PDA

View Full Version : Bank

Chuk
07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
I believe we could use a bank in the game i keep rumming out of room im my inventory.

KTCAOP
07-16-2013, 07:51 PM
XD. I just let things store up in my Claims. I have like 80 items in there by now. Most things from the floor really aren't picking up, well... not worth the time for me to salvage a few items and then pick them up XD

Orbital
Yes, some form of auction/trade outside of a forum post (c'mon) would be nice as well. Who wants to try and sift through all the posts to find the one specific mod that they are looking for or specific weapon w/ bonuses.

Solutha
Don't really need a bank but I would love some type of sort option. It kills me to have to scroll down 30-40 items to find what I am looking for. I would like to see a way to just list a certian type of weapon, just shields, or grenades.

teamshizzy
07-16-2013, 07:57 PM
I want some kind of extra storage, ideally, some kind of dweling, that would be awesome!

Escyos
07-16-2013, 08:23 PM
While we're at it why not have Ark Hunter Insurance, so every time you die you can just claim your scrip back.....

I am 100% against this, people should not be coddled like children, Defiance is real (or scifi real) and in a post-arkfall world I wager that something as secure as a bank is a high privilege and something that simply does not fit in with the rural Bay Area, maybe in New York but not here.

EDIT: I would be for it if there was like an 80% chance you get robbed and lost everything.

jbob spittlewop
07-16-2013, 08:46 PM
I would say a storage locker, the sci fi version of a chest. primarily I would like this as a way to store items I have yet to acquire the proper mods to, No sense mucking up my inventory with items I'm not even using. Or items I'm saving to open slots on. I can believe they didn't have this feature from day one, it's kind of absurd.

Colif
07-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Either an off character storage option, or at the very least, allow us to sort the inventory under sub headings, so we can just see the header for SMG etc without seeing all the weapons. That would reduce the scrolling immensely for me... i have 151 slots in bag, having to scroll through 140 of them to get to grenades is tedious.

Claims is ok, but I have 111 items in there now and really should do something about all my green grenades/shields.

Dr Love
07-17-2013, 02:49 AM
You should get more space for the vehicle you drive. The Basic should, lets say, give you 4 extra Slots. Then you can store your really prized stuff for use or trade later.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 03:29 AM
You should get more space for the vehicle you drive. The Basic should, lets say, give you 4 extra Slots. Then you can store your really prized stuff for use or trade later.

I don't quite understand, do you mean like its own storage space or just extra storage space? You do get more storage as you increase in level and you can buy more storage as necessary.

Nikoli
07-17-2013, 03:38 AM
They should have a storage system but don't think there going to do it when they have the option to BUY more slots. Which sux for us

Eva Alone
07-17-2013, 03:45 AM
If you don't have enough slots, don't keep any crap in your bags!

So there's no need for a bank!

Lollie
07-17-2013, 03:48 AM
If you don't have enough slots, don't keep any crap in your bags!

So there's no need for a bank!

I keep tons of crap in my bag. I just want a better organised place to put my crap.

Sanguinesun
07-17-2013, 03:50 AM
I believe we could use a bank in the game i keep rumming out of room im my inventory.

*Captain Jack Sparrow voice* Yes, but where's the rum? :D

Judgement Dave
07-17-2013, 05:29 AM
They should have a storage system but don't think there going to do it when they have the option to BUY more slots.
This.
And they're overpriced IMO.
They sell inventory slots as if the game is a true F2P and depends on a cash store for any revenue.

Judgement Dave
07-17-2013, 05:33 AM
I am 100% against this, people should not be coddled like children, Defiance is real (or scifi real) and in a post-arkfall world I wager that something as secure as a bank is a high privilege and something that simply does not fit in with the rural Bay Area, maybe in New York but not here.

Quite right.

The devs have done as much as they can to maintain the reality (or sci-fi reality) of carrying several cars and a hundred guns in my pockets. It'd totally ruin the illusion if they introduced some form of off-person private storage - be it bank or lockbox...

