PDA

View Full Version : DLC end of July still realistic?

AmnesiaHaze
07-16-2013, 07:17 AM
i'm just wondering if its supposed to launch end of July as stated on E3 why isnt that been officially confirmed here or on the website ... i'm starting to think it will be released later

what do you think, is there still a chance it will come soon and would you appreciate more communication? i mean even negative (delay) announcements would be still better for me than knowing nothing at this point

EDIT:
here's a theory by dude26212 from another thread:

speculation on when they will formally annouce the dlc

my money is on the 19th http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/16/1731/

so everyone watch the friday live stream where im likely to be proven wrong lol

pooch83
07-16-2013, 07:21 AM
as much as ill prob get heat for saying this. i have faith its coming at the end of july. but only because i have been putting the "wink wink" pieces together. patch 1.025 is coming out before the end of july, it will have the chat fix, ark salavge fix, other bug fixes, and content. the dlc is coming in a form of a patch. they have stated in a week or two, they will have the said date for the dlc. so from all the little hints they have been dropping on their friday live stream, atb, etc. i believe its coming this month.

duction
07-16-2013, 07:22 AM
they still have 2 weeks untill the deadline.. 14 days is a long time and should give them ample time to get it ready.

Silent Scope
07-16-2013, 07:27 AM
I heard its coming out after the PS5 & XBOX TWO are being released in 2025.

sarazeff
07-16-2013, 07:28 AM
They still feel the need to do yet another re-run of the old content , i think they are calling it welcome home for the summer catch up thing FFS !!!!
Get the DLC out already !!! , me and a lot of players have spent our hard earned cash on the DLC , collectors game ect .
And yet we are still getting old content OMG Xmas is only 5 month's away :)

Samhael
07-16-2013, 07:32 AM
I don't think that we'll see the dlc this month. Why? Lack of advertisement.

Sonickat
07-16-2013, 07:35 AM
And yet we are still getting old content OMG Xmas is only 5 and a half month's away :)

Fixed.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you expect five DLC by Christmas to which I can only Laugh. I'm pretty sure they are planning to stretch the first 5 DLC upto the beginning of season 2.

Remag Div
07-16-2013, 07:39 AM

Sadly, this.

It would be dumb of them to just stealth release the DLC, they'd want to advertise and send mass e-mails promoting it at least a couple weeks in advance.

The total lack of any communication with the DLC means it most likely got pushed back yet again.

Silent Scope
07-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Fixed.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you expect five DLC by Christmas to which I can only Laugh. I'm pretty sure they are planning to stretch the first 5 DLC upto the beginning of season 2.

Well it's a year before the show starts again. So expect your 5 DLCs in the next 12 months.

Hope all 5 players still left playing, enjoy that 5th DLC.

Blondin
07-16-2013, 07:42 AM
The total lack of any communication with the DLC means it most likely got pushed back yet again.
Agreed, the last news about dlc was Myll_Erik stated that they only had to set a date with Sony and MS, it seems that the setting date procedure is very very long, or Myll_Eryk said shtako.

Sadly I think the second option is the good one.

pretty sure they are planning to stretch the first 5 DLC upto the beginning of season 2.
It's a fact, they said 5 dlc will be released between season one and season two.

JohnnyPersia
07-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Honestly though, at the rate with which they're releasing this first dlc, it seems like it's going to be extremely difficult to knock out 4 more by the start of season 2.

We shall see...

TravelerX1
07-16-2013, 07:58 AM
On the day it's released and just after the crashes, emergency patches, rollbacks, second emergency patch because the lockboxes give all oranges for an hour or two, that roll back, then the crash because the emergency patch introduced new bugs, then the emergency patch for that.... and a week of lag filled play will I believe that the DLC is here.

Silent Scope
07-16-2013, 08:00 AM
On the day it's released and just after the crashes, emergency patches, rollbacks, second emergency patch because the lockboxes give all oranges for an hour or two, that roll back, then the crash because the emergency patch introduced new bugs, then the emergency patch for that.... and a week of lag filled play will I believe that the DLC is here.

Amen to that. Shame really. This game had a lot of potential. But in reality, it's just a failure.

It's already $29.99 new at Game Stop

pooch83
07-16-2013, 08:01 AM
sucks the pc users will be able to play a beta version of the dlc here in a week or two. but the console guys dont. so when the forums blow up from all pc guys saying the dlc is here. its not. trion is using them to spot/notice an bugs, crinkles, etc. then theyll launch it. so just pay attention for that. then youll have an idea of when.

Raver Wolfe
07-16-2013, 08:19 AM
You guys are neglecting the though that PERHAPS. They are working to complete all the DLC before they start releasing it. Would make sense in the long run no? They'd be prepared to Release their DLCs at certain times during the next 12 months till the second season comes out. Probably what they're doing I think.

Chevota
07-16-2013, 08:24 AM
the hell is this theory of "Lack of advertisement"? ...Only DLC's i ever see advertised have been COD and Halo.

Can we at least wait until the END of July to complain please? Dragon's Keep wasnt announced as the 25th of June until E3. Granted, that was a finite date, but we didnt get ads, we didnt get much footage other then E3 play... Defiance was @ E3, they showed Sieges + Castithans, they said End of July... Until then theres no need to get mad, or cut them down...

If August 1st hits and no DLC, Im right behind the haters on the ***** & moan trains. But until then, chill. simple.

Cavadus
07-16-2013, 09:01 AM
If the DLC was coming in two weeks we'd know it. It'd be plastered all over the website, all over Massively and MMORPG.com and IGN and GameSpot; they're not just going to release a DLC out of nowhere with no warning at all besides a few off-the-cuff statements from E3.

Sanguinesun
07-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Its looking more and more that my bet for it -not- releasing in July is safe money. Im so looking forward to pay out :)

Tzar of kaos
07-16-2013, 09:14 AM

When the game was release that was already the case.
I don't see much advertisement for DLCs,only from EA or Activision.

Samyaza
07-16-2013, 09:37 AM
I heard its coming out after the PS5 & XBOX TWO are being released in 2025.

-.- that kinda trolling is not acceptable...

It is supposed to be ps9 and .... Microsoft got bought out by apple... so it is apple box 3

Welcome to 2078 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdh4TqWFfX4

theLimper
07-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Apple box. ..

