PDA

View Full Version : Wanna buy Defiance: Is G2Play legit?

Elite_T91
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey guys,

I wanna buy Defiance, but I live in the Netherlands, and I wanna buy it on G2play. https://www.g2play.net/store/Defiance-Digital-Download.html

2 questions:

1. Is Defiance legit? You can't get in trouble for purchasing it here?
2. Can i use the key in my region? In europe?

I don't really understand so i hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Elite_T91

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Get it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/
and your problems will be all gone.

Elite_T91
03-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Get it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/
and your problems will be all gone.

Jhea I see it on steam but it's 20 euro's from the original price -_- ....

If its legit why wouldn't i buy it on g2play. Just need to know if they are or not ...

Sanguinesun
03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Jhea I see it on steam but it's 20 euro's from the original price -_- ....

If its legit why wouldn't i buy it on g2play. Just need to know if they are or not ...

Because with steam currently you get more ingame goodies for your purchase than any other retailer box or digital of the same version types.

Tier 1's -extra- steam bonuses just unlocked +5 more inventory slots, an atv and they're already almost 30% into tier 2 which unlocks a free copy of Trion's Rift game expansion. If these speeds hold, you'll be able to get tier 3 potentially for another set of extra slots and a nomad truck and more.

I mean if you just want a cheapest bare bones copy of the game sure that other retailer's probably a safe bet.

LoE
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Official List of retailers from the Defiance.com site:
http://www.defiance.com/en/pre-order/pc/

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae183/lemmingofevil/officialretailers_zps64bfac33.png

I'm not sure of any sites outside of the US, as this is the only list I have seen.

The list may change depending on region, so I would encourage following the link to look if you are not in the US.

Duckforceone
03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
i have bought numerous games from g2play.. and never been burned..

so while not a direct reseller, they are still buying the physical copies somewhere, and reselling them...

sp00s
03-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Official List of retailers from the Defiance.com site:
http://www.defiance.com/en/pre-order/pc/

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae183/lemmingofevil/officialretailers_zps64bfac33.png

The retailers list is based on what region you are in. I know GMG shows for people in Germany, maybe other parts of the EU, but G2P isn't listed.

Horad
03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
i have bought numerous games from g2play.. and never been burned..

so while not a direct reseller, they are still buying the physical copies somewhere, and reselling them...

Or receiving stolen merchandise.

Fitz
03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Bought reguarly from G2Play, and never had an issue -

I had my code emailed to me within 5 mins of completing my order, and has entered fine into the trion account site.

Since it only cost me ~aud$32 which is rougly parity to US, I dont really care if something goes wrong with it - but so far so good.

Elite_T91
03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
So what are you guys recommending? I'm totally lost now ...

Have to say ... the tiers % are going through the roof. Indeed, if this holds we're getting tier 3 for sure.

EDIT: I'm kinda set back by the fact I love to have the game in my steam list but its more expensive. But the fact G2play is maybe corrupt or anything or not legit is also keeping me back -_-

Lol. First I was not sure I was gonna buy this game, now I'm not sure where to buy it.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 05:23 PM

Have to say ... the tiers % are going through the roof. Indeed, if this holds we're getting tier 3 for sure.

EDIT: I'm kinda set back by the fact I love to have the game in my steam list but its more expensive. But the fact G2play is maybe corrupt or anything or not legit is also keeping me back -_-

Lol. First I was not sure I was gonna buy this game, now I'm not sure where to buy it.

Steam =D 32% now.

Elite_T91
03-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Steam =D 32% now.

Haha dude, ur freaking me out with your pro-steam attitude xD That profile picture isn't helping either xD

Anyway, what do you think about the game itself? I'm curious.

sp00s
03-27-2013, 05:28 PM

I don't think that it's a matter of them being legit, they are. They usually sell Russian keys at a cheaper rate. Bought 1 game from them as a Steam key and in my list it says 'Game Name (Russian)' I was able to install it in my language. It just comes down to whether Trion will allow it.

