PDA

View Full Version : Online Pre-Order to play at Midnight and Ultimate Edition Box on the same account?

Snow1938
03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Redacted ----

ANTI
03-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Link verifying you can play starting at midnight?

My understanding is the game won't be going live until the time you mentioned on April 2nd, no matter where you purchased.

Snow1938
03-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Redacted ----

Snow1938
03-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Redacted ----

Mantus
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
dont worry about names, this game works similar to cryptic games. You do have to pick a unique handle, but character names are not unique.

Komakala
03-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Game doesn't go live until 8am PDT, so even though some may have a "midnight" release they can't play it till later.

TheFlash
03-27-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm also planning on buying a version to play immediately and a boxed copy to be delivered later. I PMed Sledgehammer70, the community manager, directly about the matter to ask whether I could apply all the bonuses to one account, but retain both copies of the game (i.e. all bonuses from both preorders on one account, barebones copy of the game on another). He said this should be possible, since bonuses are on a separate code from the game.

I'm still not entirely convinced that some bonuses are not tied to the specific game key. Nevertheless, his answer necessarily implies that bonuses will stack. On top of this, I have seen him specifically state on the forums that preorder bonuses from different purchases will stack so long as those purchases are all for the same platform. I don't have a link for you, but I'm 99% sure you'll be okay.

Sledge is good about responding to PMs as he is able, so you can always PM him yourself.

Zeero
03-28-2013, 12:14 AM
dont worry about names, this game works similar to cryptic games. You do have to pick a unique handle, but character names are not unique.

in beta3 i get the answer(i have tried "standard" Names like Nova)that the name is already in use!

Strontium Dog
03-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Never known an mmo to go live at midnight unless its a special event.

Certainly most main stream ones didnt . But then I guess using international timeline you can be somewhere in the world at midnight at any given time :p

Still an 8PST time for me and my fellow brits means we can get delivery of any hard copies, install and still have time for some work and lunch, get some play in before servers break and drop for launch day patch, while we are asleep :D

Snow1938
03-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Redacted ----

Harsk
03-28-2013, 04:56 AM
I'm sorry but is it wrong to have a chuckle at people who put so much effort and worry into such a small insignifigant thing?

Snow1938
03-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Redacted ----

Snow1938
03-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Redacted ----

Evengale
03-28-2013, 05:18 AM
-- Deleted --

Harsk
03-28-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm sorry but is it wrong to have a chuckle at people who can't enjoy the little things in life?

Like anticipation? =)

Harsk
03-28-2013, 05:24 AM
FYI for you over here in the states most major MMO's have had a midnight launch and even non- MMO games typically have a midnight launch and stores staying open or re opening just to sell hotly anticipated games.
I am sorry that over in the UK you don't get the same chance for midnight launches since they can be a real blast to have access to immediately.

Um, not really... Only the largest stores would open at midnight for only very specific releases and only in very specific markets.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 06:15 AM
servers going live at midnight EST or PST is not uncommon. not standard but not uncommon. not necessarily tied to midnight retail sales of games.

wow expacks for example go live at midnight PDT for NA accounts.

anyways OP: you'd have to ask customer support. and even then you'd be out the cost of the preorder which is more of a prepurchase. you don't get a seperate purchse code from the one you get right a way, you buy the game you get one code for the game, and if you bought DDE i believe you get another code for the DDE upgrade.

Blackfall
03-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Um, not really... Only the largest stores would open at midnight for only very specific releases and only in very specific markets.

Walmart's open 24/7 bro ;) They are stocking these at midnight in most locations, and our particular walmart is even serving cupcakes. Yeah, cupcakes.

Aldinach
03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
i dunno if this was said cause i stoped reading but to solve ur name picking problem just have ur friends make toons with the names u and ur wife want then when u can play they can just delete them. if this doesnt make since an not on topic at all....you saw nothing ;

MacDeath
03-28-2013, 07:33 AM
It was an assumption. I've never known an MMO that did not go live at midnight on launch day, and I've played quite a few. (not all of course) Reading through the forums I suppose there is still alot of speculation on this.

A Trion Forum moderator posted this claiming a midnight EST launch is anticipated. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8916-Actual-quot-Launch-quot-Time&p=107094&viewfull=1#post107094)

My questions still stands even though an official announcement has not been made. Can multiple pre-order codes and game cd keys be applied to the same account to stack rewards including potentially granting earlier access should the game go live at midnight or will attempting to enter a second code simply give an error or even remove the prior code?

Edit: Added emphasis to the link above since people appear to be missing it below.
First of all, it wasn't a forum mod who posted that. It was the Community Manager. And he didn't actually say a midnight launch is 'anticipated'. He said, "I am fairly sure we will aim for a US EST launch. So 9:00pm PDT and midnight EST". You've taken that to mean a midnight launch is anticipated. I take it to mean that if Trion / MS / Sony can get all the ducks lined up there MIGHT be a midnight launch.

RIFT, Trion's other MMO launched at 8 AM Pacific time.

TheFlash
03-28-2013, 07:36 AM
i dunno if this was said cause i stoped reading but to solve ur name picking problem just have ur friends make toons with the names u and ur wife want then when u can play they can just delete them. if this doesnt make since an not on topic at all....you saw nothing ;

To the OP, this is an excellent alternative, if you have friends willing to help. They can't save you a good handle, unfortunately. Only good names. :/

Does anyone know if the handles we chose in beta and attached to our account will carry over, or will we need to choose new handles for live? Handles seems like it could be an account thing where names are a game version thing.

