-insane salvage costs
-Bunny hoping
-miserable economy
-nonsocial
-cloak = win. Period.
-instability in servers
-innumerable bugs
-syphon or nothing
-weak unusable guns/ monstrously over powered guns (there is no "rock, paper, scissors")
-terrible physics
-player support
-crappy customization
-story holes
-repetition
-cheating/glitching/exploiting is not only tolerated but encouraged?
-no motivation
-Content severely lacking
-infectors, infectors, infectors, seriously what were you thinking? I hope someone got flogged.

Long time player and supporter but it's getting ridiculous, pvp alone has brought me no end of torment.(I can already hear the "I told you so's" lol) did I miss anything?

A s0t
07-16-2013, 06:13 PM
nerfing the guns constantly

why is a rocket launcher less powerful than a pistol?

the forums are more fun than the game

map is slow to load (xbox) anywhere near an arkfall

jbob spittlewop
07-16-2013, 06:27 PM
nerfing the guns constantly

why is a rocket launcher less powerful than a pistol?

the forums are more fun than the game

The first two fall under the weak unusable/ monstrously over powered guns point. The forums are kind of more fun, lmao.

D_man535
07-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Get a life, play a different game, stop whining, you probably never played beta, your probably have a low ego, i hope a moderator closes the thread, end of discussion.

Renfield
07-17-2013, 10:04 AM
See comments below...

[QUOTE=jbob spittlewop;1020346]-insane salvage costs
-Bunny hoping Aim higher
-miserable economy Agreed
-nonsocial Definitely a weak spot with this game
-cloak = win. Period. I find that overcharge and blur are as good if not better than cloak. Get some defensive perks so that the cloakers don't one shot you, and move erratically
-instability in servers I've had some bad days, but overall stability has been decent for me
-innumerable bugs
-syphon or nothingthere's plenty of people in other threads who swear by other nanos - radiation, fire, electric, all have their enthusiasts.
-weak unusable guns/ monstrously over powered guns (there is no "rock, paper, scissors") Can't disagree with this
-terrible physics
-player supportMy experience with support was good when I had a problem. More dev involvement in the forums would be welcome
-crappy customization
-story holes
-repetition
-cheating/glitching/exploiting is not only tolerated but encouraged? How so?
-no motivation
-infectors, infectors, infectors, seriously what were you thinking? I hope someone got flogged. Some tweaking is certainly in order IMO, particularly with the Immunizer, but I don't think that they're as OP as most people make them out to be. Some of the best PvPers that I know use LMG's, AR's, SMG's and SG's

Long time player and supporter but it's getting ridiculous, pvp alone has brought me no end of torment.(I can already hear the "I told you so's" lol) did I miss anything?[/QUOTE

a2thelee
07-17-2013, 10:25 AM
I haven't played in about 2-3 weeks but still check the forums to see if this thing is getting any better. Crapped out around EGO 1500 after my fourth playthrough.

I'll be checking if the DLC is worth getting but won't be holding my breath. The only thing I wanted was a map expansion which we're apparently not getting. As to the laundry list of issues the OP had with this game: A decent amount I agree with (economy, lack of social aspect, and some wacky weapon stats like rocket launchers being among the weakest in the game) and some I disagree with (Servers were always stable after the first week of launch for me).

Still fun to see some fanboys blindly defending this game, though. It's not as good as you think.

dbcameron
07-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I would also like to know how they encourage glitching/cheating, do you mean they aren't severe enough with punishment, or is it something else?

We need Far more options for customization. The options need to rain from buckets I say.

I don't use cloak in PvP, I use decoy. That being said, Batman Impostors had a great solution, while in cloak you had to lower your gun, dropping cloak and bringing your gun out had as much as a two second delay. Two seconds for your opponent to notice you and react if you chose the wrong opportunity to drop cloak. Brilliant solution to an ability that is completely overpowered. There was also a slight smoky shimmer effect when you passed by, it was neigh invisible not invisible.

Looking for a good assassin VOT blast rifle with Radiation. Far more reliable in my experience then syphon. Syphon only ever procs when I'm already dead.

I'm willing to give them two DLCs to give them time to deal with story holes lack of content and the repetition issues. But I'm a very patient man. I gave Bethesda through Skyrim to fix their issues with bugs. I'm hoping I don't get the same outcome.

Bugs are a process, they're getting better slowly and surely, but then again I am a patient man. Three months later and we have something that is largely playable with out major issue.

Infectors, lol, yeah I hope someone got flogged. and then for good measure they should flog the floggers for not being more enthusiastic. I am also biased I hate the idea and I hate the sound they make. I also have a phobia of needles. Again biased.

Indra Echo
07-17-2013, 01:10 PM
-insane salvage costs
-Bunny hoping
-miserable economy
-nonsocial
-cloak = win. Period.
-instability in servers
-innumerable bugs
-syphon or nothing
-weak unusable guns/ monstrously over powered guns (there is no "rock, paper, scissors")
-terrible physics
-player support
-crappy customization
-story holes
-repetition
-cheating/glitching/exploiting is not only tolerated but encouraged?
-no motivation
-infectors, infectors, infectors, seriously what were you thinking? I hope someone got flogged.