Even if you do get the Russian regional version, Trion has said you can play on any regions server, just need to make sure it doesn't violate the TOS.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Haha dude, ur freaking me out with your pro-steam attitude xD That profile picture isn't helping either xD

Anyway, what do you think about the game itself? I'm curious.

If it makes you any happier:
http://s9.postimg.org/50j1uuy0v/Untitled.jpg

I like the game, simple, easy at time, hard on some other times, i love driving cars with turbo boost that recharge. I wonder can you buy the transport vehicle. hmmm

How about this profile picture. =D lmao

33% meow. =D

Elite_T91
03-27-2013, 05:56 PM
If it makes you any happier:
http://s9.postimg.org/50j1uuy0v/Untitled.jpg

I like the game, simple, easy at time, hard on some other times, i love driving cars with turbo boost that recharge. I wonder can you buy the transport vehicle. hmmm

How about this profile picture. =D lmao

33% meow. =D

Wow did u buy the game three times 0_0 ?? WHY?

I don't think that it's a matter of them being legit, they are. They usually sell Russian keys at a cheaper rate. Bought 1 game from them as a Steam key and in my list it says 'Game Name (Russian)' I was able to install it in my language. It just comes down to whether Trion will allow it.

Even if you do get the Russian regional version, Trion has said you can play on any regions server, just need to make sure it doesn't violate the TOS.

Jhea you know what, screw it ... probably gonna buy it on Steam. I think the game is worth the 50 euro.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Wow did u buy the game three times 0_0 ?? WHY?

Jhea you know what, screw it ... probably gonna buy it on Steam. I think the game is worth the 50 euro.

Me, my older bro, and my oldest bro a copy. =D

34% WOOT!!!!

Dwane
03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
THis is what i wrote about them in some other thread

I also looked at g2play web and i was little suprised that it looks alot like fast2play. After checking, both are registered from asia, but servers are in netherlands (g2play) and russia (fast2play). But best part is, they are both marked with "kinguin trusted store" and Kinguin.net seems to have same owners as g2play. Just my 2 cents.

Actually India (fast2play) and Singapore (g2play). But whole triangle with kinguin.net is just weird. Kinguin has same registrant/administrative/technical info as g2play, but server itself is in same hub as fast2play.
But as i said, those few buyers i know wernt scammed at fast2play.

GT3000
03-27-2013, 11:05 PM
G2Play keys work just fine. It's a trion digital key.

Sanguinesun
03-27-2013, 11:22 PM
48% now on steam into tier 2!

milentenev
03-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Yesterday I bought 2 keys from g2play. One for myself and one for my friend. They emailed me legitimate keys that we both immediately registered in trion site. For the 20 eur difference from the steam prices I plan to buy some ingame currency and invest in better things that what is steam offering (I don't care about Rift).

Yonpachi
03-28-2013, 12:42 AM
I've asked the Trion support regarding the validity of the key I bought from G2Play and ask them to check if there's something wrong with it. And it seems to be legit.

I'd rather save the money and purchase here, and use it later for buying bits shinies

milentenev
03-28-2013, 01:01 AM
As far as I know, those kind of sites just buy a lot of physical copies at once so they get a big discounts. After that they are reselling them cheaper than the regular store because they don't have actual store, their staff is minimal and so on.

As far as the other digital download sites like steam. Well the price there is negotiated with both parties and the margin for steam is pretty big. So yeah those 20 eur are going directly to valve so that they could support the service and still make a lot of money. Besides I'm sure that they are taking a lot more than 20 eur in this case :).

Aethera
03-28-2013, 01:56 AM
I bought my key from g2play. I buy almost all my digital games from g2play and I've never had a problem with them. If you have any questions regarding g2play, feel free to ask.

You also recieve points which you can spend on your next purchase :)

Elite_T91
03-28-2013, 03:19 AM
I bought my key from g2play. I buy almost all my digital games from g2play and I've never had a problem with them. If you have any questions regarding g2play, feel free to ask.

You also recieve points which you can spend on your next purchase :)

Jhea I understand, but the lame thing is it isn't on my steam list then. Also, If tier 3 is unlocked at steam i'm kinda glad with the rewards you get from there. I'm no fan of spending money for microtransactions.