Lulz.
Though a random thought, what if they're combining dlcs to offer more content?

warcin
07-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Though a random thought, what if they're combining dlcs to offer more content?

If they did that they could be held in breach of contract or false advertising for those who already bought the season pass. So no I doubt that.

DarknessEyes PT
07-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Fixed.

I didn't purchased the DLC pack but I'm pretty sure that i read "5 dlcs this year" in DLC advertisement.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
07-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Was thinking it would be on 30th, but after watching last Fridays live stream I'm not too sure. At one point Sledgehammer stated they were looking into being able to put in up first on the PTR servers for PC players to test and leave feedback. He said they would give more info in next few weeks on whether they would/could do this. He also stated they would be able to give a firm date on dlc in next week or so. So with 2 weeks left in month, a ptr test coming in 1-2 weeks, Official release date announcement coming in week or so.....
I can no longer hold out hope of getting the DLC before August. I just hope after 5 months it turns out to be something really special.

Hope499
07-16-2013, 10:36 AM
I think its commin out this month.

Trion has their issues...but to push back their first (and badly needed) DLC would be incredibly stupid....

General Sideboob
07-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope it's coming out soon. I'm about a week away from finishing all the content.

Youkai Risu
07-16-2013, 11:50 AM
i'm just wondering if its supposed to launch end of July as stated on E3 why isnt that been officially confirmed here or on the website ... i'm starting to think it will be released later

what do you think, is there still a chance it will come soon and would you appreciate more communication? i mean even negative (delay) announcements would be still better for me than knowing nothing at this point

I posted this and they shut my thread down. I m thinking the same thing.

dbcameron
07-16-2013, 12:17 PM
IF they have the release date on Friday then yes it's realistic, a week is far more time then most games have to advertise their DLC. If not Friday then it'll most likely be some time in August. Disappointing yes, worth moaning about no.

I've been made to sit through far worse then this.

theLimper
07-16-2013, 12:26 PM
I hope it's coming out soon. I'm about a week away from finishing all the content.

I'm about a week from sitting this game on the shelf for a few months until they unjack themselves

brycemorr84
07-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Friday there will be a live stream of the DLC on Twitch if you guys care.

dbcameron
07-16-2013, 01:11 PM

I'd be interested to see how in depth they go with the Character creation for Castis, I want to know what my character will look like once I race change. I've wanted to be Casti since the show came out, but I am a patient man.

Remag Div
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I've worn armor/helmet for so long in this game I don't even remember what I look like. LOL

dude26212
07-16-2013, 01:34 PM
allrighty well even though my thread wasnt about when the dlc would come out i was pointed to this thread so look everyone a link!

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/16/1731/

im guessin they will announce the dlc date there on the 19th

Hope499
07-16-2013, 01:36 PM
omg I want to do all those things!

damn Canada.......

0_d4RK_FaLLen
07-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Hope they actually go into some good detail. Most of the live streams are vague answers and Greg dying (a lot). Also hope they show some of the other changes like the new UI, Vendors etc...

AmnesiaHaze
07-16-2013, 01:49 PM
allrighty well even though my thread wasnt about when the dlc would come out i was pointed to this thread so look everyone a link!

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/16/1731/

im guessin they will announce the dlc date there on the 19th

i added a quote of your OP into this

dude26212
07-16-2013, 02:04 PM
thanks thats awesome

Remag Div
07-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Crowd: "When will the DLC come out?"

Trion: "When it's ready. In the meantime, watch us hold a Casti blade with our Castithan."

dbcameron
07-16-2013, 02:09 PM
lol, nice.

Covington
07-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes I think that's why were are glitching now..... Let's get it out of the way now and not with DLC (a new character and weapon for $10) arrives.

Silent Scope
07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
You guys are neglecting the though that PERHAPS. They are working to complete all the DLC before they start releasing it. Would make sense in the long run no? They'd be prepared to Release their DLCs at certain times during the next 12 months till the second season comes out. Probably what they're doing I think.

Thank you for that, but no. We are all now dumber for have hearing you speak. May God have mercy on your soul.

Satsuki
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
It is still realistic. They've shown it off, plan to show it off again at Comic Con. Personally I expect them to announce a real date at CC, and for all we know, it could be launched *at* CC. I'm not holding my breath but I wouldn't be stunned either.

Arsenic_Touch
07-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Let's hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot again.

Raver Wolfe
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Thank you for that, but no. We are all now dumber for have hearing you speak. May God have mercy on your soul.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet. All you do is complain.

RealHoosier07
07-16-2013, 04:29 PM
The episode replay and the contest for season 2 are running until July 31st. The Dev that was on the season finale said they will be running it til the 31st and then the DLC comes out. So...the answer by the devs themselves seems to point to early August for the DLC release. At least that's what he said on the finale of Across the Badlands.

BlackR3ap3r
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
they've been teasing us since May with the frackin DLC......spouting live issues as a reason to delay.....then lied to us at E3 saying they never intended to release the DLC untill after the first season....... all they ever have are excuses never any real answers......

Silent Scope
07-16-2013, 04:37 PM
The episode replay and the contest for season 2 are running until July 31st. The Dev that was on the season finale said they will be running it til the 31st and then the DLC comes out. So...the answer by the devs themselves seems to point to early August for the DLC release. At least that's what he said on the finale of Across the Badlands.

If that's the case, Trion is officially garbage.

Sanguinesun
07-16-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet. All you do is complain.

Pot, meet kettle....

RealHoosier07
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm not too worried about it. I knew when I bought this game that most DLC's come out 3 to 4 months after launch. They are right on track to deliver in that time frame. I don't have much faith in Trion and what they say, but I love this game and I'll be patiently waiting for the DLC. I just hope it's all that it's been cracked up to be....which is hard to believe given the track record. lol

Sanguinesun
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
they've been teasing us since May with the frackin DLC..

Actually it was being teased well before that during the first week of launch: http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/08/day-6-improvements-improvements-improvements-niiiice-wtf/

In the last update I mentioned that there is a DLC on the way after our two upcoming fix and improvement patches.

They went way past due on that. :P

SaDiablo
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Please keep all posts constructive to the topic, and inviting to other members. Thank you.

Anarchos
07-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Haven't they said officially that most of the PC content is actually ready, it's just waiting for anal console companies to push the content out on that end too?

ten4
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
There is no way DLC will make it by end of this month or even the next.

dominad
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I left Defiance because I will not support games by Trion.
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

If they did that they could be held in breach of contract or false advertising for those who already bought the season pass. So no I doubt that.

