PDA

View Full Version : Party invites

drackiller
07-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Last time i checked, the chatbox works just fine. One thing that really intrigues me is the fact of receiving party invites and no one talks !!!
Same thing with random trade invites, i get lots of trading invites and when i ask what do they want, they just do absolutly nothing.
But that party invites is what annoys me the most. I like to play alone (yeah i`m one of those guys), but when in good company i really enjoy to make co-ops or anything else but, please , when someone invites another to the group it`s common cortesy to say what is intentions are.
People are shy, i get it :) , but dam, the keyboard is there for some reason.

Shogo_Yahagi
07-17-2013, 06:14 AM
What platform are you on? The virtual keyboard is a PITA to use, and I don't have a mic. If I was sniping in an area like Verdant Ridge and someone else came along and was running and gunning, I would often send a party request so I would know if they died and needed a revive. I suspect other players do the same.

There are also pursuit requirements to form a certain number of groups. They may be trying to get those in.

drackiller
07-17-2013, 06:58 AM
What platform are you on? The virtual keyboard is a PITA to use, and I don't have a mic. If I was sniping in an area like Verdant Ridge and someone else came along and was running and gunning, I would often send a party request so I would know if they died and needed a revive. I suspect other players do the same.

There are also pursuit requirements to form a certain number of groups. They may be trying to get those in.

I`m on PS3 EU and the keyboard works just fine to me.
Normally i receive the invites after i kick arse in an arkfall or something :) It`s fine by me forming a group for pursuits sake, but most of the times it seems to me they`r pretty random.
Nothing wrong in getting an invite and then in the group chat people say something like per example: hey let`s go kill some Volge, or let`s make a co-op, etc.
But no, they just stay silent. If i don`t clearly see the objective, after a few minutes i get out of the group.

Shogo_Yahagi
07-17-2013, 07:14 AM
I`m on PS3 EU and the keyboard works just fine to me.
Normally i receive the invites after i kick arse in an arkfall or something :) It`s fine by me forming a group for pursuits sake, but most of the times it seems to me they`r pretty random.
Nothing wrong in getting an invite and then in the group chat people say something like per example: hey let`s go kill some Volge, or let`s make a co-op, etc.
But no, they just stay silent. If i don`t clearly see the objective, after a few minutes i get out of the group.
PS3 NA here. OK, fair enough. I usually get clan invites in those situations. =)

You're right, the keyboard works, it's just slow. I wouldn't want to use it to try to hold a conversation. I just don't like spending that much time using the virtual keyboard because it means I'm not playing.

When I send a group invite, I'm not trying to strike up a long-term relationship, it's just so I can keep an eye on your health in case you need a revive. I don't think I've ever sent one to someone who's not clearly working on the same objective I am, and usually if there are just two of us there. It's easy enough to keep track of someone else at an emergency, but on farms, it's easy to lose track of them.

drackiller
07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
You're right, the keyboard works, it's just slow..

I use in fact a real keyboard, an old Ps2 wired Logitech keyboard , or my wireless keyboard, they work perfectly without the need of the virtual keyboard.