Long time player and supporter but it's getting ridiculous, pvp alone has brought me no end of torment.(I can already hear the "I told you so's" lol) did I miss anything?

I wanted to reply to you and I mean all of this LOOOOOOOOONG post with all due respect. No insult or animosity of any kind intended. You raise good points but I do have some disagreement and maybe even some suggestions.

Your last point first. PvP sucks big time. It's not about skills, not about good players, though skilled and good players do play it. It's about cheap shots, insta-kills, Immunizers, and other more unsavory things that plague PvP even when it's at its best (darn few games fit this category). People need to get over themselves and realize that winning at all costs in PvP means less than nothing. In an hour it will be forgotten. In a day, in a week, a month, it won't matter. So it should be less about "I'm number 1" and more about having real fun while doing it. And real fun is best when it is an open and honest competition and challenge based upon skills, not glitching, exploiting, cheating, and using the OP combo of the week.

Insane salvage costs I believe are being scrutinized. They reduced remastery costs and if they do take suggestions here they may well look at all mod costs and salvage recovered for all weapons.

Bunny hoppers only hurt themselves and more often than not they go down just as easily as anyone else, even moreso because they are not hopping based upon what is happening. If I hop it's to get out of the way of something. These fools hop repeatedly and in a certain predictable rhythm. You could match idiotic hop for idiotic hop or just time your attacks. Yeah, I think they're stupid but I've also seen them in CoD games as well. Halo has done this to the gaming world.

Miserable economy? Well yeah so. I don't participate because I think the bartering/demanding and all that is a bit ridiculous-oh and the arguing/stealing/animosity it breeds. I also hate it when some player at level 100 complains they haven't seen any orange weapons yet or they get some rare item and don't know what it's worth and the vultures swoop in. People really need to remember it's a game.

Nonsocial, well not so much. Sure, I can see that for solo players but then that's kind of why people often go solo. They prefer PUGs for coop and PvP and don't care to finish out social pursuits so much. Or they join clans or add people as friends and well it becomes social. The social factors in the game-chat and all are hit or miss sometimes and do need fixing.

Cloak=win, well not really and not always. Depends on PvP or PvE. In PvE, some NPCs aren't really affected by cloak. In PvP experiences can vary. Yeah, I hate cloaked one hit/easy kill crap and the infinite cloak junk that is still going on. I hate that in PvE if I use cloak it obviously drops when I'm shooting so foes can see me, but in PvP it will not drop when other players are using it. But, I hate PvP in general so I hate just about everything most people do in it. It's incredibly flawed but then so is the PvP in just about every other game I've played. I use Overcharge in PvP, and often do use a SAW and if I use an Infector it's likely to be a Canker. But I will also use a Northstar Flare, even a Clustershot, or a Courier, or whatever because I get bored with one setup and I only change to an Immunizer when I get fed up with Immunizer use in a game. Especially Freightyard. I so dislike it when someone can sit over on a hill where they can't even be seen and shoot you from 1/4 of the map away and kill you in about 5 shots. Yes, that's so amazing and skillful. I'm in awe.

Instability in the servers-well, different phases seem more stable and fluctuations in your own connection can contribute. Can't do much about your own connection's fluctuations and honestly those same stability issues you point to exist in every online game I have played. Black Ops 2 was incredibly horrible and it was all but impossible to finish a match without it trying to migrate hosts or restart the match for everyone multiple times.

Bugs, yep this is an unspecified extra value in ALL games-lag, freezeups, framerate drop, graphical errors, audio drop off, missions that cannot be completed, falling through maps, infinite loading screens-sounds like Skyrim. Actually that's a pretty generic description for the multitude of games I've played in recent years, say ever since this gen console came on the market at least.

Syphon or nothing-not true. It's overused and overrated. It's also a crutch. The other nanos can be better, but Syphon is a more defensive nano with offensive capabilities, people like that kind of thing.

Well the next applies to weak or OP weapons and I think this is an area that is just not that well understood. I do agree there are some weapons with OP natures and others that are weak. I'm of the opinion that the reason Trion keeps "tweaking" them is to change things up. Sort of this idea-this week weapon A will be the weapon of choice, next week weapon B. I think they don't want us to only ever resort to one build-they don't want the game to devolve into what other games do. Often in other games everyone becomes the clone of everyone else. For this reason and others, we will never see a glut of orange assassin syphon SAWs with 3 bonuses. And that's a good thing. It's also good that those OP'ed weapons are soooo not necessary to succeed in this game. It's not about sheer weapon power, but rather more about the ability to outthink an opponent, except in PvP which is crap.

The weapon nerf/buff debate also boils down to this: those who complain about the nerfing have often relied upon the weapon strength to succeed. Except when anyone complained weapons were OP'ed, those same people would say the complainer just needed to get better and get some skills. Well, nerf their favorite toy and now they're worried they won't be quite so "skilled". That's not how everyone sees it, I know but it's obvious that many do. The truth comes out-skills should be important and just as much in PvP as in PvE. In fact, it shouldn't be that in PvP all you have to do is cloak, run, and shoot. No fun, no tactics, no real skill.