Did a lawyer actually write their legal agreement even as a casual reader the flaws and gaps in the legal "documents" and agreements are rather strange. I got curious about digital media or licences that are granted but unusable for one reason or another. It led to some interesting links. Including looking at the itunes digital license agreements for one.

"Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, downloaded products, account keys purchased to activate or unlock downloaded software (including any Game(s) and/or Game Client(s)), and Virtual Items are not refundable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Trion at any time."

All of the legal agreement's make it clear that your in game purchaes are non refundable. Then they also state that:

Terms and Conditions: Redeemable for five (5) Defiance™ DLC Packs for the PC version of the game. All DLC packs will be activated and applied to your Trion Worlds Account as they are made available during 2013 and 2014. Digital item will be activated and applied to your Trion Worlds Account upon your first login after the commercial release of the game. REDEMPTION AND GAMEPLAY REQUIRE: (1) INTERNET CONNECTION (SOLD SEPARATELY), (2) A TRION WORLDS ACCOUNT, (3) A VALID COPY OF THE DEFIANCE GAME, AND (4) ACCEPTANCE OF GAME LICENSE, TRION WORLDS’ TERMS OF USE AND PRIVACY POLICY. Pricing and release dates may vary by territory and platform. No refunds or exchanges allowed, non-transferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash (except if required by law). Risk of loss and title pass to purchaser upon purchase. Season Pass provided “AS IS,” without any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, to the fullest extent allowed by law. Void where prohibited."

This statement clearly shows the exchange of monetary funds for the purchases of digital media. Hence the void where prohibited and the as is. I would assume from this a good lawyer could make a case on this. The simpler way EA customers dealt with it was to see charge backs on their card for a service / licence not received and when they took offense to this; Amazon and other retailers who sold the non working digital media refunded their customers.

It is certainly very vague and shonky. I would have no issue asking my bank to reverse charges on any internet product that was not delivered and leave the company to prove that the money is still owed to them. The burden of proof it seem is on them, when you enter into a charge back you begin a dispute which must be cleared. Very interesting as if you live in a country that has laws on digital media and licensing as the statement says the Terms and Conditions may not be valid.

In the end if you live somewhere where it is or do not want the hassle or do not care you are promised content before:

All DLC packs will be activated and applied to your Trion Worlds Account as they are made available during 2013 and 2014.

which may be interpreted as you can apply for a refund at the end of 2014. As then the product would not have been delivered. Till then not much one can do. Must they deliver each item of the dlc as described hmmmm Since th purchase page does not give any description as to the content. Theoretically a file saved to the computer or console titled dlc 1 - 5 would count as the dlc :P As long as you got your hell bug hat..

Devils advocate. Honestly though if you are bored have a good read of the legal agreements on the site and tell me if you would hire that law firm lol

Sanguinesun
07-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Haven't they said officially that most of the PC content is actually ready, it's just waiting for anal console companies to push the content out on that end too?

According to the live stream from twitch on friday, they've alot yet to do and were talking on the possibility that when they get the PTR running weeks from now(so its a hint of the dlc not being any time soon) that they'd put the dlc up maybe for a while to test there.

dominad
07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
According to the live stream from twitch on friday, they've alot yet to do and were talking on the possibility that when they get the PTR running weeks from now(so its a hint of the dlc not being any time soon) that they'd put the dlc up maybe for a while to test there.

No and I believe someone posted the Microsoft information that stated they did not require anything from game devs to release patches now. That is all innuendo and you will note there is no record of Trion stating they are not releasing the PC version because a console or console companies are delaying it. They will not say it because they would not be truthful.
I think many of us console users here have said if the PC version is ready get it out so someone can play it! Test it for ut. I know people who wait a couple of months on one console or another due to exclusive deals but in the end they are all happy when they get to play it.

It states in the TOU they have until the end of 2014 to release it. Their choice.

Sanguinesun
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
No and I believe someone posted the Microsoft information that stated they did not require anything from game devs to release patches now.

Yes... Matt(sledgehammer70) states that in the coming weeks they will get a PTR running and, no promises, get the DLC on the ptr for a short time so that they can get direct feedback and so that it can be "as perfect as it can be at launch".

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/429606980

From 16:24-17:30

Samhael
07-16-2013, 07:03 PM

July 31st is a Wednesday and content patches in on a Tuesday.

dude26212
07-16-2013, 07:09 PM
July 31st is a Wednesday and content patches in on a Tuesday.

well unless they have the replay content on a timer they have to do something to deactivate so i guess it would make sense for them to throw in the dlc while they are there (on the 30th)

thejx4
07-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Comic-con and Gamescom are both coming up. They have to show something. Maybe even announce the next DLC.

Wolfythedark
07-17-2013, 01:03 AM
I just cant fathom why this is such a big deal. Granted i preordered the UE so my season pass is included and im in no hurry. my point is.. go play something else if youre so bored. youre covered until the end of 2014. if we dont have 5 dlc by then start the lawsuits. If $30 is THAT important to you then you may have the wrong hobby. I dont get this "one game at a time" mentality. Its a freaken hobby, why must everyone be so negative about every little detail?

theLimper
07-17-2013, 01:22 AM
I just cant fathom why this is such a big deal. Granted i preordered the UE so my season pass is included and im in no hurry. my point is.. go play something else if youre so bored. youre covered until the end of 2014. if we dont have 5 dlc by then start the lawsuits. If $30 is THAT important to you then you may have the wrong hobby. I dont get this "one game at a time" mentality. Its a freaken hobby, why must everyone be so negative about every little detail?

Because we are the consumer and paid for it?

dominad
07-17-2013, 01:28 AM
I think people worry by the time it does come out there won't be anyone left to play it with.
It is nearly August most everyone I know is getting the new GTA will Defiance end up in the stack of old games that are not used again? I hope not but after I finish daily contracts clan events are what make the game and I can not in good concious or sanity buy a DLC with restrictions like by 2014 and no content guarantee.