I'm still not sure what to do. 20 euro's is much but having it on steam with tier 3 unlocks is also nice. But the rift thing is totally not interesting indeed.

Aarrghhh...

Aethera
03-28-2013, 03:30 AM
20 euros for a few extras? The vehicles are cheaper in the in-game store. Also you get the pre order car with the g2play offer. That is supposed to be the fastest car in the game.. If I were you, I would buy from g2play so you can choose your own extras from the ingame store :)

Elite_T91
03-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Jhea that's right, but I'm still not sure if their key is gonna work or not ...

Aethera
03-28-2013, 03:43 AM
Jhea that's right, but I'm still not sure if their key is gonna work or not ...

I can confirm it works. Me and a friend of mine both bought it from g2play and we both have it on our trionworlds account.

Elite_T91
03-28-2013, 04:04 AM
I can confirm it works. Me and a friend of mine both bought it from g2play and we both have it on our trionworlds account.

So do you already know what you are gonna buy ingame? Besides, you wont get a unique car if tier 3 IS unlocked ...

Yonpachi
03-28-2013, 04:07 AM
So do you already know what you are gonna buy ingame? Besides, you wont get a unique car if tier 3 IS unlocked ...

RM Nomad M4: The RM Nomad M4 model is not yet available on the open market,

So that means, It will be available later http://i.imgur.com/8sdIW.gif on the market

Aethera
03-28-2013, 04:10 AM

From what I've seen, market prices aren't that high. I will probably stick with the pre order car for a while and will buy mostly outfits and inventory space from the store

HexCaliber
03-28-2013, 05:17 AM
G2Play is fine, like others I have purchased a number of games through them including steam and origin keys. Ignore the idiots talking about stolen keys, the company have been in business a couple of years and purchase international copies at the lowest rates possible then sell the keys on, if they were doing anything illegal steam and origin wouldn't be honoring the keys.

milentenev
03-28-2013, 05:26 AM

With my extra 20 euro I would definitely buy some extra inventory but only if I need one. The other thing would be some bad *** looking vehicle later on when the developers made more. And if I decide that I don't need anything then why not save for the DLCs?

The good thing is that I will have 20 euros worth of decisions isn't that better than fixed prizes?

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 05:35 AM
i bought 2 copies from g2play. mine redeemed fine and the defiance page in my trion account lists pc version and allows launcher download.

guy i bought the other key for was able to redeem his code too just fine.

the money i saved will go directly to trion's cash shop for defiance. pending reasonable prices on outfits and inventory slots anyway.

i like steam for several reasons, but not that big of a deal for mmo's. alot of the mmo's i try out don't sell on steam at launch, so i end up buying them direct. in this case i wanted to get extra copies and have money left over for the cash shop, so i shopped around first.

teh steam unlock bonuses are pretty lacklustre. if i was interested in storm legion i'd pick it up when it's on sale for $10. it hasn't been able to hold the interest of any my friends though, not even though people that fanboy over trion and rift. teh otehr bonuses are pretty meh minus maybe the costumes. i'll spend less to buy more invetory slots from the cash shop, even hedging my bet that inventory slots will be adjusted and increased from what was in beta(how does into math trion?)

Spaz
03-28-2013, 06:43 AM
I just bought the game from fast2play.. payed with PayPal and got the cd-key within 5 minutes of completing the transaction on PayPal.. haven't gotten the pre-order code yet though.. but i'm guessing i'll get that in an e-mail later today.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 06:44 AM
I just bought the game from fast2play.. payed with PayPal and got the cd-key within 5 minutes of completing the transaction on PayPal.. haven't gotten the pre-order code yet though.. but i'm guessing i'll get that in an e-mail later today.

there is only one code for standard ed. digital deluxe is two codes iirc.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 06:52 AM
that's where I got mine

HansKisaragi
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM
G2play is legit but they are not an official retailer for the game.

They buy games from regions where games are cheap and sell them. Thats why its cheaper them official price.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 07:04 AM
With my extra 20 euro I would definitely buy some extra inventory but only if I need one. The other thing would be some bad *** looking vehicle later on when the developers made more. And if I decide that I don't need anything then why not save for the DLCs?

