PDA

View Full Version : PC vs Xbox Bonuses

Ookami Soldier
03-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Anyone else feel some what taken back that steam is adding to the bonus content for pre-orders and that PC UE's get 30-day XP and Scrip boost?

PC versions will be by far more advanced and have more "exclusive stuff" while we on the 360 pay more money and receive less. How is this going to effect the "game inclusion into show"? Will it solely be based on the PC version or what?

And if it does go cross platform at a later date due to a miracle, consoles will still be behind.

Thoughts, opinions?

Jafo
03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
if I cared id buy the pc version. Pretty simple

Dark_Deceptions
03-27-2013, 07:10 PM
exactly who cares who gets what. Pc will always get more things its easier to update and do anything on pc, with Microsoft they gotta go through hoops to get stuff done. I have always played mmo's on pc but Defiance just feels so good on my 360 and I wouldnt go to pc even if it was free.

MagellanD
03-27-2013, 07:21 PM
According to the site there is no ultimate edition for PC

Ookami Soldier
03-27-2013, 07:30 PM
PRE-ORDER BONUSES PLUS (Digital Deluxe Edition)
Collector's Outfit - Ark Infiltrator
“Hydra” Rocket Launcher
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
"+5" Inventory Space
30-Day XP Boost
30-Day Scrip Boost
Unique Vehicle Color
In-game title: Badlands Drifter

Reward 1

Everything Above, Plus:
Steam Exclusive Title “Steam Powered”
+5 inventory slots
A-Tex Growler: Durable and reliable transportation in a no-nonsense package. The Petrahol super charged engine will give you a boost power when it’s most needed. This dark green camo patterned quad with heavy duty suspension is just what an Arkhunter needs to conquer the rough and hazardous terraformed terrain.

Reward 2 (I know, this really doesn't bring any difference)

Everything Above, Plus:
Free Copy of Rift: Storm Legion
Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

Reward 3

Lock box
+5 additional inventory slots
7 day XP boost
Discount off the Season Pass
RM Nomad M4: The RM Nomad M4 model is not yet available on the open market, so this is your chance to acquire an exclusive, blue digi-camo version months in advance! With a powerful combination of high durability and speed, this heavy duty 4X4 will protect you both on and off road. Powered by a non-threaded, multi-combustion fuse tank, the Nomad gets you and your valuable ark tech where you need to be.

For the Ultimate Edition
Ultimate Physical Edition
$149.99
Gamestop Exclusive
Comes with:
Exclusive Messenger Bag
Collector's Box
Game Client
2 postcards
DEFI Stickers
Ark Infiltrator Outfit
The Art of Defiance Art Book
Limited Edition Hellbug Figurine
VBI Ark Hunter Contract
Bonus DVD
Defiance Digital Soundtrack
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
'Hydra' rocket launcher
7-Day XP Boost
7-Day Scrip Boost
"+5" Inventory Space
Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin
Lock Box
DLC Season Pass
1200 Bits
No subscription required

Granted the UE on console gets alot of "cool" stuff they can...put some where in their house, its not a lot of in-game bonus'.

QuietRiotUSMC
03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Okay the Digital deluxe and the physical have different XP boosts to help justify the value(They are both $99.) the physical edition get PHYSICAL things you can hold in your hand, where as the digital edition has only digital items, see the difference? And any way check here for all the different versions of the game and other preorder bonuses: Game Version Info (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3409-Pre-Order-and-Game-editions-Information)

CharmCitysKing
03-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Anyone else feel some what taken back that steam is adding to the bonus content for pre-orders and that PC UE's get 30-day XP and Scrip boost?

PC versions will be by far more advanced and have more "exclusive stuff" while we on the 360 pay more money and receive less. How is this going to effect the "game inclusion into show"? Will it solely be based on the PC version or what?

And if it does go cross platform at a later date due to a miracle, consoles will still be behind.

Thoughts, opinions?

yea who cares dude, just play the game.

Otis Spunks
03-27-2013, 08:01 PM
You know what, I'm soo happy there is more love for the PC players. Its a superior platform but dev's piss on it like its worthless I'm happy that PC gets more attention.

