PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Bonuses

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:07 PM
With all this nonsense of people cancelling and preordering.. What will happen with all the preorder bonuses? I originally ordered the UE edition for xbox but have now also ordered a standard copy for when my UE arrives..

I received an email shortly after from Amazon with the definitive preorder pack code..

I have not entered this code on my trion account as i am unsure of where my UE definitive code is..

Is this because that code is part of the same code i received and input into trion to access the beta?

Psyral
03-27-2013, 06:11 PM
I received that email too. I'm guessing it's the Amazon pre-order stuff?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623

Ambic
03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Pre-order on steam. We're half way to reward 2 almost. Just sayin :)

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
I received that email too. I'm guessing it's the Amazon pre-order stuff?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623

Yeah, thats the code i was given after i preordered the SE.. yet to receive one for ordering the UE unless it is included in the beta code..

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Pre-order on steam. We're half way to reward 2 almost. Just sayin :)

Reward 2? Im on Xbox so i dont think Steam is any good for me bro :)

Psyral
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
I've only pre-ordered the UE - and I got the mail at about 4pm today saying about the delay in release - but then I received the pre-order bonus at midnight tonight.

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:24 PM
I've only pre-ordered the UE - and I got the mail at about 4pm today saying about the delay in release - but then I received the pre-order bonus at midnight tonight.

Ermm.. I got the delay email.. Lemme check this new code email with the order number..

Edit: Ok so the email containing the preorder bonus IS from ordering the SE.. So where the hell is my UE preorder code :S

Psyral
03-27-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm starting to suspect Amazon may have lost the plot....... :)

Valethar
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
The code you got when you placed your pre-order was for the Beta only. Sledgehammer70 stated in another thread earlier this month that the bonus weapon/car codes had not even been printed and distributed to the retailers yet. The bonuses for the UE itself will be tied to a code in the UE box.

The ones you just got MIGHT be for the pre-order weapon/Challenger, but may also just be an automated email containing the Beta codes they were given originally. I'd go ahead and enter it anyway if you're going to put both the UE and that standard on the same account.

We might need to have Lance or Mathew stop back by and verify the pre-order bonus item issue again. By now they have probably been sent to the retailers, but I was under the impression that we'd get those items when we picked up our copy or via email when it shipped. I honestly don't think you'll have a problem entering it, even if it is an old Beta code that slipped out.

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:44 PM
The code you got when you placed your pre-order was for the Beta only. Sledgehammer70 stated in another thread earlier this month that the bonus weapon/car codes had not even been printed and distributed to the retailers yet. The bonuses for the UE itself will be tied to a code in the UE box.

The ones you just got MIGHT be for the pre-order weapon/Challenger, but may also just be an automated email containing the Beta codes they were given originally. I'd go ahead and enter it anyway if you're going to put both the UE and that standard on the same account.

We might need to have Lance or Mathew stop back by and verify the pre-order bonus item issue again. By now they have probably been sent to the retailers, but I was under the impression that we'd get those items when we picked up our copy or via email when it shipped. I honestly don't think you'll have a problem entering it, even if it is an old Beta code that slipped out.

In the small print is does read that if you order after the beta the ONLY code sent to you IS the definitive preorder code.. So now im a little confused on what this code is :/ the email just confirms it really.. Ill get it up 2 secs..

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:47 PM
So this is the email i received..

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.co.uk.

Your recent order 204-**** entitles you to a promotional code.

Your promotional code: ****-****-****-****-****

Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Thank you for pre-ordering Defiance from Amazon.co.uk. We've teamed up with Namco Bandai to offer you codes to download the Definitive Pre-order Pack. Please find redemption instructions below.

