PDA

View Full Version : people be crazy.

acert assassin
07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Such were the days when people were happy to play defiance. but now those days are gone and there are only a few remaining that live to tell the tale of those days. the world of defiance has been taken over. new enemies have arisen from the ashes of annoyance making their complaints be heard one way or another. the first new enemy is the forum whiners. these spread a toxic and foul mood over the game of defiance. they simply look for a flaw to complain about. constantly whining and complain about overpowered guns being nerfed. when the few of the good old days of defiance come back to defend the game they are attacked with pointless comments saying they have not played the game. they complain about defiance not being a good MMO. the reason why defiance is supposedly a poor mmo is because it was never intended to be a fully fledged MMO. it has MMO aspects. it is not a MMO. the forum whiners are a powerful and annoying enemy, but we do not falter in the face of our enemies! we are the few that fight for what is right and good. we do not need DLC to play the game and have fun. if DLC is available, we wait diligently and without complaint.

I will stand with you if Supported. I will stand alone if not. But i will not give in to their evil ways. for I am one who will be Defiant!

Daholic
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
the first new enemy is the forum whiners. these spread a toxic and foul mood over the game of defiance. they simply look for a flaw to complain about.

Then enters the heroes, the forum fanboys! These spread joy, and love in their support of a game that in a matter of 3 months went from paltry to sub par. They simply love everything to cheer about.

Turantula
07-16-2013, 09:16 PM
There are still those of us who stand by the game. We ignore the forum whiners because they are not a people who can be reasoned with. No matter what you say you will be wrong, they will be right. Let them bicker and complain here, while we enjoy the game for what it is and what it will be. The game isn't even close to dead, servers are still full and pvp ques fast during peak times. They aren't keeping new ark hunters from joining the fight as I see new players daily (not re rolled charachters either). Those of us who enjoy the game will cintinue to do so; those that don't are entitled to their opinions.

HELL MAMA
07-16-2013, 09:38 PM
i played with my clan tonight and had a blast. no complaing,no crying just simple fun.

Indra Echo
07-16-2013, 09:41 PM
The thing is judging anything by those who complain with a slim reason to do so does a disservice to the other groups in the game. There are those with very valid complaints (a certain percentage who want things fixed that have broken the game for them-they want to play). There are those who by and large have a very playable and fun game-these are people that totally anger those who will complain about anything and nothing. And there are those that sit and patiently wait for MORE. This is true of all games.

What is so wrong about the random "I just hate everything" crowd is that those who need help often get lumped in with them. There are some who like to compare games to things they already like and they're not happy if other games are just different. For Defiance, some wanted WOW, some wanted CoD, some wanted I don't know Transformers. Some expected an MMORPG and will say "but it's an MMO" as if that means "RPG". Well, you can't make a game be what it's not.

The thing here is that some people do think those who like the game shouldn't and they feel it is their life's work to make others hate it. People aren't allowed to say they like it, aren't allowed to make reasonable and rational statements to counter random negativity. And the random negativity is not about wanting anything fixed. It's about trying to make others dislike the game.

And I do like the game. Yes, there are portions I don't like very much at all-I find PvP to be a pretty much broken experience. And some other things are not to my liking, but I'd be lying if I said that stuff makes me dislike the game or makes it unplayable. They don't. So they can call me what they will. I'd prefer the spam posts went away so that people who do need some help and want to get their questions answered or problems solved, and those who are having fun in the game, can be heard.

Turantula
07-16-2013, 09:41 PM
i played with my clan tonight and had a blast. no complaing,no crying just simple fun.

As it should be :)

Capattac
07-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I will stand with you Acert-assassin.

jbob spittlewop
07-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I have tried and tried since day one, stayed loyal. What is my reward? Not a damn thing. Nothing gets fixed, unimportant b.s. comes before game breaking exploits, wrong nerfs in wrong places, no reassurances or discussion, just "here's our list of b.s. from the new patch, look how inept we are". Hell, there isn't even a reason to play the game! No goal to strive for! They might as well have released this title on a freakin speak and spell! I'm not liking the direction they are taking this game, you reach a certain point and pvp is all there is, and pvp has been boned since day one. Thouroughly disgusted at this point, tired of trions empty promises, sick of people in the game, the veil is lifted now I see what all of the negativity was about.

Raver Wolfe
07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
I'll continue to stand by the game because I enjoy it. =)

Colif
07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Forums used to be where you go to get help or hints as to how to play the game better. Over time its become where people just go to complain. I am old school and use them to get hints etc, if i find a problem I report it in bugs section.

