PDA

View Full Version : Speech Bubbles.

Serrot
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
During beta, was there an option for Speech bubbles? I personally couldn't see it! I would love for this to be implemented, but of course it would have to be a option as alot of people don't like it. I just find it pretty hard to follow convos with new peoples based on just a chat box.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately, no. Would be nice to have an option to toggle them on/off.

Mur
03-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I plan on playing this as if it is a stand alone, single player game, and will imagine all of the players as AI that is only slightly smarter than that found in games designed in the early 2000's.

Harsk
03-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Some talking animations would be sweet fluff.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Mur wounds me.

Senel
03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
I plan on playing this as if it is a stand alone, single player game, and will imagine all of the players as AI that is only slightly smarter than that found in games designed in the early 2000's.

Pretty funny but also harshly accurate.

Corun
03-27-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping they add the option for chat bubbles as well because it makes it hard to see who is talking to you. I almost walked right by someone in-game several times during beta who was trying to ask me a question.

Gradius
03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
During beta, was there an option for Speech bubbles? I personally couldn't see it! I would love for this to be implemented, but of course it would have to be a option as alot of people don't like it. I just find it pretty hard to follow convos with new peoples based on just a chat box.

I don't think I've ever seen a shooter with chat bubbles. Shooters are more geared on using voice progams like TS or Ventrilo. I find that it's best to keep a very minimalistic HUD while playing shooters as you need to be able to see anything and everything that could be firing at you.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a shooter with chat bubbles. Shooters are more geared on using voice progams like TS or Ventrilo. I find that it's best to keep a very minimalistic HUD while playing shooters as you need to be able to see anything and everything that could be firing at you.

Well, usually chat bubbles include an option in the UI to either turn them on or not, so only those who want to see them will see them.

While they can obscure elements of the screen, my chances of seeing someone say something in chat without a chat bubble is likely to be nil.