PDA

View Full Version : Tier 4 lockbox

SmokeyAce73
07-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I have heard a lot about the lockbox's and the tier 4 seemed very overpriced for an extra weapon (compared to tier 3) so I thought I'd do some research for all of you and clear it up...

I have bought many tier 2 and 3 lockbox's in my time as an ark hunter and never really got anything better than greens believe it or not (I'm not saying I didn't get anything better, I did, but rarely) and I thought I might as well delve into the tier 4's as I read somewhere it's a 50% chance of getting an orange, other places I read it was an 8% chance.

I can clear up that it is defiantly not a 50% chance of getting an orange as that would just be a game breaker itself.

What I can prove is that it is a much, much higher chance of getting more rare items, e.g. Blues and purples as well as half decent shields.

If your still in doubt I have a video of me buying 5 tier 4 lockbox's so decide for yourself. Ill do a video of buying 5 tier 3 and 5 tier 2 within the week and maybe a comparison video.

I know what your thinking. 5 lockbox's isn't enough to go on, but its either that or I've been extremely lucky getting the items I did.

Here's the video: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

Albion
07-16-2013, 10:46 AM
While your effort is appreciated, you are right - 5 lockboxes isn't anything to go on. I have opened hundreds and hundreds of lockboxes since day one of this game (T3 and T4) and if you are looking for orange weapons you will almost always be disappointed. I'm convinced they are broken in some way, but no one will actually acknowledge that.

I bought 26 T4 boxes with bits back when they had the double bits sale. Cost me $50. Out of 26 consecutive T4 boxes, I received ZERO orange weapons. I couldn't believe it. I didn't expect a ton of them, but certainly expected at least a few. That's not much to ask. Instead, I learned never to buy bits for lockboxes again, and I haven't. Too bad, as I would have probably bought some every week for that purpose, but they blew it with that flat out robbery.

I now only open T3 boxes with what I can grind out - and have gotten a few oranges. If I had to guess, I would say one every 10-12 T3's, but that's just a guess. T4's really aren't worth it, especially since they contain green weapons, and cost so many more keys. I would suggest T3's - but if you really want orange weapons you have to get them from other players who hoard them and deal them on the forums here.

Only4givenOnceOfficial
07-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Hey bro I thinks it's just different for everyone. I've been keeping track of how many of each box I unlock out of habit from the last box drop game I played.. I've got more oranges out of t2 than I hadn't with t4 an t3. I get more crappy weapons in between with the t2 boxes but I get more oranges though so I dont know. I could post my unlock stats for you if you'd like. I got bored when I was drunk one day and spent 1.8 mill salvage on boxes trying different things. I gave up on t4 and tried a few t3, gave up bought 24 key codes tried t2 got one then missed ine then got another. The oranges sucked though. But im still getting good weps out of the t2 just got a purple saw with double crit an a damage roll before xp bonus, traded it to some one for 4 of his oranges.

Horiba
07-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Its so completely random its like playing the lottery. I've bought 10 tier 4's and got none, I've bought 1 and got 2 oranges on 2 separate occasions as well. Seems like its gotten harder to get them as I've leveled up, but I could be crazy/losing the lottery/or the may have downed the drop rates.

Hope499
07-16-2013, 11:00 AM
its called RANDOM

RANDOM, it means that you never know, and it could ALWAYS be anything.

No pattern
no reason or logic
no system to beat
no trick to learn

RANDOM

I got 2 oranges in a T3 the other day, my boy is EGO 5000 and has gotten 3....

RANDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diogenes
07-16-2013, 11:00 AM
I've got more oranges out of t2 than I hadn't with t4 an t3. I get more crappy weapons in between with the t2 boxes but I get more oranges though so I dont know.

I've had the same experience. I've bought a lot of all lockbox types (T2, T3, and T4 boxes) but have only pulled oranges out of T2 boxes. Also, while I know it's supposedly RNG-based, I seem to have the most luck pulling oranges/nicer purples out of Coit Tower, Bug N Chug, and Shondu's Consulate.

BONNY
07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
save the salvage until they have another Bonus loot weekend, i opened 9 T4 boxes and ended up with 6 oranges, and i even got 2 in one box, The boost was 25% more chance,, next time they have one i might buy the loot boost to top it to 35%

note i went 5 days opening T4 boxes and got nothing before the weekend bonus and got almost BBBG .. GrrrR!

Hope499
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
save the salvage until they have another Bonus loot weekend, i opened 9 T4 boxes and ended up with 6 oranges, and i even got 2 in one box, The boost was 25% more chance,, next time they have one i might buy the loot boost to top it to 35%

note i went 5 days opening T4 boxes and got nothing before the weekend bonus and got almost BBBG .. GrrrR!

Has it been confirmed bonus loot weekend counts towards lockboxes?

I always heard they did not at all

Albion
07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure loot bonus (of any kind, either from Trion or personal) doesn't affect lockboxes. But I would love to hear an official statement on this.

GiantInMaine
07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure loot bonus (of any kind, either from Trion or personal) doesn't affect lockboxes. But I would love to hear an official statement on this.

I watched a video on twitch tv where they specifically said that loot bonus weekend didn't count towards boxes. You're just gonna have to trust me on it though cause I don't feel like searching and watching a bunch of videos to find it lol.

teamshizzy
07-16-2013, 07:50 PM
While your effort is appreciated, you are right - 5 lockboxes isn't anything to go on. I have opened hundreds and hundreds of lockboxes since day one of this game (T3 and T4) and if you are looking for orange weapons you will almost always be disappointed. I'm convinced they are broken in some way, but no one will actually acknowledge that.

I bought 26 T4 boxes with bits back when they had the double bits sale. Cost me $50. Out of 26 consecutive T4 boxes, I received ZERO orange weapons. I couldn't believe it. I didn't expect a ton of them, but certainly expected at least a few. That's not much to ask. Instead, I learned never to buy bits for lockboxes again, and I haven't. Too bad, as I would have probably bought some every week for that purpose, but they blew it with that flat out robbery.

I now only open T3 boxes with what I can grind out - and have gotten a few oranges. If I had to guess, I would say one every 10-12 T3's, but that's just a guess. T4's really aren't worth it, especially since they contain green weapons, and cost so many more keys. I would suggest T3's - but if you really want orange weapons you have to get them from other players who hoard them and deal them on the forums here.

I am now just over EGO 4300. From the start of the game to EGO 3000 I bought hundreds of boxes, both with bits and keys. I got 1 orange and it was a shield. I bought a probably 20 or so tier 4's about 50 tier 2's and mostly tier 3's because of posts from this forum. Because I was buying so many boxes, easily 10 to 15 a day, sometimes more, I had no scrip. I felt like a junky, I was borrowing from friends, selling my stuff, I was just a few steps away from giving hand jobs behind the bug and chug for cash. I realized I needed to change something, so from EGO 3000 and still through this day, I buy nothing but tier 4's. In the last 1300 EGO I have gotten (the following are all orange) 5 BMGS, 1 pistol, 2 Infectors, 1 Sniper, 1 SAW, 1 SMG, 2 Rocket Launchers, 1 Detonator, 3 shot guns, 1 grenade, and 1 shield. If oranges were supposed to come every few boxes, they wouldn't be rare weapons. I do think that with a tier 4, a purple should be a sure thing.

RACHER CES
07-16-2013, 09:36 PM
i buy tier 4 and get 1-2 even 3 sunkist a day if i grind my problem is soon my inventory will be full and need to buy more storage space since my ego lv is high i dont bother to sell them i just collect them.