Physics-yeah I agree. I've played other games where actual physics in all things mattered. Heavy weapon, tank build-that meant you were well-protected but incredibly slow, couldn't roll quickly. There really should be no bunny hopping with Bonfires. People shouldn't hop with heavy weaponry. I mean, why is the mini-gun the only weapon in the game that has any limits due to size and weight?

Support, well I do disagree with you here. As with anything there will always be players that don't get the support they need, but it's all subjective and evidence of a problem is anecdotal. A happy customer may tell 5 people, an unhappy one will tell everyone. It's just like gossip at work. People don't gossip about how wonderful Mary the boss is, they gossip about how nasty Bob the technician is, or how stupid someone looked today, or how someone is having an affair. If it bleeds, it leads-people want to talk about the nasty.

Crappy customization-well again the game isn't about what people think it's about. People think it's about having the best weapon ever. And yet, I wouldn't want it to be or only few could succeed. As far as character or other customization, well I don't know. I do see a lot of different looking people-sure sometimes it's difficult when there are a lot of people, but when I see them I don't see many that look alike. And again, this is a shooter and not an RPG, so gun customization, character, and vehicle-those may be things we have to keep suggesting. If we do want more RPG elements then we can ask and see what happens. But this isn't Skyrim and we aren't necessarily going to be creating our own stew or making up new gizmos to put on our guns.

Story holes? I don't know what that means. But even so, again this is a shooter. I've played RPGs where the story should really really matter and yet there were holes you could fit the Earth through.

Repetition-have yet to meet a game without it and many are far worse. Grinding is a game feature that exists in every game released today. It is an enhancement that allows them to say "X hours of play time". Other games make you reach 50th prestige for the platinum ruby encrusted weapon of your choice. Maybe that's a thousand hours of play time to get the best super cool looking weapon ever just so you can what? Play that MP some more. MP that consists of 10 minutes of run, shoot, die, respawn, shoot, die, respawn, shoot, run, die, respawn. Wow that's not repetitious but wait you can get new content that features more maps to do the exact same GD thing. Give me skitterlings any day.

Cheating et al-welcome to the world of gaming. I don't think Trion encourages it at all so I don't know what you're referring to. But please do describe all the actions that other companies who have had way more opportunities to deal with this have taken. They've never done anything to stop this and in fact it's a dirty little secret that some of them include things that can be exploited or glitched as Easter Eggs in their games. If not, explain elevators in games. Explain the ability to climb inside rocks where you are invulnerable and can snipe. Explain certain inherent weapon abilities that should kill the shooter but don't and end up killing 4 opposing players standing next to him. Companies do allow lag switch and turbo controller use and yet they could stop it-they could make it so that odd lag or even repeat lag would kick that specific player out of the game. But game companies often introduce lag themselves in order to "equalize" matchmaking. They could do a lot of things like allowing players to specify why they think someone is cheating, and yet Trion is the only company I've ever seen that does this. You can report a player and specify exactly why and Trion can look and see if you are mistaken or correct.

Motivation--well if you expect a game to always give you this then you should get out more and just sit and observe things and learn patience within yourself. Entertain yourself with the small things. Games are meant to entertain sure but some games are not always fast-paced constant action. Just as with anything else there's a wall you may hit and at that point the motivation comes from within. You find things to interest you and to do to have fun. If you can't, do something else for the timebeing.

Content severely lacking. No, really it is not. I never had to pay more than my initial $60 for this game. For that I will have gotten over 700 hours of play time already. I compare that to other games that have 5 hours of SP and mind numbing hours of MP based upon just what you can stand until you head explodes due to the vacuum created. I have only every played a few other games that gave me over 30 hours of quality play and maybe 1 or 2 that gave me more than 100.

Infectors, I do agree. It's something I have yet to fully understand. One weapon type and specifically one main weapon, the Immunizer is truly a mess. No one weapon should have as many extremely powerful features that can only get better through modding. And I really don't want anyone telling me this is because people lack skills to counter it. No. If it's used as it should then someone can literally kill you before you even know where they are and even if you know where it's coming from you are likely to never see who's shooting. Well, and you're blinded, anyway. And well, you're taking repeat damage. And well, the weapon is homing in on you, even if you were cloaked. And well, those bugs that are killing you will jump to anyone near you, so the best thing to do is to run away from your teammates and die. And rolling doesn't really help. The only counter to it is running to get out of range, hope you are running away from that shooter you can't see. And to sometimes roll and change weapons to an equipped infector. That sometimes stops the bugs and removes the larva from your head.

You have every right and I do say every reason to feel as you do. As I say I've got over 700 hours in but then I do know I'm sort of totally disenchanted by the garbage games that are out there that could have been good and better than 5 hours of play time and that offer DLC Season Passes just so I can play another hour. I think Defiance has given me value for my money and a lot of fun. I have more to do and better yet, more that I want to do. That doesn't mean there aren't other things or other games that won't be calling my name.