PDA

View Full Version : Where to pre-order?

terkwashere
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I am torn between pre-ordering a physical copy at a retailer (since there will not be a pre-loading period apparently) or ordering through Steam. The T1 rewards aren't super exciting to me but T3 looks pretty awesome and I have faith that we will magically get there.

Is it really true there will be no pre-load period? I just really have a hard time believing that.

Tell me what to do, forums.

Herbfiend
03-27-2013, 03:34 PM
What lvl of the game were you interested in getting the base or the deluxe edition?

Ollam
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Well the extra rewards with just Tier 1 is roughly around 5 or so dollars worth of extras.

If I remember correctly it was 160 bits for +5 inventory, at 400 bits for $5 thats 80 bits per dollar so $2 of extra inventory
And vehicle skins are I think the cheapest ones i saw were 240 bits so thats $3. So by ordering through steam i get an extra 5 bucks worth of stuff for free just from Tier 1.

Edit: I chose the Deluxe edition as well for the 30 day bonuses

terkwashere
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Basic edition.

The ATV looks like one that we obtain REALLY EARLY in the beta which makes it seem pointless

Ollam
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Basic edition.

The ATV looks like one that we obtain REALLY EARLY in the beta which makes it seem pointless

It is the same basic ATV just with a different colored skin, the different skins cost money in the Defiance Store. As i mentioned in my post above

Mur
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
I am torn between pre-ordering a physical copy at a retailer (since there will not be a pre-loading period apparently) or ordering through Steam. The T1 rewards aren't super exciting to me but T3 looks pretty awesome and I have faith that we will magically get there.

Is it really true there will be no pre-load period? I just really have a hard time believing that.

Tell me what to do, forums.

If you order through steam, you can download whenever you want. If you buy a hard copy and have a house/shack fire, you are screwed.

Herbfiend
03-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Well beta is over so that bonus for pre ordering is over. You get the dodge for pre ordering from any location so that is baseline and it is the fastest vehical in game.

Starting inventory space is 15 or 20 I can't remember exactly what it was if you don't have a great connection and are worried about your download speed I'd say get a physical copy as you would only have to download a patch before game rather then the client. Your inventory starts getting increased automatically at ego rating of 250 and you get an extra 8 spaces then and you can get 6 from doing the my ego on the website.

If your really looking for pre order bonuses the deluxe plus steam is the best offer I think since you can do the site ego thing plus you get the delux edition stuff the pre order stuff plus the tier unlocks. I did deluxe so for me it was better to do steam since that plus ego is currently w/o tier 3 giving me 16 extra inventory 3 or 4 extra weapons 2 lock boxes weapon skill increase the dodge and 30days of xp/scrip boost.

Most of the vehical unlocks are now pointless since we are getting the dodge imo. Although from the beta test the nomad is the best ramming vehical but we didn't get to test the dodge so that point might be mute aswell.

privatejoker58
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Basic edition.

All of the bonus weapons and vehicles will be useless within a week.

WarMachine
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Order it through Steam, IMO. The game will play exactly the same, though it may cost a few extra dollars, we're well on the way to Tier 2 rewards (And I think SL will go to your inventory for trade fodder), and I'm sure at the current rate we'll hit 3 too. If there is a preload, all signs point to no, but if there is one, steam should auto DL it when it comes available. That, and Steam will always have the game if you want to reinstall it.

ANTI
03-27-2013, 05:19 PM
If you order through steam, you can download whenever you want. If you buy a hard copy and have a house/shack fire, you are screwed.

Not true. All you need is a Defiance CD key activated on your Trion account to be able to download it directly anytime from Trion once the game goes live.

To the OP: the Steam pre-orders have jumped significantly in the past day making tier 3 bonuses look possible. The discount to the Season Pass + extra inventory space, etc. would be some nice icing on an already satisfying cake.

RelativeBlue
03-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Don't forget T3 on Steam includes a discount on the season pass. Very nice additions in that third stage.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Also, on Steam, it is 33% in T2. Went up a lot today.

terkwashere
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Well, I guess STEAM it will be. I don't use Steam for very many things so if anyone has any sweet tips or tricks for using the service feel free to send me a personal message or something here.

Tyryt
03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
I just pre-ordered from best Buy. Mostly because I wanted the hellbug statue. I would have gotten the ultimate, but seriously.. I didn't need yet another bag. As others have said, all of the pre-order bonuses will really not be useful in a week.IIRC I was ego 305 at teh end of beta 3 and had at least 28 inventory slots, that's with no bonuses or purchasing any or etc. I had more scrip and ark-tech bits than I could use. As for the atv, it is not the same one you get right out the gate, though you can buy them at the iron demon ranch, which is still fairly early. It does have different stats from the starter one (though like most things better and worse is relative, for instance, it's slightly faster, but also much less durable).

Defy
03-27-2013, 06:28 PM
steam so that we get bonuses :)

Warspawn
03-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Go Steam. You can download and play anywhere, anytime, on any machine. Plus the bonuses are nice; Phoenix Sniper Rifle ftw! Plus the extra inventory, lock box, Hydra Rocket Launcher...and the discount on the Season Pass (*when* we reach tier 3).

35% now...only 65% more to go 'til 3 at 9:30pm EST. Looks like we'll get there this weekend :cool: