PDA

View Full Version : What one thing would you add to Defiance that isn't there?

Ronan DEx
03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
This can be anything from.. motorbikes..or another weapon type or game mode.. or hell even another race. or something you feel i smissing from the story itself..

For me, I would have to say pistols. I love the fact this game HAS several powerful and potent pistols, but goddamnit, I want to dual wield those bad boys. even if it took up both weapon slots. Dual wield pistols would be my number 1.

so, if you could have anything else in Defiance what would it be? a bank?

RelativeBlue
03-27-2013, 05:16 PM
A ghillie suit and prone position. Also a further draw distance so I could use them.

peekayboo
03-27-2013, 05:21 PM
The ability to switch hands with weapons to make shooting around something to your left not a huge disadvantage

Airwolf3169
03-27-2013, 05:30 PM
More than just the 4 basic skills to start from. I think there should 8 - 10 to give us a more derisive play styles. Cause I really think in the end we will all be the same. at a certain level you will pick the second skill you want to run up and so on. until you have every skill on that page maxed out.

Erunen
03-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Melee weapons you could keep. I would like to have the option of using a knife/sword/hammer/alien super-club as opposed to a second gun.

I know there is a melee button, but having an energy blade or some such that you could choose would be fun for me.

Ronan DEx
03-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Melee weapons you could keep. I would like to have the option of using a knife/sword/hammer/alien super-club as opposed to a second gun.

I know there is a melee button, but having an energy blade or some such that you could choose would be fun for me.

I believe at later stages in the game there is weapons with melee attachments such as bayonets. (Im not sure if this is a mod slot, or something the weapon comes with, but they are there I believe and it does increase the melee damage done etc and has its own animations)

Erunen
03-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I believe at later stages in the game there is weapons with melee attachments such as bayonets. (Im not sure if this is a mod slot, or something the weapon comes with, but they are there I believe and it does increase the melee damage done etc and has its own animations)

That would be super sweet. I was only able to participate in the last beta event, so I didn't make it too far.

sp00s
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
FOV slider and the ability to rotate the camera so I can actually see myself. Maybe ALT to enter mouse mode or something. (Unless there was something like this I missed)

Orastes
03-27-2013, 05:47 PM
A quick swap function to allow swapping between loadouts

ANTI
03-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Agreed with everything said here, except for the loadout swaps and addition of more skills. Swapping loadouts already only takes a few button clicks. The point is to not allow you to have immediate access to all your abilities, perks, and weapons so you cannot easily be a one man army.

Personally, I would like to see a cleaner inventory and to be able to mark looted items as junk and have a 'sell all junk' option at vendors. I got really tired of having to sort thru every item in my inventory when it got full and had to hit up a vendor.

But a major addition that is imperative for me is optimized voice chat in pvp and the option to mute it. If they are gonna to have speak-to-talk the default coupled with the super bad audio quality of the voice chat as they did in beta, then the only way I will ever touch the pvp is when they add a mute function. Over the last beta I started raging out of pvp games, not because of poor teams or grenade launcher spam etc. but because of the horrible audio distortions from poorly implemented voice chat. Or because of the guy playing annoying music in the background that his mic is generously transmitting. Or the overly enthusiastic kid giving everyone a play by play shoutcast of his entire game despite my best efforts in telling him to "s t f u" thru text chat. I am far more a pvper than pve'er, so having a quality pvp experience is a large concern for me. But if the beta voice chat is any indication of what to expect from the voice chat at launch, than this will be a purely pve experience for me until they fix it.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 05:49 PM
so, if you could have anything else in Defiance what would it be?

An option to pre-load digital downloads at least two days before launch.

sp00s
03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
A quick swap function to allow swapping between loadouts

I agree with this as long as there is restrictions, like out of combat for 10 seconds or something.

rizzilio
03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
A push to talk button so I don't hear coughing/other people's kids screaming in the background as I try to PvP.

terkwashere
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
A legit chat system that isn't garbage.

Camera swap (or left-handedness, or both - hell, we have an EGO system, surely they can make us ambidextrous!)

And let me download the game now so I can spend my whole Tuesday making things DEAD!

Guyonbench
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Meh, motercycles would be nice. Guess Im one of the few people out there who doesnt have a problem with most of the features as is.

Nexxa
03-27-2013, 11:29 PM
A better chat system (this killed DCUO for some... me included), the ability to holster my weapon, a walk toggle, and the ability to move my camera all the way around. Great game already but toss these in and it'd be pretty much perfect in my eyes.

Slooty
03-28-2013, 12:13 AM
First Person playstyle option

Fiancee
03-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Space done right, its always fun to piss off EA/SWTOR, if they go that route, maybe even add some special planets laters. I think it'd be sooo fun, if there was some big ships (for guilds..) multiple guns, then some 1 person ships, 2 person ships etc. Maybe even some resource gathering stuff. Why not even boarding to enemy ship.

HelixNL
03-28-2013, 05:01 AM
A new kind of weapon that really looks alien, like the infector but then different or something floating like the BMG.
Like i had a shotgun which looked amazing as it didn`t look like any other human shotgun and i wish there were more like these kind of weapons.

Zraxus
03-28-2013, 05:10 AM
gambling - scrip to 'chips', gamble with chips. buy weapon skins, cosmetic items, vehicles etc with 'chips'. chips cant be traded back to scrip. cards, dice, whatever they like.

shooting competitions - timed range event or moving targets etc. give rewards weekly based on performance. many options being missed here.

all those fluff ideas are great, id like to see gameplay expanded. happy with the game as it is, but things like this will give it more longevity

Saraya
03-28-2013, 05:19 AM
A development team that has some involvement with the community..or at least some moderators who could take ten minutes to amalgamate all the redundant and silly threads about the same subject.

Oh you meant in-game.

I agree with this as long as there is restrictions, like out of combat for 10 seconds or something.

Why? Currently you can swap in out of any loadout instantly with no penalty. All it takes is to open the menu (which can be keybinded...) and toggle your loadout.

This is not hindering performance or effectiveness - it's not adding any sort of barrier to the game becoming too easy.
It's merely an annoyance that provides a hiccup in the overall flow of the game play.

It's similar to another game where you have a horse, yet you can't talk to NPCs because you're on the horse.
What's the difference? Why make someone dismount, talk and then remount?

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 05:23 AM
i'll mirror wanting to beable to look at my own toon. i do banners and videos for my guild and we like to have group shots for every game.

beyond making the menus/menu system half decent, i'd also like to see invite to group from guild roster, guild bank, personal bank, trade post, less obfuscated inventory.

always always more outfits to obtain both through game play and the cash shop. vehicles to collect beyond just recolours and reskins. being able to let my friend drive my truck if he doesn't have a 2 seater(since i can get in passenger side anyway).

option for centralized HUD.

hopefulyl phase and instance match making will be in a better state as well. not being able to do missions together randomly during beta was pretty meh. although sometimes doing missions completely solo was funner than doing them in a zerg of random strangers.

bolt action rifles that zoom to where you point and don't move where you are aiming after reload might be nice too. decoy power that doens't teleport you through geometry. also reduced rewards for failed arkfalls. maybebuff mob exp too so it's not so utterly marginal that you avoid unnecessary mobs as a rule.

also ofc proper standard pc game gfx options, proper bind menu where everything is bound. esc bringing up the ego wheel at the very least(spent so much time telling people how to exit the game or how to get to x or y menu on the weekend). decent chat stuff. mute voip option that actually works and sticks. options that stick to where you set them between sessions, prntscrn taking screen shots, or at the very least allowing me to paste to winpaint.

Saraya
03-28-2013, 05:27 AM
i'll mirror wanting to beable to look at my own toon. i do banners and videos for my guild and we like to have group shots for every game.

Ugh please don't. TRION has made this game quite unapologetic to socialite attitudes and people who live their avatars a bit too much.
It's a no nonsense RPG elemented shooter that doesn't stop to worry about the fluff that other MMO type titles do.

If you can't give one or two good reasons why you should have a full camera system for COMBAT, then why would you think you'd get one for making Youtube videos?

always always more outfits to obtain both through game play and the cash shop. vehicles to collect beyond just recolours and reskins.

Again, the fluff. Who cares, no one is stopping to look at you, and who looks at themselves?

I liked everything else you said - make sure to feedback it when the game launches.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Ugh please don't. TRION has made this game quite unapologetic to socialite attitudes and people who live their avatars a bit too much.
It's a no nonsense RPG elemented shooter that doesn't stop to worry about the fluff that other MMO type titles do.

If you can't give one or two good reasons why you should have a full camera system for COMBAT, then why would you think you'd get one for making Youtube videos?

Again, the fluff. Who cares, no one is stopping to look at you, and who looks at themselves?

I liked everything else you said - make sure to feedback it when the game launches.

fluff is a big part of mmo's, and it's obviously a big part of this game. did you miss the cash shop in beta or the preorder bonuses?

no nonsense rpg elemented shooter mmo? are you kidding me?

also live my avatar? i like to have an avatar that looks good. welcome to mmo's bro. non mmo games do this sometimes/often as well. what does that have to do with me wanting to do group shots for my guild? what do you think this is? as single player game? if the look and personalization of the avatar wasn't important, the game would be fps and not have any character creation options like ps2. and even in ps2 there's cosmetic fluff to kit our your look.