JxSiN
07-17-2013, 01:48 AM
as much as ill prob get heat for saying this. i have faith its coming at the end of july. but only because i have been putting the "wink wink" pieces together. patch 1.025 is coming out before the end of july, it will have the chat fix, ark salavge fix, other bug fixes, and content. the dlc is coming in a form of a patch. they have stated in a week or two, they will have the said date for the dlc. so from all the little hints they have been dropping on their friday live stream, atb, etc. i believe its coming this month.

I'm sorry, but where did you get this information? I would love to see some patch notes from 1.025 and hope that it really does have these things in them (plus many more)

Arsenic_Touch
07-17-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry, but where did you get this information? I would love to see some patch notes from 1.025 and hope that it really does have these things in them (plus many more)

I'm wondering this as well. Are we back to having to search twitter and twitch for stuff that should've been posted by an official on the forum again?

JxSiN
07-17-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm wondering this as well. Are we back to having to search twitter and twitch for stuff that should've been posted by an official on the forum again?

I don't tweet, I don't twitch, if I want info I expect it to be on the official page, not some dumb social media. I especially don't want to hear, "I heard it from someone who has an inside scoop," cuz that holds just as much weight to me as saying "Trion cares about its loyal players who have been here since day 1 and are a high ego."

Just Sayin'

WarHoundZero
07-17-2013, 02:07 AM
I don't tweet, I don't twitch, if I want info I expect it to be on the official page, not some dumb social media. I especially don't want to hear, "I heard it from someone who has an inside scoop," cuz that holds just as much weight to me as saying "Trion cares about its loyal players who have been here since day 1 and are a high ego."

Just Sayin'

I wouldn't be surprised if what the man said was true. If anyone has played dcuo they had a way of using small updates and patches to hide bits and tidbits of new content that was coming in the form of new dlc or updates. if this is what everyone has been saying is true about the dlc pretty much being ready and just not massed tested then we may very well see this dlc by the end of july.

The Oncoming Storm
07-17-2013, 02:08 AM

Just Sayin'Ooh, burn!

THE GUDGE
07-17-2013, 02:25 AM
If ur on a console u could just check the rewards game trophy page and c if they have added any new trophys to Defiance because dont they get updated 3 - 7 days before dlc is released well thats if there's going to be new trophy to unlock .

JxSiN
07-17-2013, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if what the man said was true. If anyone has played dcuo they had a way of using small updates and patches to hide bits and tidbits of new content that was coming in the form of new dlc or updates. if this is what everyone has been saying is true about the dlc pretty much being ready and just not massed tested then we may very well see this dlc by the end of july.

That's with a lot of games, not just MMOs. Skyrim had DLC data installed with some patches even before the DLC was released. That is how some people figured out some of the things going into the DLC. However, I do believe the recent crashes and weird glitches that are happening lately (cars/enemies/ammo boxes disappearing right in front of you, matrix lag and item misreads, etc) may be from them sneaking in DLC data. I can truly hope so.

But the point is, unless it is on an official site by an official source, I have a hard time believing it. For all we know, the random guy who said this could be running around with his legendary scavenger bolt action sniper rifle that just dropped off a skitterling at an arkfall.

WarHoundZero
07-17-2013, 02:31 AM
That's with a lot of games, not just MMOs. Skyrim had DLC data installed with some patches even before the DLC was released. That is how some people figured out some of the things going into the DLC. However, I do believe the recent crashes and weird glitches that are happening lately (cars/enemies/ammo boxes disappearing right in front of you, matrix lag and item misreads, etc) may be from them sneaking in DLC data. I can truly hope so.

But the point is, unless it is on an official site by an official source, I have a hard time believing it. For all we know, the random guy who said this could be running around with his legendary scavenger bolt action sniper rifle that just dropped off a skitterling at an arkfall.

I lol'd at the last part so hard rofl.

Wolfythedark
07-17-2013, 02:42 AM
I think people worry by the time it does come out there won't be anyone left to play it with.
It is nearly August most everyone I know is getting the new GTA will Defiance end up in the stack of old games that are not used again? I hope not but after I finish daily contracts clan events are what make the game and I can not in good concious or sanity buy a DLC with restrictions like by 2014 and no content guarantee.

Anyone interested in GTA will buy and put time into GTA either way. Many games have come out since ME3 launched and Ive played them yet when leviathan was available I purchased it and spent time playing through multiple characters and was happy. When Dawngaurd launched I happily put games on pause for a week to play the content. I understand what youre saying about not having anyone to play with but thats not much of a concern. when people see DLC is available they will DL it and play it. The ones who dont simply because "it took too long" are a stubborn minority. Thankyou for a decent logical response, btw. I expected many a flametroll.
As far as the "Consumer" whine, if you want to be a smartarse try harder. You willingly paid 30 bucks for digital content that was TBA. It hasnt come fast enough for you, we get it. Go play something else and when you dont have 5 DLC by december 2014, when were all playing new, better games anyways, ill personally buy you a nomad of your choice.

Sanguinesun
07-17-2013, 04:16 AM
I understand what youre saying about not having anyone to play with but thats not much of a concern. when people see DLC is available they will DL it and play it. The ones who dont simply because "it took too long" are a stubborn minority. Thankyou for a decent logical response, btw. I expected many a flametroll.
As far as the "Consumer" whine, if you want to be a smartarse try harder. You willingly paid 30 bucks for digital content that was TBA. It hasnt come fast enough for you, we get it. Go play something else and when you dont have 5 DLC by december 2014, when were all playing new, better games anyways, ill personally buy you a nomad of your choice.

We've lost alot of people since launch because of the "took too long" with everything from the dlc to bugs to other issues. I know of Clans that had 100 or more members at launch now have 1-5 tops active in them(one my main character is still in one of those as a good example). For them, it has taken too long, especially when they were told it was going to be coming in rather soon after launch. Check the blog post by Nathan Richardsson(seemingly now the former Executive Producer) on day six to see he mentioning this to be so. Also reducing your 150 member staff by around 70% through layoffs pretty much ensures the kiting rhetoric will be the norm from here on.

Assasino
07-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Comic-con and Gamescom are both coming up. They have to show something. Maybe even announce the next DLC.

Well they should release the first dlc first :p
Their E3 interview they stated end of July so if they in fact only release in mid to late August
they will surely loose yet more players again.

Silent Scope
07-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Pretty much the community as a whole is pissed or bored...

Only Fan Boys are duking it out in the name of Trion these days.

Solution...

We all take a financial loss & sell the game back to Game Stop, a friend, or Internet sale.

