PDA

View Full Version : nim shondu even easier than alpha test? - is he harder in the replay?

f0d
07-16-2013, 11:15 PM
hi all - just brought defiance a few days ago

nim shondu was pretty easy in the alpha test when i played it but now he is so easy i killed him first time and i dont think i even lost any health (only shields) does he get any harder when you replay the missions?

anyone else disappointed at how easy the endboss was?

KTCAOP
07-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I slightly was. After hearing so much about how difficult he was I was expecting to have more trouble.

f0d
07-16-2013, 11:43 PM
has anyone gone through and done it a second time?
hopefully he gets harder each playthrough - if not it would be a good idea for devs to implement a difficulty increase after each playthrough imo

Lollie
07-16-2013, 11:57 PM
hopefully he gets harder each playthrough - if not it would be a good idea for devs to implement a difficulty increase after each playthrough imo

Do him naked next time. With just your little baby hands all bunched up into fists.

warcin
07-17-2013, 12:58 AM
I have killed him 5 times now and no he does not increase in difficulty.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Do him naked next time. With just your little baby hands all bunched up into fists.

I had the thought of doing a full playthrough with just the weapons we started with. Want to give me a class? =P.

FDG SKULLS
07-17-2013, 01:06 AM
nim was nerfed man when the game first came out he was at least challenging but like a couple of month ago they nerfd him because of everyone whining they couldnt beat him

FDG SKULLS
07-17-2013, 01:07 AM
they nerfed him like a month almost 2 month after the game came out a little shy of the 2 months after it came out though

Lollie
07-17-2013, 01:09 AM
I had the thought of doing a full playthrough with just the weapons we started with. Want to give me a class? =P.

Survivalist. Go.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Survivalist. Go.

Roger! =D.

Let's see how well this works XD.

FDG SKULLS
07-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Roger! =D.

Let's see how well this works XD.

no play the game over again with only a BMG....

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 01:17 AM
no play the game over again with only a BMG....

T_T. You have to at least give me a secondary D=. Maybe on my next play through?

By the way, we could make this fun =P. Anyone want to race through this? I'm only two weeks old into the game.

By the way! A few question on rules - am I allowed to buy vehicles (just for transport purposes, if not, then O.K.)
- Also, am I allowed to reset my weapon exp?
- Should I do side quests as well or just restricted to main quests?
- EGO powers or no?

Any other rules you want to set on me?

Nilxain
07-17-2013, 07:15 AM

Nope, even easier because you've done it once.

I agree, this fight needs some kind of scaling and a reward for beating him on the higher difficulties.

Iceberg
07-17-2013, 07:17 AM
T_T. You have to at least give me a secondary D=. Maybe on my next play through?

By the way, we could make this fun =P. Anyone want to race through this? I'm only two weeks old into the game.

By the way! A few question on rules - am I allowed to buy vehicles (just for transport purposes, if not, then O.K.)
- EGO powers or no?

Don't they give you an atv in the starter missions? I don't think you need to buy any vehicles.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Don't they give you an atv in the starter missions? I don't think you need to buy any vehicles.

Ah, you are right, I just unlocked it =P. I had forgotten XD. Still, I wonder if they would be O.K. with me using ATVs and Grenades?

D34DGR1NG0
07-17-2013, 07:31 AM
I've done five playthroughs...all of them were easy. No one gets any harder. the missions are just the same. you're not missing anything. save a few free gear chests and some less exp then you get from emergencies.

D34DGR1NG0
07-17-2013, 07:32 AM

- EGO powers or no?

....you cant redo sidequests....just saying...

D34DGR1NG0
07-17-2013, 07:36 AM

ummm....I used the machinist...and beat Nim with that starter saw...just to prove a point to a friend that the game was stupidly easy...starter weapons are no different than the weapons you find, save they dont have nano effects, synnergies or attatchments/stat rolls.

the weapons in this game are horrible...they dont increase in power with their rarity and the rolls are mainly worthless. Even with synergy mods you dont gain much of a bonus. I came to this conclusion when i beat a whole playthrough with only blank whites (including shields and grenades)...Trion did a horrible job in this department. They should've known better (ESPECIALLY when you read their dev bio pages in the forums. EMBARASSING!).

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 08:02 AM
....you cant redo sidequests....just saying...

I've only played through once and I just started my second character o_o. If that is the case, I didn't know, T_T. Thanks for the information! =D

ummm....I used the machinist...and beat Nim with that starter saw...just to prove a point to a friend that the game was stupidly easy...starter weapons are no different than the weapons you find, save they dont have nano effects, synnergies or attatchments/stat rolls.

the weapons in this game are horrible...they dont increase in power with their rarity and the rolls are mainly worthless. Even with synergy mods you dont gain much of a bonus. I came to this conclusion when i beat a whole playthrough with only blank whites (including shields and grenades)...Trion did a horrible job in this department. They should've known better (ESPECIALLY when you read their dev bio pages in the forums. EMBARASSING!).

That said though =P. The Survivalist might be quite bit more difficult. There are no automatic weapons here and so the dps is much lower, skill shots are going to be much more important if I am going to be able to survive (arguably). I can't just run/charge through things and will have to be slightly cautious when it comes to things such as melee rushers (i.e. goldminers or the like), though I won't have to worry about snipers and rocket launchers. Still, should be fun! =D

Cavadus
07-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Haven't gotten to Nim post-launch yet. Sad to hear he's been nerfed. I think they've nerfed damn near everything that presented any challenge. Have they nerfed Joe Teach yet?

A few patches ago they nerfed the matron in the "Island of the Lost Soldiers" co-op which was ridiculous since matrons might as well instantly explode with a single gunshot for all the challenge they present.

BlackR3ap3r
07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
hi all - just brought defiance a few days ago

nim shondu was pretty easy in the alpha test when i played it but now he is so easy i killed him first time and i dont think i even lost any health (only shields) does he get any harder when you replay the missions?

anyone else disappointed at how easy the endboss was?

yes disappointed is pretty accurate.......the whole mission took maybe 30 mins with nim included.......no urge to throw the controller or scream at the TV......so ya hes super weak.......i hope the next boss is a lot more difficult...... and NO he does not get harder the more play-throughs you do.....