BTW Even if banks as we know them today wouldn't exist in the bay area, I'm sure that enterprising individuals like Varus would gladly accept scrip for a secure deposit box or locker.

Indra Echo
07-17-2013, 05:51 AM
XD. I just let things store up in my Claims. I have like 80 items in there by now. Most things from the floor really aren't picking up, well... not worth the time for me to salvage a few items and then pick them up XD

No matter how much inventory space I have I run out of room, but I still pick up everything I can-that way I build up salvage and scrip. If I could just keep myself from turning the salvage into keycodes for awhile I might actually get enough to open some mod slots. For a couple weapons I need something like 160k for a 3rd slot but my salvage is just under 200k and so I can't decide which one to mod.

The thing is there are indications that scrip and salvage and perhaps some new commodity (gulanite, unless that's salvage) will be of more use and more valuable with the DLC. I pick up everything. Sell some, salvage some.

By the way, even if they did add some sort of off-character storage, at some point they'd have to set limits on how much inventory you can keep. And I'd hope it would be better than what happened in Skyrim. People used storage chests in houses they bought or built and items they put in them disappeared-they seem to have fallen through the map.

I actually think they just need to create a better inventory system including categories and a holding area for new things, where you can decide to move things into your permanent inventory, or salvage them in bulk, or go and sell them. And it would be nice if you could go through all your items and place them in salvage in bulk and then select "breakdown".

Blondin
07-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Currently there is no need for a bank, if one day they introduce crafting, then ok, may be we need a bank or car trunk.

Lollie
07-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Currently there is no need for a bank

I need one so I can organise my things better. I don't like list mode inventories, I prefer a visual grid with icons that I can drag around freely to various slots.

If they cba giving us a more visual way to organise crap then they can at least give us a separate area (bank) so we can stash things we want to keep safely.

sean mann
07-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Salvage in bulk would be the best.

Maitreakow
07-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Salvage in bulk would be the best.

^^ THIS please

Kane
07-17-2013, 07:11 AM
preaching to the choir :)

Loooong time to wait for any UI improvements...be lucky they thought of a one by one salvage option...

General Sideboob
07-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!

PlagueSD
07-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Don't really need a bank but I would love some type of sort option. It kills me to have to scroll down 30-40 items to find what I am looking for. I would like to see a way to just list a certian type of weapon, just shields, or grenades.

You can already sort by ego level, item type, or item name. Just click on the headers. Want to sort so all the items you just picked up are together? Sort by Ego Level. I just wish the game remembered your sort settings.

*Edit: I think this only works for PC. Not sure if sorting is available for Xbox or PS3 versions.

Bob Blunderbust
07-17-2013, 03:53 PM
could we rob the bank?

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 04:13 PM
You can already sort by ego level, item type, or item name. Just click on the headers. Want to sort so all the items you just picked up are together? Sort by Ego Level. I just wish the game remembered your sort settings.

*Edit: I think this only works for PC. Not sure if sorting is available for Xbox or PS3 versions.

Yes we can, though the "order" isn't perfect. Level works by the best, but the "types" are... iffy at best. I really don't understand the organization.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 04:14 PM
could we rob the bank?

Such an action will require 10.000 bits. Then you can randomly select one mod or weapon to attempt to rob.

Satsuki
07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd really love player housing with storage. Both of course for sorting (currently carrying almost twenty Tier III mods for future use) but also to give more a sense of "living" there. As it is, we Ark Hunters are a giant mob of heavily armed homeless people stampeding all over Paradise.

BlackR3ap3r
07-17-2013, 09:59 PM

i agree but then trion would never get the $ from all the people buying the 15 slots over and over and over.......

X64
07-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Having a bank alone is ok.

Having an auction house...go to Diablo III and check out the Chinese economy.

Dr Love
07-17-2013, 11:57 PM
I don't quite understand, do you mean like its own storage space or just extra storage space? You do get more storage as you increase in level and you can buy more storage as necessary.

The storage is in the vehicle. You can only Change the gear when you are in the vehicle. I mean. I would have my gear in my runner too.