Blackfall
03-28-2013, 05:46 AM
I'd add a Preload feature. Just sayin'.

Saraya
03-28-2013, 05:51 AM
fluff is a big part of mmo's, and it's obviously a big part of this game. did you miss the cash shop in beta or the preorder bonuses?

no nonsense rpg elemented shooter mmo? are you kidding me?

also live my avatar? i like to have an avatar that looks good. welcome to mmo's bro. non mmo games do this sometimes/often as well. what does that have to do with me wanting to do group shots for my guild? what do you think this is? as single player game? if the look and personalization of the avatar wasn't important, the game would be fps and not have any character creation options like ps2. and even in ps2 there's cosmetic fluff to kit our your look.

I think you misunderstand. We all get what MMOs have devoled to, but studios like Trion and Red 5 have looked at that and decided a change was needed.

Here's how the big wig meeting went :

"We want to move in a new direction. We've got lots of ideas that in all honesty should have been implemented to the market years ago!"
"Why weren't they?"
"People weren't ready."
"And they are now? How do you know? Sell it to me."
"Players are tired of being spoon fed, tired of the carrot and stick and tired of the typical development attitude that we're here just to enslave them with addiction and take their money"
"Well, that is actually what I want you to do"
"No, because we want to make it about game play, action and entertainment value. We aren't interested in accommodating and feeding the MMO mantra of social etiquettes."
"Sorry, what?"
"Basically, you're fired, we're doing our own PR"

"Well that went smooth.."
"Are we realling giving the finger to all the socialites?"
"Pretty much.."
"But..won't we lose sales?"
"Nah, we'll let give them a couple of features like a handful of pre-defined character faces, few outfits and some paint/dye options"
"Will that be enough?"
"Sure, because the rest of the game, the actual game will be awesome"

You'll have to excuse them for dropping features that have no purpose other than to let people be vane - they were focusing on tangible and worthwhile aspects of the product.

Raine_Sheppard
03-28-2013, 05:55 AM

Yeah, actually...I care, and judging by the fact that you've had others mention it to gain your response in the first place, other people care too. Fluff is awesome in my books. I'm not saying you're wrong in your point of view, or that I disapprove of your opinion. Heck no! You play this as you wish. But I am saying that not everyone is following your mindset as well, and that some...not all, but some wish to have these additional pieces of fluff to trick out their rides, characters (avatars), weapons and such.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 06:00 AM
I think you misunderstand. We all get what MMOs have devoled to, but studios like Trion and Red 5 have looked at that and decided a change was needed.

Here's how the big wig meeting went :

"We want to move in a new direction. We've got lots of ideas that in all honesty should have been implemented to the market years ago!"
"Why weren't they?"
"People weren't ready."
"And they are now? How do you know? Sell it to me."
"Players are tired of being spoon fed, tired of the carrot and stick and tired of the typical development attitude that we're here just to enslave them with addiction and take their money"
"Well, that is actually what I want you to do"
"No, because we want to make it about game play, action and entertainment value. We aren't interested in accommodating and feeding the MMO mantra of social etiquettes."
"Sorry, what?"
"Basically, you're fired, we're doing our own PR"

"Well that went smooth.."
"Are we realling giving the finger to all the socialites?"
"Pretty much.."
"But..won't we lose sales?"
"Nah, we'll let give them a couple of features like a handful of pre-defined character faces, few outfits and some paint/dye options"
"Will that be enough?"
"Sure, because the rest of the game, the actual game will be awesome"

You'll have to excuse them for dropping features that have no purpose other than to let people be vane - they were focusing on tangible and worthwhile aspects of the product.

that's quite the fantasy you have going on there bro.

the cut down social options (like text chat being crap) are more a case of consolitis and cheaping out than a case of giving the finger to anyone.

BlackTalons
03-28-2013, 06:21 AM
I want a treasure hunting/ruin scavenging open world activity, so I can go nuts exploring every single inch of walkable terrain in the game and make a profit out of it.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM
I'd add a Preload feature. Just sayin'.

preload's ready from what I see

ironhands
03-28-2013, 06:55 AM
can't say it this is there or not, since it's not released, but I'd like to have reasons to bring people back to the "older" zones so there will always be people everywhere, instead of all hanging out in the final zones.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 06:56 AM
preload's ready from what I see

if you can log into the launcher, you may have the beta launcher. apparently at first that's where the link was pointing, and it was changed soon after.

someone in the upper forum posted the version numbers of each launcher so you can check your launcher ver against that post.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Why? Currently you can swap in out of any loadout instantly with no penalty. All it takes is to open the menu (which can be keybinded...) and toggle your loadout.

