple of players asserted that by doing all side missions, you will gain a High Ego Level.
I'm doubting the veracity of that claim now.

Because Nim Shondu was pointless in fighting, I went back and did all the side missions.

And my Ego Level is currently 612.

One player said 1000 was minimum for doing that.

Another stated that he is only halfway through the story and his Ego Level is 3400.

They also claimed that there is a lot to do in the game, but from scanning the map, it looks fairly empty right now!

So what did they do to get such a High Ego level?
Considering it doesn't appear to come from regular gameplay.

COBRAEYES
07-16-2013, 02:13 AM
A couple of players asserted that by doing all side missions, you will gain a High Ego Level.
I'm doubting the veracity of that claim now.

Because Nim Shondu was pointless in fighting, I went back and did all the side missions.

And my Ego Level is currently 612.

One player said 1000 was minimum for doing that.

Another stated that he is only halfway through the story and his Ego Level is 3400.

They also claimed that there is a lot to do in the game, but from scanning the map, it looks fairly empty right now!

So what did they do to get such a High Ego level?
Considering it doesn't appear to come from regular gameplay. Tagging Arkfalls, Co-op,Random road events with over dose grinding.

Arsenic_Touch
07-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Playing straight to NIM, doing all of the side missions, doing major arkfalls when they came up and doing some emergencies, a few pvp matches, 1 of each co-op as they unlocked, doing every pursuit for each zone then doing most of the co-op pursuits, I beat nim at about 1200. Took 2 weeks give or take and at that point, the game had next to no content. I'm now almost 3400 and it has been nothing but grinding the rest of the pursuits and doing emergencies and arkfalls for ego levels. I was grinding for 4k ego to get my last perk unlock but they lowered the ego requirement for all perks to 1k, essentially screwing up that last bit of progression higher ego players had.

1,200-1,500 ego is when you'll realize that there is nothing but a grind. A little bit after that you'll realize that the higher your ego level, the more you're penalized in the salvage matrix. The storyline content in this game is shallow. The co-ops laughably easy and require no strategy or cooperation and you can pretty much solo them. The major component of the game (arkfalls are so repetitive and easy but we still do them, but they again require no cooperation and can be soloed) the pvp has no substance to it, no competitive brackets or rewards. The number of maps is low. The contracts are a secondary quest system that awards rep, which isn't worth a damn really.

There is a horizontal system to the progression with a massive RNG grind to get better items instead of just actually earning better rewards.

So when someone says there's a lot of content, they're full of it. This game is shallow and they need to stop dragging their feet and start delivering us something with meat.

Blondin
07-16-2013, 03:44 AM
Yeah, you can't rush in this game, you should have maid side missions when they pop up, between story, contracts, pursuits, arkfall, PvP, coop, races, hotshots, all at the same time (this is regular gameplay), now you have rushed to Nim and you have nothing more to do.
There is no interest to be high level to do endgame, no interest to finish the story fast, there is no endgame (or everything is endgame), there is no interest to rush the story.

Now that you have rushed the game at ego 600, you just have to grind, I bet you will be bored in a week, good job :)

X64
07-16-2013, 03:57 AM
Don't re-do the missions once you've done it. This is just delay especially now that a lot of arkfalls have spawned, pay attention to them more because it's a 4000xp minimum a pop.

Clear the map of side missions because you're gonna need it to be more aware of the arkfalls going on around you.

When arkfalls and events lie low, go do your pursuits. They're mostly easy to do and give you instant EGO levels.

X64 [NA-PC]
EGO 4776
23 days total play time (10 days serious play time)
103/104 pursuits (only 1 echelon BS weapon needed)
10 weapon skills maxed
all perks filled up (no more xp gain)

Lollie
07-16-2013, 03:59 AM
I rushed side missions and Nim as well (think I killed him at around 500 EGO first). Got bored after a bit and went away, then came back (which I'll keep doing assuming they keep developing game), because I do actually enjoy the combat and driving. This is the sort of game you can leave and return to.

I hope they try a bit harder though and give us some more content, and also develop the game more fully.

melkathi
07-16-2013, 04:39 AM
On Saturday evening I started a new character on the US server to play with friends there. Then I realized that, since I am leaving on vacation on Thursday, I'd only have a four days to get to EGO 500 to do Cronnkhite for the rewind Armistice pursuit. Did everything in Mount Tam (the last pursuit for each area is worth 40 EGO levels by itself), did a few major arkfalls as they happened around me. Did minor arkfalls when they were nearby. In Madera I only did the side missions I needed for the prusuit. Did the challenges in Madera. Did Soleptor Excavation twice and Angel Island once. Did all the rewind content.
I hit EGO 500 last night by driving up to Saint Quentin's.

Horiba
07-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Tagging Arkfalls, Co-op,Random road events with over dose grinding.

If you do want to hit 5000... start leveling all of your weapon types to 20. That's the biggest grind. Getting XP is nice and all but after you fill all your EGO slots... worthless.... no more XP. Level your guns, do your pursuits, XP will happen during that.

Escyos
07-16-2013, 06:25 AM
You didn't do the side missions along the way? Seems strange to me.

Anyway I did it all in one run, some co-ops on the way and some arkfalls too and I was only one about 700 when I finished.

Colif
07-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Grinding at 700 isn't so bad, Grinding once you have all perks and get no exp, and only want to finish combat pursuits because they exist, thats a tough one. I am doing Snipers now, killing 5k enemies with only drops as reward is a pain, but with only 1200 to go now, I can almost touch it.

I have ignored story for 3k ego ranks, perhaps one day I will go back to it once I max all weapon skills (if I can handle it).