The good thing is that I will have 20 euros worth of decisions isn't that better than fixed prizes?

Exactly what I did, from g2play. The unique vehicle is just color anyway, and you'll still get the dodge challenger. This way, I can buy the inventory slot upgrades, my favorite outfits, and still have enough leftover for either another vehicle or a few lockboxes. the 4000 bits during beta was way more than i needed

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 07:05 AM
i wouldn't count on cash shop prices being the same as they were in beta.

i mean did you see the pricing on the inventory slots? it was a 6th grade math fail.

Mechman
03-28-2013, 07:16 AM
In the past I purchased a license for Battlefield 3 from a company that operates the same way (purchasing cheaper licenses from various regions - site was http://play-sc.com/). It turned out I got a russian serial number that was legit and accepted of course by Origin. The problem was that I then had to down a huge patch to 'convert' the language of the game so that the menu's and other items would be in english. It experienced lots of crashes over the next few months, and every time there was a BF3 update I had to wait for a couple of weeks for the files to be updated on the stores site so I could update everything again.

I won't be doing that every again... I'd suggest you stay with a legit source. I'm ordering from steam since it looks highly likely that reward 3 will be unlocked (so between reward 1, 3, and the arkfall codes I'll start off with 16 extra inventory slots, 3 vehicles, etc).

HansKisaragi
03-28-2013, 07:30 AM
In the past I purchased a license for Battlefield 3 from a company that operates the same way (purchasing cheaper licenses from various regions - site was http://play-sc.com/). It turned out I got a russian serial number that was legit and accepted of course by Origin. The problem was that I then had to down a huge patch to 'convert' the language of the game so that the menu's and other items would be in english. It experienced lots of crashes over the next few months, and every time there was a BF3 update I had to wait for a couple of weeks for the files to be updated on the stores site so I could update everything again.

I won't be doing that every again... I'd suggest you stay with a legit source. I'm ordering from steam since it looks highly likely that reward 3 will be unlocked (so between reward 1, 3, and the arkfall codes I'll start off with 16 extra inventory slots, 3 vehicles, etc).

You either got fooled or did not read the description before you bought it. Iv never used that site but I know g2play clearly specify if its russian or not and what language you can play it in without downloading anything extra.

rule of thumb is.. don't buy from random sites you never seen before.

Duckforceone
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
yeah g2play always warns you if there are things to beware off with the game you buy like language and stuff...

i will usually buy stuff on steam if i can and it's only a bit more expensive at most... but saving this much, and there's like literally nothing of the extra boni on steam that i want anyways, i just can't see the value in buying there. I know i will want to buy 1-2 x 15 inventory slots, and some looks, and the few of these that steam comes with, it just not the same value, not even close.

So g2play for me...

Elite_T91
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM
I just wanted to buy it from g2play, but I also noticed you don't get the Red dodge challanger and the sniper rifle!

Hmm, still worth it to buy it on g2play (Even if it hits tier 3)?

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:08 AM
I just wanted to buy it from g2play, but I also noticed you don't get the Red dodge challanger and the sniper rifle!

You get the challenger, ALL preorders do, you won't get the sniper rifle, that's only for steam, you'll get Justice.

Yonpachi
03-28-2013, 08:10 AM

If you really want that car so bad, and hoping it hit tier 3 then go for steam. Otherwise save the money, and use it to purchase some cosmetics later

Dwane
03-28-2013, 08:11 AM

U get free vehicle after tutorial and u can buy loads of them for ingame currency. Sniper rifle is obtainable also righ after tutorial and u will keep it for loooooong time as all weapons are just same.

Duckforceone
03-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Weapons from different pre orders = chances are you will have a better one within 5 mins
Gear from different pre orders = it's one skin, and you can buy and get a ton of them ingame
Vehicles from pre orders = they are just different colours than those ingame

so basically all the pre-order stuff, the only things that have value, are the xp boosts and inventory spaces... the rest is pure fluff and colour...

mimneotic
03-28-2013, 09:49 AM
I got it from G2Play. They are legit.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-28-2013, 10:14 AM

psst 91% in Tier 2.

