PDA

View Full Version : Fastest BMG leveling guide

PimplyPete
07-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Click me to watch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFdI2EehD0)

In the above video I'm gonna show you guys the fastest way I've found to level up the BMG by using the games mechanic to my advantage....by which I mean shooting the Shtako out of a Scrapper Forge and keeping it alive in order to keep repeating the process.

I've known this method for awhile now only sharing it with friends, but I think I've waited long enough.

Let me know what you guys think. - Helpful/Unhelpful?

~Pete

FantasyMeister
07-16-2013, 03:10 AM
When another player gets in range on the same mission do you just abandon?

But yes, helpful :)

Era
07-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Did someone order some copypasta with their thread?

San Quentin Hulker
Pros:
1. 3x damage modifier most of the time occasionally revealing a 5x
2. You can kill yourself to reset the Hulker's health meaning you have no downtime.
Cons:
1. Health reset is a constant drain on scrip
2. Hopelessly repetitive
3. No rewards
4. Other players can follow you in and kill the Hulker getting in the way of your grind

Big Stone Reach Infinite Skitterlings
Pros
1. No wandering around or dealing with other enemies
2. Variable damage modifier based upon skitterlings being hit
3. No threat
4. Can grind out hit by other player kills with a friend while leveling by both of you firing on the Skitterlings
Cons
1. Respawn time is a constant drain on weapon experience gain
2. Hopelessly repetitive
3. Minimal scrip, salvage, and experience and no drops
4. Other players can follow you in and finish the mission getting in the way of you setting up the grind

Pirate Radio Scrapper Forge
Pros
1. No wandering around
2. 5x damage modifier most of the time, occasionally closed forcing you to opt for the 3x
3. No real threat
Neutral
1. Some drops/scrip/salvage/experience, but only off enemies cause you have to restart the mission without finishing
Cons
1. Hopelessly repetitive
2. Reset time is a constant drain on weapon experience gain though not as much as Hulker
3. Have to deal with other enemies
4. You have to grind your way to this if you aren't at this point in the plot already

San Francisco Scrapper Forge Circuit (http://combconsolidated.com/operators/topic/524-forge-spawns-in-san-fransisco-updated/)
Pros
1. 5x damage modifier most of the time, occasionally closed forcing you to opt for the 3x
2. Not repetitive in the least
3. Decent rewards
4. Bouncing around San Francisco is fun for some people
Neutral
1. Threat from Dark Matter emergencies which you have to keep cleared
2. Spawns may be different currently due to the plague (replace plague with whatever current event emergencies are ongoing)
Cons
1. Plenty of wandering around and dealing with other enemies
2. Slower than all the other options due to having to find Forge Emergencies at random

Scrapworks
Pros
1. Variable damage modifier based upon enemies being hit and whether or not you are fighting certain Scrapper types
2. Plenty of real salvage/scrip/drops/experience
Neutral
1. Have to wait for a group to form but no hunting around and the other enemies are part of the point
2. Real risk of dying but you will likely be revived
Cons
1. How the enemies and the fellow ark hunters move can seriously slow your gains down
2. Gets repetitive, but not as quickly as other repeat methods

I recommend the Forge Circuit combined with Pirate Radio if you are near it. Grinding is the least maddening and you can repeat forges when you are up for it at Pirate Radio which unlike the Hulker takes almost no time to set up the grind on.

Btw, it's not on the Circuit map, but there is a respawning Forge at the Powell-Mason Line, no emergency required, just clear out the local scrappers and once the 2nd to last one goes down it will pop.

PimplyPete
07-16-2013, 05:03 PM
When another player gets in range on the same mission do you just abandon?

But yes, helpful :)

Yes abandon and wait til their done with the mission just to be on the safe side...otherwise you'll have to play through the whole main mission again.

@Era

Thanks for the info, more ways to level up the better.

Maitreakow
07-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Did not know about the Powell-Mason Line Forge, thanks for the heads up!