The problem is that you have to bring up the menu, and it can be jarring. Having a button doing it, with a cooldown or something, would eliminate the advantage of effectively having 4+ weapons equipped at once, while keeping the immersion going and response to current threats. It's a real pain to have to open the menus during an arkfall event, but doable, but it ruins the immersion and makes it really confusing afterwards.

Maybe have it instantly drop your shields, or lock the loadouts in closed PvP, we'll see if it changes. I would assume that there will be a lot of UI changes for the PC end in the next month, once they've finished all of the launch issues and any other serious bugs.

Kadirra
03-28-2013, 07:26 AM
I'd like to see exploration rewarded a bit more, but less in the 'get an achievement for discovery' style, but more in the fashion of finding treasure in chests, or lockboxes, or under benches, or whatever. Just finding cool stuff out in the world people abandoned or died near, etc. Finding some dead guy on a hilltop with a lootable sniper rifle next to him, or mod that can be salvaged from it. I'd want these things to be lootable by everyone at any given time, once per character. It wouldn't even necessarily need to be an item, but just money in some guy's pocket or stashed in a tree trunk.

I'd like to have something that rewarded being observant. I don't need 'jumping puzzles', but finding a hidden passage somewhere that leads to somewhere you can kill a mob and get some nice chance at loot from it would be interesting. Or uncovering some treasure by following a map. Anything, really. I'd like to see this sort of thing. :)

UC xVADERx
03-28-2013, 07:37 AM

This is true! I bought the specific stock mod for my pistol that does extra melee damage, but instead of putting a stock on it.. it put a bayonet under the barrel. The little thing was awesome!

RawrKitty
03-28-2013, 07:44 AM
melee weapons.
melee weapons.
MELEE WEAPONS.

preferably ones that i can synergize with cloak and stab/slash people from said cloak.

dropping on somone with any kind of energy sword, or even a standard dagger and then pulling a shotgun to finish them off would make me a happy panda.

even if the melee takes up a standard weapon slot id go for it.

Enigma
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
I want a treasure hunting/ruin scavenging open world activity, so I can go nuts exploring every single inch of walkable terrain in the game and make a profit out of it.

THIS. My life would be almost complete with this.

Primal Exile
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
A cover system.

If I could add a second it would be an Open World Bounty System for PvP and PvE.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:37 AM
A cover system.

If I could add a second it would be an Open World Bounty System for PvP and PvE.

Bounty would be awesome, so long as it was confined to open PvP zones or required an opt-in. I'd hate for someone to put a bounty on me and I had no way to prevent it. Then again, I'd only end up losing a little scrip and some possible inconvenience. There's also the issue of friendly-fire. If I was in an arkfall with a bounty, would other players be inadvertently shooting me, and triggering themselves into PvP mode?

technophebe
03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Another type of vehicle that's a mutant animal cross like the Pows (pig + cow = pow), a mix of pony and bear.

They're called Bronies ^^

Archangel
03-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Another type of vehicle that's a mutant animal cross like the Pows (pig + cow = pow), a mix of pony and bear.

They're called Bronies ^^

If i saw a bunch of Jabronies riding around i would have to smell what the Rock is cooking.

And i dont care to smell that very much.

Ngamok
03-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Lean so I can quick shoot guys around a corner and duck back fast.

Ralph
03-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't cry about a few more game modes, like CTF.
I'd also like to see the arena style events give different rewards than the same thing you get for following the quest/story lines.
I agree with the "lean" and "prone" comments from earlier, and with the "sell trash" vendor option.
Last, and I can only base this on Beta, is I'd like to see some named mobs that drop specific items. I'm talking Raid style stuff, or progressive style questing.

Ok...One more. Selectable voice modes. I want to be able to use PTT, hot mic, or mute the voice chat. There are always *******es that I just don't want to listen to, and times where I have a lot of background noise I don't want to subject my comrades to.

aeshec
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
More social tools (i.e. expanded chat functionality, expanded voice options, quick-teaming options, etc).

Eveie
03-28-2013, 11:52 AM
The ability to crit a mod when using the salvage matrix.

Ralph
03-28-2013, 12:48 PM
I totally forgot about tradeskills. How sweet would it be to make your own sniper rifle, or roll in the wheels you made. If Van ****** can make stuff with arkfall, why not us?