Reward 1:
Steam Exclusive Title “Steam Powered”
+5 inventory slots
A-Tex Growler
Reward 3:
Lock box
+5 additional inventory slots
7 day XP boost
Discount off the Season Pass
RM Nomad M4

N0va
03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes g2play is completely legit, my clan leader has bought over 500 copies of games from this website.

I myself have also preordered from this website.

I TOTALLY recommend it if you want to pay less!

You do actually get the dodge challenger with it, they just don't list it for some reason, talking to them now to have them update it.

-Though for your first purchase you have to submit a picture with valid photo ID and order number, though all good after that.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Yes g2play is completely legit, my clan leader has bought over 500 copies of games from this website.

I myself have also preordered from this website.

I TOTALLY recommend it if you want to pay less!

You do actually get the dodge challenger with it, they just don't list it for some reason, talking to them now to have them update it.

-Though for your first purchase you have to submit a picture with valid photo ID and order number, though all good after that.

I didn't have to submit anything, must be different if you use paypal

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
i was noticing some issues with the webapp for transaction history so it was making me paranoid. so i rang up live chat on the support page and asked them to confirm that

my code was applied to my account properly.
and i only needed the one code to be covered.

they confirmed that both are the case.

i bought from g2play. got keys within 5 minutes via email. saved money will go to the cash shop at launch day.

N0va
03-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I didn't have to submit anything, must be different if you use paypal

Yeah I used paypal.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 11:13 AM
i used paypal and didn't have to submit id or anything oO

Elite_T91
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Just pre-ordered it on G2Play and no problems. Thanks guys. Kinda love you right now. And I mean it. It's nice to have such a community to rely on.

I already inserted the code and its applied to my Trion account. Just perfect :D.

This is better than the Steam purchase where u pay 20 euro's more. If i really like the game i'll probably put those 20 euro's to good use in the in-game store :D

ironhands
03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Just pre-ordered it on G2Play and no problems. Thanks guys. Kinda love you right now. And I mean it. It's nice to have such a community to rely on.

I already inserted the code and its applied to my Trion account. Just perfect :D.

This is better than the Steam purchase where u pay 20 euro's more. If i really like the game i'll probably put those 20 euro's to good use in the in-game store :D

Glad you finally took the plunge, this is exactly how I plan to spend the amount I saved. More money for Trion this way, and I get the rewards I want, since a few of the steam bonuses aren't very appealing to me. Though now I kinda want that storm legion :P

HansKisaragi
03-28-2013, 01:14 PM
If you use VISA or Credit cards you have to submit verification. If you use Paypal you don't need to do that since Paypal does that when you add your card.

Fennix
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
I bought there and my code works and confirmed by Trion.

Worst case scenario you dispute it with your credit card for "defective merchandise" or "services not rendered" and problem solved. You can still go receive the shaft from Steam or other $59.99 retailers (cha-ching!)

Steam advocates just want you to help them get to their Tier 3 faster. I'd rather take that extra $23 and buy myself a lobster dinner, or whatever the heck I want on the cash shop and call it the Fennix Bonus Pack.

The only preorder bonus item I've come to still appreciate and use is my TERA white lion mount, and gear for new characters. I personally avoid Steam like the plague.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
What's wrong with Steam? I rarely hear anything bad about them, and it always piques my interest. I wasn't a fan of digital downloads, but I gotta say, big fan of Steam

stilgar
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
I've just bought the deluxe edition for 44 euros at onlinekeystore.
Better than steam's 70 euros version :D

FizzyMyNizzy
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
I bought there and my code works and confirmed by Trion.

Worst case scenario you dispute it with your credit card for "defective merchandise" or "services not rendered" and problem solved. You can still go receive the shaft from Steam or other $59.99 retailers (cha-ching!)

Steam advocates just want you to help them get to their Tier 3 faster. I'd rather take that extra $23 and buy myself a lobster dinner, or whatever the heck I want on the cash shop and call it the Fennix Bonus Pack.