Why be so frustrated over a IGN Rated 5.5 game?

Saints Row 4, GTA V, Fable Anniversay, & XBOX ONE/PS4 are pretty much here.

Plus Xbox has free games and awesome sales right now.

Moral of the story... Screw Trion. They've earned it.

N3gativeCr33p
07-17-2013, 05:38 AM
they still have 2 weeks untill the deadline.. 14 days is a long time and should give them ample time to get it ready.

My thoughts exactly.

Blondin
07-17-2013, 05:47 AM

Yeah please, do us a favor, sell your game, and go to another forum.
Tbh, I don't really care that Defiance lose "some" players, and I guess Trion doesn't care too much too, there is no subscribtion fee... There was a massive amount of new players with Steam sales on PC, ppl will come back and there will be new players with the DLC.
I guess many here didn't figure out what is Defiance, they still trying to find their wow clone, but there is many who like this game for what it is and don't feel the urge to whine everyday.

Btw, no need to be a fanboi to be patient or to play another game while waiting.

I guess Patience is the key word (and it's lacking), players have asked many things, it seems Trion listen to them, there has already been progress, but there is still a lot to do, basic and new stuff are needed.
But Rome wasn't built in a day, many of the stuff need more than a patch to be released, it also need a lot of coding and work to implement new stuff in a game. We asked for things that need a lot of work, there is no need to jump on forum every day to ask the same thing again and again...

Btw I'm a customer too, but when I go to a restaurant I don't ask the chief to cook the meat that I want, I look at his menu and pick up what I want... that's a big difference.

Oh, to all previous "defenders" of Trion, to all "day one" and loyal client, do you want a medal?

Silent Scope
07-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Yeah please, make us a favor, sell your game, and go to another forum. Tbh, I don't really care that Defiance lose some players, and I guess Trion doesn't care too much too, there is no subscribtion fee... There was a massive amount of new players with Steam sales on PC, ppl will come back and there will be new players with the DLC.
I guess many here didn't figure out what is Defiance, they still trying to find their wow clone, but many like this game for what it is and don't feel the urge to whine everyday.

Btw, no need to be a fanboi to be patient or to play another game while waiting.

I guess Patience is the key word (and it's lacking), players have asked many things, it seems Trion listen to them, there has already been progress, but there is still a lot to do, basic and new stuff are needed.
But Rome wasn't built in a day, many of the stuff need more than a patch to be released, it also need a lot of coding and work to implement new stuff in a game. We asked for things that need a lot of work, there is no need to jump on forum every day to ask the same thing again and again...

Btw I'm a customer too, but when I go to a restaurant I don't ask the chief to cook the meat that I want, I look at his menu and pick up what I want... that's a big difference.

Oh, to all previous "defenders" of Trion, to all "day one" and loyal client, do you want a medal?

You're obviously foreign. It's painful to read your bad grammar.

But... To the topic.

Work in progress?

lol... Oh that's cute.

When we buy a game, it's supposed to be a finished product.

That's how the world works...

Anybody here want to buy a car or better yet a boat, that's a work in progress?

If you do, you'll be in Davy Jones's Locker shortly.

Tyger
07-17-2013, 06:01 AM

But... To the topic.

Work in progress?

lol... Oh that's cute.

Not entirely sure you understand how the gaming side of the real world works... Especially when it comes to MMO's. I'll just assume you to be another Armchair-Dev and leave it at that.

>.>

Blondin
07-17-2013, 06:04 AM

But... To the topic.

Work in progress?

lol... Oh that's cute.

Yeah sorry for my bad grammar, english is not my native language, it's not really a choice, btw bold police are painfull to my eyes too...
You can build an apartment that is work in progress and I dunno who is Davy Jones.

Any way, I agree some way that this game was not totaly finished when released, one more year of developing could have been beneficial. Now if you don't like the state of the game nothing forces you to play it, you can wait till june 2014.

But I wasn't speaking of the game itself but of the dlc (title of the thread), and by definition, a DLC and a season pass are work in progress.

Blu
07-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah please, do us a favor, sell your game, and go to another forum.
Tbh, I don't really care that Defiance lose "some" players, and I guess Trion doesn't care too much too

Perfect, now take a dose of your own medicine and bounce..

if ppl like this spent more time in game and less time on the forums, there wouldn't be so many thread of bs fighting, or of the nerd herd breaking down bug damage and how THEY think it should be nerfed..

and this is the problem with Trion, they don't seem to care about there core, only the newbies, its easier to sale a new player outfits, trucks, or the dream of one day a DLC coming,,

no body is going to come back for DLC bro, and if they do, its going to be short lived..
or better yet, its going to be, "omg, im bored, im trolling the forums and I want dlc #2, same thing will repeat its self then, more nerfs, more patches, more bs threads about cry baby Mature rated gamers who spend more time trolling forums, then actually playing this game..

and if not, then what are you doing In every thread, or reading this right now?

BUt you don't troll?
Cry or complain tho huh?

Game has more kooks then a popular surf break in Cali..

Everytime I find something to enjoy about this game, and dlc I could care less about TBH..

everytime I find something fun to keep me playing this game, ppl like this live on the forums and think they know what direction the game and or its gear should go and next thing you know, a bunch of bored forum trolls are all in trions hair over the SAW, over the infectors, while ppl like me are still in this game trion to have fun, trion to teach new players whats up and how not to get taken advantage of by seasoned players, and what are ppl like you doing?

that's right, same thing everyday bro,

trolling and telling ppl what to do with there copy, that they bought, now, take a heap of your own MEDS bro, and step,
step off the forums and back into this game you so love and aspire to tell ppl how and what they should be doing with there copy..

odd, do you get paid to speak for this company?
do you have any reason to live on these forums?

I don't, and in case you haven't noticed I only come around once in a blu moon, and don't stay long, wonder why?

oh that's right, I spent my time actually playing this game, dedicating a twitter account that is about HELPING others and there frustrations, why do you what?

"sale your copy"

really? that's mature gaming?

hahahahahahhaa,, get a surfboard, and a motorcycle and try catching some sun, it may actually clear out your mind and your eyes, maybe then you can actually see how lame that remark was, or how common it is to say that..

Peons are not leaders,
leaders don't troll,
they lead..

Maitreakow
07-17-2013, 06:50 AM
BUt you don't troll?
Cry or complain tho huh?

Pot, please meet kettle.

Also if you would like to be taken seriously, more attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar would assist in your endeavor. The individual you are belittling has noted that English is not his native tongue and yet, he understands the use of "sell" vice "sale". Just some friendly advice.

Blondin
07-17-2013, 06:51 AM
"sale your copy"

really? that's mature gaming?

hahahahahahhaa,, get a surfboard, and a motorcycle and try catching some sun, it may actually clear out your mind and your eyes, maybe then you can actually see how lame that remark was, or how common it is to say that..

Peons are not leaders,
leaders don't troll,
they lead..
Leader seems to not read too... (I believe you think you are one of those leaders, as you show how you hate peons:))

So... try to read the entire discusion (not only the quoted text) before jumping on me, it helps...

I wasn't the one to speak about selling the game, he was the one to tell us to sell our copy :

Solution...

We all take a financial loss & sell the game back to Game Stop, a friend, or Internet sale.

Btw, you're seem to be pretty upset, you should get a surfboard, and a motorcycle and try catching some sun, it may calm you down.

Sanguinesun
07-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Solution...

Not entirely sure you understand how the gaming side of the real world works... Especially when it comes to MMO's. I'll just assume you to be another Armchair-Dev and leave it at that.

>.>

Scope seems a bit doe-eyed and new to Defiance, at the very least to be sure. That'll pass one way or another. :P

hagndaz
07-17-2013, 07:11 AM
I didnt read through the whole 9 pages, but I would think that if they arent promoting it yet, it isnt coming in the next 2 weeks.

theLimper
07-17-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm waiting patiently after realizing its only the 17th Lol I was two weeks ahead in my minds schedule. Just a few comments to tap up on though.
- games first released are always buggy, just not horribly so. That's what testing and not rushing deadlines is for. There is a difference between adding more content and building on a base then releasing and then finishing the game overall.

- when you go out to eat you choose from the cooks menu true but before you go out you decide where the hell you're going to eat with a general idea of what you want.
- people wouldn't live on the forums so much if they weren't trying to report issues and figure out what the hells going on. That's the only reason I came here. It took me almost 10hrs to get on the game

pooch83
07-17-2013, 08:38 AM

theres no patch notes at this moment. i watched their friday live stream on twitch on 7/12. sledge an another dev were talking about it. and honestly if you piece together the "beat around the bush" things they were saying. its clear.

Sanguinesun
07-17-2013, 08:42 AM
theres no patch notes at this moment. i watched their friday live stream on twitch on 7/12. sledge an another dev were talking about it. and honestly if you piece together the "beat around the bush" things they were saying. its clear.

Heh... clear as mud you mean.

Actually, if you go back and listen to the stream, Sledge's comments actually heavily support that it will -not- be coming in July.

1. He said they're adding the final touches on getting the PTR up and running sometime in the coming weeks. Not week not days but weeks.

2. After that he said they're hoping, no promises, that they will get the DLC on the PTR to let people test it out and give them feedback because they want to make sure the DLC is as "perfect as possible".

That means the likelihood of a July release is slim to none for the DLC. Chances thus too that 1.25 will be arriving before the end of July(as -no mention- of 1.25 in connection with the PTR's release was made) is also less likely, but slimly possible.

Veld
07-17-2013, 08:50 AM

Do they even have feet left to shoot themselves in at this point?

pooch83
07-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Heh... clear as mud you mean.

Actually, if you go back and listen to the stream, Sledge's comments actually heavily support that it will -not- be coming in July.

1. He said they're adding the final touches on getting the PTR up and running sometime in the coming weeks. Not week not days but weeks.

2. After that he said they're hoping, no promises, that they will get the DLC on the PTR to let people test it out and give them feedback because they want to make sure the DLC is as "perfect as possible".

That means the likelihood of a July release is slim to none for the DLC. Chances thus too that 1.25 will be arriving before the end of July(as -no mention- of 1.25 in connection with the PTR's release was made) is also less likely, but slimly possible.

i have watched an listen quit a few times. given my internet has been f'ing up lately. so i had to. if they stated at E3 it was coming in late july, patch 1.025 is coming in late july. an the patch not only has improvments, fixes an "content". then what else would that content be?. the show is no longer on, so its nothing from that. every time they stated time frames, it was 1 to 2 weeks. they could release a date for the dlc in 1.5 weeks, and the day after they announce it could be the day the dlc goes live.

the release of the dlc date was said (they were going to try hard) to be given in 1-2 weeks. the PTR was said to be live in 1-2 weeks. so they could launch the PTR in week 1, and then drop the dlc in week 2, could they not?. we're only half way through this month. you cant rule out all of the options until we have passed them. i still firmly believe that it will be the end of july. and if its not, then scream to the world i was wrong. if im right, then im right (speaking to everyone, not you btw).

KeevanSixx
07-17-2013, 04:35 PM
perspective.....that's what's lacking.

reading and watching, all the tidbits and things not said, with a healthy dose of skepticism allows me to believe that the dev team gave themselves a bit of leeway with the first DLC in case something went horribly wrong.

I can wait.....there are still things I can do (or create to do) left in the game for me. but if I have to be truly honest with myself, I would expect the DLC to arrive live sometime around the 15th of august.....and if it actually arrives in the month of july?.....well.....i'll just be pleasantly surprised....no skin off my nose.

and certainly not worth getting my shorts in a twist over....

the game is playable. (to a certain extent)
things are still slightly broken. (in places)
there is room for improvement. (vast improvements)
and when i'm bored, i'll go out into the badlands and create my own entertainment, when what is provided is sub standard.
right now....the game, is, what it is.....it could be so much more, but i'm not holding my breath any longer than necessary.

have fun with what is there, forget the negativity for a moment, and embrace your inner imp while fragging lots of pixelated thingys, and if you're lucky...you can drag along a few of your acquaintances to embrace the madness with you....when the important stuff happens, you'll be there to witness it firsthand....for better or worse.

ten4
07-17-2013, 05:00 PM
So on that live stream they say that in 1-3 weeks they will ANNOUNCE patch 1.025 (or tease it) which is not the DLC; this means that after that announcement, it will take 2-3 weeks for that patch to show up.

Then they have to put up a PTR so they can do test with the public so that is another 1-3 weeks or more.

Then it has to be certified by consoles (lol) which is like, who knows how long.