I have seen this all before, games get released with problems and since it takes time to fix some things, forums get restless and start saying the patch/dlc/fix will never be released (JC2 was like this) and laugh at anyone who believes game will ever be any good. I am patient, and some games need it. TDU2 was broken at launch but 1 year after launch it was how it should be... will defiance take that long? who knows. Age of Conan was limited at launch but after a year of patches it actually had an end game, maybe this game will be the same.

Turantula
07-16-2013, 10:46 PM
The thing is judging anything by those who complain with a slim reason to do so does a disservice to the other groups in the game. There are those with very valid complaints (a certain percentage who want things fixed that have broken the game for them-they want to play). There are those who by and large have a very playable and fun game-these are people that totally anger those who will complain about anything and nothing. And there are those that sit and patiently wait for MORE. This is true of all games.

What is so wrong about the random "I just hate everything" crowd is that those who need help often get lumped in with them. There are some who like to compare games to things they already like and they're not happy if other games are just different. For Defiance, some wanted WOW, some wanted CoD, some wanted I don't know Transformers. Some expected an MMORPG and will say "but it's an MMO" as if that means "RPG". Well, you can't make a game be what it's not.

The thing here is that some people do think those who like the game shouldn't and they feel it is their life's work to make others hate it. People aren't allowed to say they like it, aren't allowed to make reasonable and rational statements to counter random negativity. And the random negativity is not about wanting anything fixed. It's about trying to make others dislike the game.

And I do like the game. Yes, there are portions I don't like very much at all-I find PvP to be a pretty much broken experience. And some other things are not to my liking, but I'd be lying if I said that stuff makes me dislike the game or makes it unplayable. They don't. So they can call me what they will. I'd prefer the spam posts went away so that people who do need some help and want to get their questions answered or problems solved, and those who are having fun in the game, can be heard.

You are just like most of us that still actually play this game, we realize there are faults, make productive posts including suggestions on what to implement in-game to make things better, and get back to shooting the shtako out of things. This does not make us "fanboys" it makes us fans of game. These nay sayers cant seem to tell the difference. All I know is if I don't like something I dont play it or I dont do it. I know its a lot of unhappy people that have great suggestions to fix things, and I hope they continue to post. Those just full of hate and here for the soul purpose of trion bashing and hating players that enjoy the game just need to fade into black.

dbcameron
07-17-2013, 01:01 AM
I think the title sums up my thoughts better then I could.

People be crazy.

Honestly if I hated a game, I wouldn't play it, I wouldn't bother with the forums, and I certainly wouldn't care about the community that did like it. This is the nature of gaming, sometimes you have to chalk up the money spent as a bad investment and move on. It happens to all of us.

JxSiN
07-17-2013, 01:27 AM
I have tried and tried since day one, stayed loyal. What is my reward? Not a damn thing. Nothing gets fixed, unimportant b.s. comes before game breaking exploits, wrong nerfs in wrong places, no reassurances or discussion, just "here's our list of b.s. from the new patch, look how inept we are". Hell, there isn't even a reason to play the game! No goal to strive for! They might as well have released this title on a freakin speak and spell! I'm not liking the direction they are taking this game, you reach a certain point and pvp is all there is, and pvp has been boned since day one. Thouroughly disgusted at this point, tired of trions empty promises, sick of people in the game, the veil is lifted now I see what all of the negativity was about.

^^ This. Anyone can tell you I was a strong supporter of Trion, quick to defend them, ready to prove the nay-sayers wrong. However, Trion hasn't done anything to prove themselves right. All they have done is punish the high ego players (the "loyal" ones), nerf everything that shouldn't without even focusing on real problems, and pretend to care by "listening" to the players for a week-- then running off these boards as fast as they can as soon as they do something negative.

I still love the game, love the lore and the world, and still see myself playing for quite some time. I just finished my 3rd guide today for the game with a few more in the works. I still see hope in the game, but not in Trion.

dominad
07-17-2013, 01:33 AM

Nice point Indra. There are some of us who have legitimate complaints and use the correct path to get help. We also post asking for advice in the right forum ie bugs report. This does not mean we dislike the game. I play everyday and enjoy it very much, but if you ask my opinion you will receive a fair review of my experiences of Defiance.

OP making people who were not here from the start feel like you are one group and they because they joined because they needed help are not as important or do not count as real fans - is not a good community mentality.

Tyrannos
07-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.
Thank you!