PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy this game?

Nury
07-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi guys! I was thinking to buy the game,i like the concept so why not...Yesterday i tried to play the trial but sadly i got the "Login succesful but this account is not entitled to play Defiance" or something like that. I sent a ticket to support,waiting for the answer...12 hours passed probably another 24 will pass until i get an answer so my trial will "expire" without even playing.(Nice start).So,your honest opinion,should i buy the game?

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 11:19 AM
If it is still on Sale on Steam, I personally would say go buy it. It's at least worth 13 dollars, people easily put 100+ hours into this game in the beginning. We do have a DLC package that should be coming soon (tm), but yeah. I would recommend it, but I'm biased =).

Nury
07-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Is 20 euros.Is not about money is about the amount of fun i will get from it.I get bored kinda fast but some games keep me in,i was hoping this will be one of them.

divaldo
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I got mine for 20 Gbp with trade payed 6.50 Gbp worth the cash

dbcameron
07-17-2013, 11:26 AM
I would say it was a good idea to try the trial first, give the customer support a call they might be able to help out, but it does give an accurate idea about the bugs that still pop up through out the game.

That being said there is a lot to do and enjoy in this game. You can probably find it in numerous places on sale and $30 is not a bad price for a game that is constantly growing and getting better (it's my opinion at least).

So see if you can get in touch with customer support to get the trial going, night be something as simple as not having the right code put into the right field...

Tyger
07-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Get it if you played Borderlands and ya' liked it. Get it cuz' it's cheap atm. Don't get it if you're looking for a gear progression styled MMO. Don't get it if you think elves will prance around with their Double G jumblies spilling out of their loosely stitched armor. Get it if you like to shoot stuff moar deaderz. Don't get it if you're looking for a deep social link. Get it if you prefer to be good cuz' you use Aim verses good cuz' you ground out 15 hours last friday in a dungeon raid and converted your tokens into a shiny +3 shoulder pad of ultimate resounding fortitude.

That said... It's a shooter hangin' out in an MMO. It's a lil' rough atm with certain things like the chat system not working at all with what you might be used to, but it is a decent game that rewards skill over lewt. You may have a shiny new Legendary AR, but if you all you do is spray & pray then you're still gonna' faceplant ingame.

Nury
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you guys for your honest (maybe honest) opinions.It seems the game is downloading now,i don't get the error.I will try it and i will see if i will join what it seems an awesome community.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Thank you guys for your honest (maybe honest) opinions.It seems the game is downloading now,i don't get the error.I will try it and i will see if i will join what it seems an awesome community.

We will be happy to have you =D

Donta
07-17-2013, 01:38 PM
I would just started playing a few days ago, great game honestly.

melkathi
07-17-2013, 02:35 PM
If your trial has run out, you could also try making an alternate email account, sign up for the trial for that and not miss out on the download time when you have downloaded it already. And you could of course use my recruitment link (http://www.defiance.com/en/welcome-to-defiance/?rc=LWNM39THED7R6G9FKWEF) to make that account :P (Hey can't blame a guy for trying)

Henyachingywhy
07-17-2013, 02:39 PM
If you like Borderlands, Lost Planet, or GOW then I say go for it. It's definitely worth the buy IMO.

Lollie
07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah definitely buy it - you'll plow through content, but the actual gameplay is fun (fighting and shooting and running around, and driving like a maniac). It's a game you can come back to play when you feel like tearing things up.

Wizx13
07-17-2013, 03:04 PM
The game can be played however you want, your not tied to a set path. One of my favorite things to do is just explore and do all the mini encounters that pop up.

Nury
07-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Tomorrow i will start playing the trial but if i had to decide only by reading the posts from this thread i would probably buy it right now.Maybe i see some of you in game soon.

Nilxain
07-17-2013, 03:29 PM
If it's still on sell, yeah buy it for sure. If not, wait til you get to play the trial and see for yourself.

KTCAOP
07-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Tomorrow i will start playing the trial but if i had to decide only by reading the posts from this thread i would probably buy it right now.Maybe i see some of you in game soon.

See you in game! =). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask =D.

Nury
07-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Hi again guys.I played the game,i did not encounter any bug so far and the game feels like an offline game,not an mmo...did some missions,random encounters...is fun,so...i will buy it!

KTCAOP
07-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Hi again guys.I played the game,i did not encounter any bug so far and the game feels like an offline game,not an mmo...did some missions,random encounters...is fun,so...i will buy it!

Glad to have you join us =). If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Daas
07-18-2013, 05:40 AM
Get it if you played Borderlands and ya' liked it. Get it cuz' it's cheap atm. Don't get it if you're looking for a gear progression styled MMO. Don't get it if you think elves will prance around with their Double G jumblies spilling out of their loosely stitched armor. Get it if you like to shoot stuff moar deaderz. Don't get it if you're looking for a deep social link. Get it if you prefer to be good cuz' you use Aim verses good cuz' you ground out 15 hours last friday in a dungeon raid and converted your tokens into a shiny +3 shoulder pad of ultimate resounding fortitude.