Then they have to announce the DLC release which is another 1-3 weeks (or more) wait.

1 month min before this DLC sees light of day, probably at least 3.

p.s. another clue was on that live stream with their special guest: one guy is working on UI and he also has to do web stuff. Pretty much confirmed right their they are working with a skeleton crew after they fired most of everyone lol.

Fancypants
07-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Honestly though, at the rate with which they're releasing this first dlc, it seems like it's going to be extremely difficult to knock out 4 more by the start of season 2.

We shall see...That just depends on what they put into the package to call it "DLC".

Since the contract language isn't very specific, you could get a reworked area, the same Siege down to the letter but with different mobs, and some new stuff in the shop and it would qualify as meeting the terms.

Based on the amount of wiggle room I think they won't have any problem meeting the deadlines specified.

Fancypants
07-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Sadly, this.

It would be dumb of them to just stealth release the DLC, they'd want to advertise and send mass e-mails promoting it at least a couple weeks in advance.

The total lack of any communication with the DLC means it most likely got pushed back yet again. I'll disagree with this theory... they can still 'stealth out' a release and give people one week of emails which is still plenty of time.

The reason for doing that is that they know the first DLC kinda sucks already, so if they hype it up for three-four weeks and then release a dogturd, people will lose their sh*t because it's been hyped up.

If they don't say anything, then a week to go.. "HEY ARKHUNTERS! NEW DLC IS HERE!" in only a week, no one is hyped, just 'surprised' and happy (relieved?) they made the deadline.

If the DLC is bad, people won't be as mad since they actually have SOME new content, and more likely to 'give them some slack' for the next one ("The next DLC better not suck like this or I swear to...blah blah blah.")

So I see it coming out this month.

pooch83
07-17-2013, 05:56 PM
So on that live stream they say that in 1-3 weeks they will ANNOUNCE patch 1.025 (or tease it) which is not the DLC; this means that after that announcement, it will take 2-3 weeks for that patch to show up.

Then they have to put up a PTR so they can do test with the public so that is another 1-3 weeks or more.

Then it has to be certified by consoles (lol) which is like, who knows how long.

Then they have to announce the DLC release which is another 1-3 weeks (or more) wait.

1 month min before this DLC sees light of day, probably at least 3.

p.s. another clue was on that live stream with their special guest: one guy is working on UI and he also has to do web stuff. Pretty much confirmed right their they are working with a skeleton crew after they fired most of everyone lol.

even if they announce a release date in 1 or 2 weeks (is what they said, not 3). then that would be 7/25 from the 7/12 stream. on the 25th they could scream the release date, and it could end up being the 27th. you assume that if in 2 weeks is when they will announce, then it would be 2-3 weeks after that. you are incorrect. many games have released dlc's right after they have announced the date. so until that time comes an goes, then wait.

hagndaz
07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
what game has ever had "surprise dlc"? predicting the announcement is less futile. once the dlc is announced there is going to be an official promotional campaign. dropping hints and talking about it is not an official promotional campaign. my prediction is official announcement around the end of july, and a release between end of august or beginning of september. just in time for college football, so that will garuntee i will not be playing on saturdays when i have most of my free time.

Sanguinesun
07-17-2013, 09:45 PM
i have watched an listen quit a few times. given my internet has been f'ing up lately. so i had to. if they stated at E3 it was coming in late july, patch 1.025 is coming in late july. an the patch not only has improvments, fixes an "content". then what else would that content be?. the show is no longer on, so its nothing from that. every time they stated time frames, it was 1 to 2 weeks. they could release a date for the dlc in 1.5 weeks, and the day after they announce it could be the day the dlc goes live.

You have to understand something about the Defiance. Nathan Richardsson on day 6 after launch (first week in April you have to remember) said the dlc was going to come soon after the first two patches to fix issues(some still exist that he also said would be fixed and never were). 4 months later still no DLC. You have to then understand that with them, it is better to expect much later as par for the course rather than sooner. You also have to remember that sledgehammer70 said months ago that you could get oranges as drops on the ground from mobs and most cept for the new folks laugh at that. You have to take their team these days with heavy... heavy heaping healthy doses of skepticism.

Sanguinesun
07-17-2013, 09:53 PM
I'll disagree with this theory... they can still 'stealth out' a release and give people one week of emails which is still plenty of time.

The reason for doing that is that they know the first DLC kinda sucks already, so if they hype it up for three-four weeks and then release a dogturd, people will lose their sh*t because it's been hyped up.

If they don't say anything, then a week to go.. "HEY ARKHUNTERS! NEW DLC IS HERE!" in only a week, no one is hyped, just 'surprised' and happy (relieved?) they made the deadline.

If the DLC is bad, people won't be as mad since they actually have SOME new content, and more likely to 'give them some slack' for the next one ("The next DLC better not suck like this or I swear to...blah blah blah.")

So I see it coming out this month.

A stealth release? You have to be joking. That would be the worst marketing blunder of a game that is suffering serious setbacks, revenue stream, around 100 of its 150 staff laid off, and more. They -want- to publicize the release. Shout it out to the world to the world even so that can get every last drop of potential folks to spend money. It couldn't be more counter intuitive, to be honest.

pooch83
07-18-2013, 07:40 AM
You have to understand something about the Defiance. Nathan Richardsson on day 6 after launch (first week in April you have to remember) said the dlc was going to come soon after the first two patches to fix issues(some still exist that he also said would be fixed and never were). 4 months later still no DLC. You have to then understand that with them, it is better to expect much later as par for the course rather than sooner. You also have to remember that sledgehammer70 said months ago that you could get oranges as drops on the ground from mobs and most cept for the new folks laugh at that. You have to take their team these days with heavy... heavy heaping healthy doses of skepticism.

i remember all that. they said it was suppose to come after patch 1.020, but got pushed back due to bugs, fixes, etc. and technically its still coming after patch 1.020 lol, just dont know how far back. i also remember hearing him say about the orange weapons being dropped, i personally never believed that or the people that ran around screaming that it happened. i dont really care for orange or there prices. i know there has been a decent amount of set backs with this game, an i do take the words with a grain of salt, but i still honestly feel that it will be out by the end of july.

and thanks for not jumping my sh*t and having a conversation like an adult. thats a very rare thing on this forum.

Remag Div
07-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Never Forget

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

dominad
07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Well the nay sayers seemed to be right all along.