1. Please visit The Official Defiance Website: http://www.defiance.com/en/game/
2. Click 'Register' and enter your details to sign-up for a Trion Worlds account, selecting 'Xbox 360' as your platform where prompted.
3. Read the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy, and place a tick in the box to accept this information.
4. Click the 'Enlist' button.
5. You will then be registered for a Trion Worlds account and be automatically logged in.
6. Visit this page to redeem your code: https://defiance.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow
7. In the Apply New Code box, enter your 20 character code.
8. Click the 'Apply' button.
9. This does the following:
- Applies all of the pre-order elements to your Defiance account for use in-game at launch.
- Sends a code for Xbox LIVE via e-mail (this element will not happen immediately and may take some time).
10. Once you have your game on or after April 2, and when you receive your code, connect your Xbox 360 console to a broadband internet connection.
11. Sign in to Xbox LIVE from the Xbox Dashboard.
12. Press the Xbox Guide button and move to the Marketplace section.
13. Select Redeem Code. When prompted enter your code provided in the the Trion Worlds email.

This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.co.uk

To learn more about managing your orders on Amazon.co.uk, please visit our Help pages.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Prefer not to receive HTML mail? Click here.

ALVn
03-27-2013, 06:49 PM
This order number btw coincides with my SE preorder even though this means i should of already received my UE code..

Valethar
03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Hmm.. Perhaps they've received the codes at last. I'd definitely pop that rascal into your account page so you're ready to rock on release.

Assuming of course that you can actually get your copy, given the current fiasco that seems to be brewing with Namco Bandai at present.

ALVn
03-27-2013, 07:16 PM
It still doesnt explain where my UE definitive code is..

Valethar
03-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Good question. I have to wonder if that's related to the mess at Namco Bandai as well. If I recall from the other thread, isn't the 360 UE the one that's being delayed?

Might be worth asking Amazon when you could expect that particular code.

ALVn
03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Good question. I have to wonder if that's related to the mess at Namco Bandai as well. If I recall from the other thread, isn't the 360 UE the one that's being delayed?

Might be worth asking Amazon when you could expect that particular code.

Yes, its jus the XBOX UE Edition.. I will see if i can bring them up on it now..

Kyon
03-27-2013, 07:29 PM
I have a question, I selected PC when I made this account but I'm getting it on xbox now (PC got destoryed :/) and I've received the pre order code email from amazon for xbox UE. Will it matter if I type in the code for xbox even if my account is selected for PC as you have to do it on trion first?

ALVn
03-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Just got out of another chat with amazon and have instantly received the code i am owed for another definitive preorder pack :) Sorted it pretty quickly tbh :)

Psyral
03-27-2013, 07:54 PM
That's a result, at least :)

ALVn
03-27-2013, 07:56 PM
That's a result, at least :)

Just means i can hook my buddy up if he has to cancel his preorder with amazon if his ultimate isnt shipped tomorrow.. :)

ALVn
03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Also, just tried to input the last code they gave me.. Says the code has already been redeemed..

Does this mean that anyone that has already preordered of amazon and slapped their code in for the beta WILL also recieve the definitive bonuns pack as part of that initial beta code?

Edit: All sorted now :)

ValentineOmegaX
03-28-2013, 09:16 AM
So if I receive my xbox redeem code for the UE pre order bonuses by the 2nd then I take it I can use the SE and still receive my UE bonuses? If that it the case then what is stopping people cancelling their UE (As it is delayed by 10 days.) buying the SE and still sing the UE codes of which will be sent via email?

ALVn
03-28-2013, 09:20 AM
So if I receive my xbox redeem code for the UE pre order bonuses by the 2nd then I take it I can use the SE and still receive my UE bonuses? If that it the case then what is stopping people cancelling their UE (As it is delayed by 10 days.) buying the SE and still sing the UE codes of which will be sent via email?

Because that isnt the case.. If you preordered the UE and received a beta invite.. That is ALSO the same code which gives you the definitive pack bonus which is Amazon exclusive.. The extra bits for buying UE will come WITH the UE box..

ValentineOmegaX
03-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Right, gotcha.

Now I have to make a choice. Do I cancel my UE and buy the SE so I can play from day one or wait and then lag behind my friends that have ordered the SE until the UE shows up.

ALVn
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Right, gotcha.

Now I have to make a choice. Do I cancel my UE and buy the SE so I can play from day one or wait and then lag behind my friends that have ordered the SE until the UE shows up.

This is the general problem.. :/ its annoying because you save soo much money with the UE :/