The only preorder bonus item I've come to still appreciate and use is my TERA white lion mount, and gear for new characters. I personally avoid Steam like the plague.

Steam advocates???

He could of sold RIFT: Storm Legion and make back $20 on ebay. He could also trade it for some other games. Just like ironhands, asking any one want to trade their RSL for something else on steam.
He still get the T1 and maybe even T3 bonus. Lets say we max out T3. "Discount off the Season Pass" which now cost $40. https://defiancepc.trionworlds.com/products/view-product?code=DEFIANCE_SE1_SEASON_PASS

Elite_T91
03-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Steam advocates???

He could of sold RIFT: Storm Legion and make back $20 on ebay. He could also trade it for some other games. Just like ironhands, asking any one want to trade their RSL for something else on steam.
He still get the T1 and maybe even T3 bonus. Lets say we max out T3. "Discount off the Season Pass" which now cost $40. https://defiancepc.trionworlds.com/products/view-product?code=DEFIANCE_SE1_SEASON_PASS

Lol it will surely make Tier 3. Look how fast it goes. I don't really care, i'm happy I bought it for 28,99 euro's. The Tier unlocks are not that great and like everyone says here, you can buy a lot more for the 20 euro's you keep. And if i don't buy anything in game for this, I stil have those 20 euro's for the DLC.

StrikeALight
03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't risk it, especially on a Steam account full of purchases.

I just takes one bad key to invalidate you entire account.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 04:12 PM
g2play gives you a trion key, not a steam key

HansKisaragi
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Steam only accept keys from steamwork games and some exceptions.. This is not a steamworks game

morpheusxp
03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I purchased the game on G2play today and received a key a few minutes later. When I applied the key to my Trionworld it added a "Defiance Preorder" to my transaction history. But when I go to the Defiance tab on the Trionworlds page its still offering me to preorder the game. Shouldn't this page have updated with the fact that I have already added a game key to my account?

Fennix
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
I purchased the game on G2play today and received a key a few minutes later. When I applied the key to my Trionworld it added a "Defiance Preorder" to my transaction history. But when I go to the Defiance tab on the Trionworlds page its still offering me to preorder the game. Shouldn't this page have updated with the fact that I have already added a game key to my account?

They aren't that high speed. I emailed Support and they confirmed I will be getting the Challenger etc. You're fine. Just wait for the Friday pre download.

Congratulations on the smart budget buy.

Migrayne
03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
I did not get from g2play, but I did get mine from greenmangaming. It was also at a discount. I did not know about g2play when I saw the discount at greenman. I applied the key and download the client directly from trion. Their is no 3rd part downloading or patches to get messed up.

Its just an access key at trions site.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM

it's offering you the upgrades to the collectors/ultimate editions, you should see a link to the client. don't panic if you try to install and it says not authorized though, it's not ready to be downloaded. if you see it in the transaction history, you're good

SoulAssassin808
03-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Date Game
2013-3-29 Defiance PC

Transaction Type
Code Applied

Product
PREORDER_3PD

Yet it still is offering me to pre-order and when I try and log in to the launcher it says "this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE"

Sanguinesun
03-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Date Game
2013-3-29 Defiance PC

Transaction Type
Code Applied

Product
PREORDER_3PD

Yet it still is offering me to pre-order and when I try and log in to the launcher it says "this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE"

Its just an issue in their interface. If you hit Trion's customer support or wait it out, they'll clear it on their end. I had the same thing with steam but it all went through now and I'm patch'd to go.

Yonpachi
03-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Date Game
2013-3-29 Defiance PC

Transaction Type
Code Applied

Product
PREORDER_3PD

It was working yesterday, It patched my client. However around today when I tried it again it doesn't work. Must be from their side

Asirae
03-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Date Game
2013-3-29 Defiance PC

Transaction Type
Code Applied

Product
PREORDER_3PD

Getting the same thing right now...

Elite_T91
03-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Jhea me too ... Kinda annoying. Anyknow know a fix for this?

Also i didn't enter the authenticator code. What is that anyway?

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Jhea me too ... Kinda annoying. Anyknow know a fix for this?