Maclawa
03-28-2013, 10:10 AM
just microtransaction all that extra crap in game, im sure there will be "starter" packages lol

Buruko
03-28-2013, 10:54 AM

Thoughts, opinions?

The Digital Deluxe is $99 and comes with 30 days of boosts to compensate that price point against the physical elements of the Collector's Edition, which can come in PC as can the Ultimate Edition.

SO for Xbox the only big loss is really the Steam Tier rewards, the standard pre-order was like any other retailer, some have added bits or other items beyond what's stated on the site too. This means with Tier 3 unlocked Steam purchasers will get 2x Unique Vehicles (blue truck, green quad), a unique Title, total +10 inventory slots, 10 days XP boost, a copy of Rift, a lock box, and a discount on the season pass for as little as $60.

The Ultimate Edition is $150 and comes with a unique title AND all previous titles from other editions (standard 'Iron Demon', collector 'Badlands Drifter'), +5 inventory slots, 7 days XP AND 7 days Scrip boosts, Hydra Rocket Launcher, VBI Infiltrator outfit, 2x lock box (1 from UE + 1 from Season pass), 1200 bits (buy the bloody cars and slots if you want them!), Season Pass with the exclusive head gear (and that lock box). That is just the in-game content that is not all the physical stuff that comes with the UE as well...

So do I think we got robbed if we paid for UE on Xbox? Not one bit.

Do I think that a Steam purchase tosses all other PC retailers out the window? You betcha! However if a PC user wanted the physical goodies they have a tough call to make as they have to choose between that and the Steam purchase, which while potentially cheaper if you add DLC down the road without a pass will end up costing you $50 total (if you buy it all) so your out of pocket is still $110 and you get none of the physical goodies.

eeyore
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry, Buruko, but your typo made me chuckle: digital deluxe edition comes with 30 days of boots... :p

Buruko
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry, Buruko, but your typo made me chuckle: digital deluxe edition comes with 30 days of boots... :p

LOL thanks, fixed.

Ookami Soldier
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
The Digital Deluxe is $99 and comes with 30 days of boosts to compensate that price point against the physical elements of the Collector's Edition, which can come in PC as can the Ultimate Edition.

SO for Xbox the only big loss is really the Steam Tier rewards, the standard pre-order was like any other retailer, some have added bits or other items beyond what's stated on the site too. This means with Tier 3 unlocked Steam purchasers will get 2x Unique Vehicles (blue truck, green quad), a unique Title, total +10 inventory slots, 10 days XP boost, a copy of Rift, a lock box, and a discount on the season pass for as little as $60.

The Ultimate Edition is $150 and comes with a unique title AND all previous titles from other editions (standard 'Iron Demon', collector 'Badlands Drifter'), +5 inventory slots, 7 days XP AND 7 days Scrip boosts, Hydra Rocket Launcher, VBI Infiltrator outfit, 2x lock box (1 from UE + 1 from Season pass), 1200 bits (buy the bloody cars and slots if you want them!), Season Pass with the exclusive head gear (and that lock box). That is just the in-game content that is not all the physical stuff that comes with the UE as well...

So do I think we got robbed if we paid for UE on Xbox? Not one bit.

Do I think that a Steam purchase tosses all other PC retailers out the window? You betcha! However if a PC user wanted the physical goodies they have a tough call to make as they have to choose between that and the Steam purchase, which while potentially cheaper if you add DLC down the road without a pass will end up costing you $50 total (if you buy it all) so your out of pocket is still $110 and you get none of the physical goodies.

Good points. Why I started the thread, thanks for input.

Buruko
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Also the extra vehicles seem a moot point when there will be a Dodge Challenger included with every Pre-order, I expect to see a fleet of Dodges racing across Mt Tam.

Kroesis
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I would be bothered if the guys on PC were in the same world as us, with all the extra stuff, but they're not. What they have does not effect us in the slightest and I'm sure we'd be able to get it sooner or later.