They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

Arsenic_Touch
07-23-2013, 04:08 PM

Oops, looks like they shot themselves in the foot again. Shocking.

KBob
07-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Oops, looks like they shot themselves in the foot again. Shocking.

just my two cents - they change an exec producer ..

Alien
07-23-2013, 04:12 PM
they dont seem to be very good at their jobs so EU players will never play with NA players unless we make new chars confrimed by dev ,everyone else seems to manage it but not defiance.

Gomly
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
they dont seem to be very good at their jobs so EU players will never play with NA players unless we make new chars confrimed by dev ,everyone else seems to manage it but not defiance

To be honest fella, with regards to PC games, we've never been able to play with NA players unless we made characters on their servers.

EU and NA are usually separate.

That's one thing I can't complain about as it's the same as every other MMO I play.

dominad
07-23-2013, 04:23 PM
To be honest fella, with regards to PC games, we've never been able to play with NA players unless we made characters on their servers.

EU and NA are usually separate.

That's one thing I can't complain about as it's the same as every other MMO I play.

No issue on console games I play with people anywhere in the world or chose to play local my choice its called matchmaking. Another reason it should not be released cross platform they made lots of money but I doubt they will be left with much..

KjcKiesh
07-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Answer to thread title: No, it is not, for they have now said they will bring it out August

Fancypants
07-23-2013, 06:44 PM
A stealth release? You have to be joking.Wasn't joking, but I was wrong.. that's for sure. I thought with two weeks to go they'd swing.. something. Meh, their loss apparently.

I guess all there is left at this point next month is:

"Hey everyone, we would like to thank you for supporting us through this difficult time period while we get our 'certification' finished (HA!). We especially thank everyone for their patience and to show our gratitude and how much you mean to us as a community, we are crediting everyone in the game with X amount of cash shop currency as a thank you."

And then the platitudes of "See, Trion cares! EA/SOE/Blizzard wouldn't give you cash shop money right?" At least they gave you something. They didn't have to give you anything, so go back to WoW! :p

Soren
07-23-2013, 06:51 PM
they dont seem to be very good at their jobs so EU players will never play with NA players unless we make new chars confrimed by dev ,everyone else seems to manage it but not defiance.

Uh, RIFT, Trion's other game, doesn't do that. Most PC MMOs do not do that. It's an issue of server location, and the fact that your saved character data is server-based. If they were running the NA and EU servers from the same place like FFXIV, it would be different. If it was a game where the data is saved client-side, like most 360/PS3 games, it would also be different. But in this case there's not a whole lot they can do.

And not "everyone" manages it. Online console games do because they're not MMOs where things are stored server-side, unless the servers are stored in the same location. Pretty much every MMO or online-only game doesn't let you move between regions.

N3gativeCr33p
07-24-2013, 06:28 AM

You can post this 100 more times, and still... nobody will care.

Dave Blackwell
07-24-2013, 06:36 AM

This is 100x true in every sense, no one will ever care unless they share the same opinion. Do I care? Nope. I suspect Negative is the same, as well as everyone else who views it in the sense that I do. All that post proved to me is the inept ability to read the small print, the release dates for anything regarding Defiance are subject to change as many times as Trion wishes.

If people would actually take the time out of their crusade on helping our poor souls (the ones who understand why what is happening is and continue to support) to read the TOU's, I'll even be so kind as to link directly to them; http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/, then I suspect the uproar on the DLC subject would not be as.. intense.

Plus even if the TOU's aren't read, complaining about the DLC being pushed back will do absolutely nothing no matter how many times it's parroted.

Reverend Blood
07-24-2013, 06:38 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxfvg5SXDs1qcck7io1_500.gif

Blondin
07-24-2013, 06:40 AM
I do, I find this hilarious :)

Dave Blackwell
07-24-2013, 06:42 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxfvg5SXDs1qcck7io1_500.gif

Haha, the joker of the forum for sure. Props to you for the laugh.

N3gativeCr33p
07-24-2013, 06:48 AM
I suspect Negative is the same, as well as everyone else who views it in the sense that I do.

Indeed. This self-entitled generation of younger gamers sometimes make me sick to my stomach.

"Me! Me! Me! Now! Now! Now!"

<N3gative Cr33p vomits> ;)

Gomly
07-24-2013, 06:55 AM

I chuckled.

I saw it posted at the end of all his/hers/it's posts and thought to myself that they had a over inflated sense of self importance.

Veld
07-24-2013, 07:01 AM
I chuckled.

I saw it posted at the end of all his/hers/it's posts and thought to myself that they had a over inflated sense of self importance.

I kind of figured it was more a warning to people who may be researching to see if they would be interested in the game or not and getting feedback by visiting the forums (which is something i do when considering games like this) more than a self aggrandizement thing - person claims to be a gamer in their sig after all and obviously uses forums, so they're likely not dumb enough to assume other players would care whether they stay or go.

Or maybe i am just weird in how i think and i'm totally wrong...lol

N3gativeCr33p
07-24-2013, 08:16 AM
I kind of figured it was more a warning to people who may be researching to see if they would be interested in the game or not and getting feedback by visiting the forums (which is something i do when considering games like this) more than a self aggrandizement thing - person claims to be a gamer in their sig after all and obviously uses forums, so they're likely not dumb enough to assume other players would care whether they stay or go.

Or maybe i am just weird in how i think and i'm totally wrong...lol

I saw it as kicking and screaming on their way out the door... much like young, bratty children do when they're being dragged out of a store, because their parents didn't buy them that toy that they ABSOLUTELY had to have.

MacDeath
07-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Uh, RIFT, Trion's other game, doesn't do that. Most PC MMOs do not do that. It's an issue of server location, and the fact that your saved character data is server-based. If they were running the NA and EU servers from the same place like FFXIV, it would be different. If it was a game where the data is saved client-side, like most 360/PS3 games, it would also be different. But in this case there's not a whole lot they can do.

And not "everyone" manages it. Online console games do because they're not MMOs where things are stored server-side, unless the servers are stored in the same location. Pretty much every MMO or online-only game doesn't let you move between regions.
It isn't just Rift that does this. Defiance does it too for PC and has since day 1. I have MacDeath on NA PC and also on EU PC. It isn't Trion policy to region lock. Somehow they thought they should for consoles, go figure.