Also i didn't enter the authenticator code. What is that anyway?

authenticator code is just another 2nd level of password protection. If you dont have authenticator, just ignore it/skip it.

Asirae
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Response Via Email (GM Raphael) 03/29/2013 03:52 PM

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

It might be possible that you still can't download the game at this moment because the entitlements are currently distributed. Everything should be in order over the next few days.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 130329-001024.

Just got response to support ticket

SoulAssassin808
03-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I got the same response

Asirae
03-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Looks like they are giving access to people in waves to preload

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11508-Not-entitled-to-play

ironhands
03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
just be patient. if you aren't able to start the download by sunday morning, come back here for solutions. your g2play purchase is fine, I had the same error earlier, and now i'm downloading the game without issue

odman
04-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah. I have the Patch Error - "Account is not entitled to play Defiance" -problem. My codes page only lists the pre-order thing.

Sent email to g2play and they said:
"This issue was caused by publisher who decided to changed dystibution method.
Keys for full version will be sent as soon as publisher will provide them (estimated 02-04-13 12:00-3:00 PM CET/GMT time zone)"

So.. waiting for the keys.

r3dl4nce
04-02-2013, 02:36 AM
If you bought from g2play, just check on their site under your orders history, view the details of the order for Defiance, they add the codes there as soon as they receive them

odman
04-02-2013, 02:53 AM
If you bought from g2play, just check on their site under your orders history, view the details of the order for Defiance, they add the codes there as soon as they receive them

Thanks for the heads-up. Still no extra codes there as far as I can see. I can see a "ANCDKEY: zxxxxxxx--x-x-x-x-x-x", but seems to be the same I already placed on my trion account.

Evgen88
04-11-2013, 08:59 PM
I bought some keys for GW2 from mmo1st.com
They keys worked, they were about $20 cheaper, like you mentioned.
Turns out they were purchased with stolen credit cards, and eventually my accounts were deactivated until I applied another key. I thought they were just selling the retail box keys for a discount, but I was wrong.
There likely isn't a legal way they can discount game keys.

Orenji
04-11-2013, 09:32 PM
G2Play is actually a legit website. Nothing fishy. No games resold with a fake/stolen credit card.

They have great support if you want to ask questions. Although they aren't the offical retailers, they get their games directly from retail places. I can't confirm that as truth but I'll go with their word.

Why is G2PLAY usually cheaper than Steam, EA Store etc.?
Obviously, as an alternative store, we have friendlier prices structure than official stores which are usually bound to publishers who dictate their consumer prices. These shops have to follow the publishers instructions otherwise they will not receive any deliveries from the publishers. Well we do not have to listen to any instructions and we can set our own prices.

Where do you buy your games from?

All game codes/keys are picked up through major distributors, from their original retail boxes, and scanned up into our database. We test all games before selling, so we inform you about available languages, regional limitations (if any) and any other necessary instructions whenever needed.

ironhands
04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
They're grey market. They buy the games at the same price, or cheaper, from a middleman and sell it under the manufacturers suggested price. For digital games, there aren't usually problems so long as it's a reputable reseller, but when it comes to physical goods, especially home electronics, often the warranty with the manufacturer will end up voided. It's pretty common with computer parts too. Some company will buy a truckload in Asia, ship them to NA, and still be able to undercut local retailers using direct sources. Trouble is, the serial numbers are known to be Asian versions, so they'll often deny warranty coverage.

Rullingsen
04-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Hey guys,

I wanna buy Defiance, but I live in the Netherlands, and I wanna buy it on G2play. https://www.g2play.net/store/Defiance-Digital-Download.html

2 questions:

1. Is Defiance legit? You can't get in trouble for purchasing it here?
2. Can i use the key in my region? In europe?

I don't really understand so i hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Elite_T91

If you are still unsure and whant to buy it from a known reseller, then buy it from gamefly mate. There is a 20% discount to be found as well if you google it (can't remember the link) making it 28.

Dwane
04-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Well, i bought it from gamazavr.ru (also on official retailer list). Deluxe version + season pass for price of standard edition on steam...