IGears
03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
First of all, it wasn't a forum mod who posted that. It was the Community Manager. And he didn't actually say a midnight launch is 'anticipated'. He said, "I am fairly sure we will aim for a US EST launch. So 9:00pm PDT and midnight EST". You've taken that to mean a midnight launch is anticipated. I take it to mean that if Trion / MS / Sony can get all the ducks lined up there MIGHT be a midnight launch.

RIFT, Trion's other MMO launched at 8 AM Pacific time.

Yep, Sledge is a Community Manager.... like it says underneath his name... he also said that there will be an Official Announcement.

Evengale
03-28-2013, 08:25 AM
-- Deleted --

Archangel
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM

Character names are unique so you will want to be sure to get the names you want. I recommend creating multiple characters to save names then as DLC comes out with new races you can delete and recreate with new race.

TheFlash
03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Confirmation from Sledgehammer70 that items on the same platform stack between purchases:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?4602-Account-Items-Cross-Platform

For some reason, it took forever to find this again!:p

Evengale
03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
-- Deleted --

Strontium Dog
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
ON original question , if you apply the cd key of one version of the game to your account, then play and then add another cd key, the game would not know which game to login to surely? I don't think you would be able to *upgrade* the games status on your account that way.

However you should be able to add the pre order and collector codes if they came separately, thus just leaving you with one standard game cd key spare....if that makes sense.

TheFlash
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately, my guess is that a lot of the rewards are tied to the version of the game you order. So let's say you have purchased the standard edition, then pick up a collector's edition. There will be a separate code for preorder bonuses if you preordered somewhere else, but then you have a CE game key, and tied to that game key are all the rewards for CE. So if you apply the CE to your Trion account, rather than being confused, Trion will simply adjust your status to CE. If you then ordered the UE, it would upgrade your account to UE rewards. Its all the same account, so there's no confusion about for the game. The key is not tied to physical media, so what physical media is present also should not matter.

Snow1938
03-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Redacted ----

Valethar
03-28-2013, 08:01 PM
For those that have said it will NOT launch at midnight think again.
12:01am EDT launch time!!!

Technically, regardless of what time it launches in, it will be midnight somewhere in the world. :)

Herbfiend
03-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Not to be all negative nancy about the launch time but he said he thinks they are going to try and shoot for that time in the post it isn't anything offical and to stay tuned for more info in an offical post.

That said the game launcher says 8am april 2nd is launch time but it doesn't state time zone

Fiontar
03-28-2013, 10:48 PM
So my wife and I both pre-ordered the exclusive PC Ultimate Collector' Editions at our local GameStop, but we will not be able to get this until 10:00am CST long after the game goes live and alot of the good names are taken not to mention our friends will be long ahead of us by that time. We both want to be able to play at midnight when the game launches so we have a shot at our preferred gamer tags, character names, and to join our friends.

So here is my question; if we do an additional pre-order on say Steam for example, will our account accept both pre-order codes and award us the benefit of both the Steam Pre-Order in addition to the gamestop pre-order code already entered and the Ultimate Collector's Edition game cd-key once we enter that code later in the day as well?

I know it is like a curse word, but Blizzard's Warcraft worked this way for those ordering the collector's edition and it would be nice to have confirmation Defiance will as well before dropping another $120 for the two of us to be able to start playing at midnight just to receive an error when attempting to enter our ultimate codes later.

Anyone claiming that you can enter both codes, please either reference where you got your information or let me know how you came into this knowledge (e.g., you've entered multiple codes for access to all the exclusive weapons). Any help would be awesome with launch just around the corner!

__________________________________________________ __________________

Answers to my questions above:
Located on the Forums posted 03/19/2013 by a forum moderator/community manager (same thing folks)
--Forum Link (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?4602-Account-Items-Cross-Platform)--

From Trion GM_Drago;

For those more worried about the release time than my question regarding multiple pre-orders on one account I provide the following reference;

Located on the Forums posted 03/27/2013 by a forum moderator/community manager
--Forum Link (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11145-Whyyyyyyyyyy/page4&highlight=game+launch)--

Thanks to those who stayed on topic and constructively contributed. I'm sure others who may reference this later will be glad for the information as I am.

To those who nit-picked trivialities which had nothing to do with the topics at hand... :mad: and :confused:... enough said.

The first two citations are contradictory. The first says you can pre-order more than one copy and stack the bonuses if from separate retailers with separate pre-order offers, the other says only if they are separate editions. That's a big difference! The first statement implies someone could buy three $60 editions for three sets of pre-order bonuses, the second implies that you'd need to buy the standard, collector's and deluxe for a total of $260 to do so? Also, what constitutes a different edition? Is a digital edition a separate edition from a physical copy of the same tier?

We really need some clarity here.

Snow1938
03-29-2013, 03:29 AM
Redacted ----

Strontium Dog
03-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Wonder what happens when one cancels and goes with say steam after entering the pre order code from likes of Amazon. The email with pre order codes states that these codes are for the pre order items (think it states 4 items but its really 5 ), as well as the beta key.

So I have my amazon code entered on my account already but its not been sent yet so if i change the order I will get another code etc from the next supplier.

dirtyklingon
03-29-2013, 06:49 AM
for those of you thinking you're clever by stacking different copies for more pre order bonuses like exp boosters and inventory slots...

you are ofc aware that boosters and inventory slots are in teh cash shop right?

adn that assuming that trion fixes the math we saw in beta, that prices should still be rather more reasonable than buying multiple copies of the game for the same items....

as for the weapons, they will no doubt be replaced rather quickly, which is pretty much par for the course for such items. there's also no skin swapping/reskinning of items, so it's kinda pointless to lust after them for cosmetic reasons even if they do look cool.