That said... It's a shooter hangin' out in an MMO. It's a lil' rough atm with certain things like the chat system not working at all with what you might be used to, but it is a decent game that rewards skill over lewt. You may have a shiny new Legendary AR, but if you all you do is spray & pray then you're still gonna' faceplant ingame.

Probably one of the best game descriptions mixing praise, criticism and honesty that I've read so far on this site.

Nury
07-18-2013, 06:33 AM
I have 2 questions.
Is there a thing to do with the weapons that i don't need?Something useful?
Should i get the items (vehicle,headgear etc.) fast or i have to wait some time?

Lollie
07-18-2013, 06:51 AM
I have 2 questions.
Is there a thing to do with the weapons that i don't need?Something useful?
Should i get the items (vehicle,headgear etc.) fast or i have to wait some time?

1) yeah grind them up into salvage.
2) headgear and armour gives no extra protection (it's just cosmetic) so get them when you want. Game gives some gear and vehicles as mission rewards and for other stuff you've done. You can buy vehicles on special from vendors as well as through cash shop.

Nury
07-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Thank you.But i meant the gear i supposed to get for buying the game.Will i get it fast or i have to wait like 24 hours etc. to get them?

LuckyLuigi
07-18-2013, 07:18 AM
$60 is a bit steep but I got it for 10 euros.
Having played it to EGO 350 or so, I think I made a bargain.
While not AAA+ quality, the game is A- quality, it is just a lot of fun and for those who actually watch the show it has a lot of goodness to give.
What's also nice is you can just log in an play for an hour and accomplish something.
If you like Fallout 3 or Borderlands I recommend it. I'd go as far as saying it is worth 30-40 euros.

Lollie
07-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Thank you.But i meant the gear i supposed to get for buying the game.Will i get it fast or i have to wait like 24 hours etc. to get them?

Should be sitting in the cash shop under claim items.

Nury
07-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Sadly is not there.I am thinking maybe i didn't get the items because i was in trial with the character already created when i bought the game so it bugged or something...idk...

Lollie
07-18-2013, 09:15 AM
You should make a ticket then, those items are supposed to be delivered to each one of the characters you make.

Blu
07-18-2013, 10:54 AM
OP did you notice what you said in your post?

you had to submit a ticket?
by the time you get a reply your trial will be expired. .

do you like that gamestyle?
13$ for the game is worth it, but be warned, this game should be free with how everything is all about in game store outfits and vehicles..

I don't care what anyone says about, oh trion needs money to run there servers, yea okay..

Tyger
07-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Yea, cuz' you totally "NEED" the fluff in the game store in order to do anything in the game to progress.

>.>

Nury
07-18-2013, 01:39 PM
OP did you notice what you said in your post?

you had to submit a ticket?
by the time you get a reply your trial will be expired. .

do you like that gamestyle?
13$ for the game is worth it, but be warned, this game should be free with how everything is all about in game store outfits and vehicles..

I don't care what anyone says about, oh trion needs money to run there servers, yea okay..

Already bought the game,and tbh one of the deciding factor for me to play or not a game is the outfits/armors /character model.

Sanguinesun
07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Already bought the game,and tbh one of the deciding factor for me to play or not a game is the outfits/armors /character model.

Did you buy through steam or through the trion website directly? Are you trying to claim during the tutorial or after? I believe you cant claim until after the tutorial is done(though I may be wrong on that).

If you bought through steam, you dont get the extras currently being supposedly offered/shown on the Trion site. That might be one potential reason.

Otherwise, you're just going to have to submit a ticket and wait for a while.

But some things to point out for you:

1. Go on google and look for defiance arkcodes. Orcz's website should have a full list. Put those in the apply code section of your trion account. Why? You get some starter weapons, vehicle, and weapon skill levels attributed to your account and any new character or old will have it all to claim(may take a few hours) to claim from the ingame store menu. I think all told you can get a bump to EGO rating 60 right out of the tutorial from claiming all those codes skill levels etc.

2. One of the first story missions you'll get one atv. Later you can get another atv, then even later you can get a duni. All without spending scrip for it. If you want to spend scrip(which trust me, you'll have plenty to waste as there's almost nothing ever worth buying once you've done most things. There are some vendors (hidden vendors... you can search about them too) that sell dodges and then of course there are other not hidden vendors that sell other vehicles. Honestly though once you get one of each type to then skill up with, you dont "need" any more.

3. Outfits(armors) are not hard to come by from just playing. Also helpful atm is that the replay episode missions have outfits you can get a hold of until the end of the month. But the outfits are cosmetic and do nothing to improve game play. Also, really most dont pay attention what folks look like... the game isn't even remotely that social.

3. Get Raptr and have it active while you play defiance. Currently there are some rewards such as an orange duni, outfit(If I remember right), and a tier 2 lockbox. Once you qualify for the rewards on raptr claim em and apply the code since there's a semi limited number of em supposedly.

In otherwords, getting the things that come with the standard edition of the game really isnt going to be missed for a few days to a week or more if CS doesnt readily fix your issue.

Fancypants
07-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi guys! I was thinking to buy the game

Yesterday i tried to play the trial but sadly i got the "Login succesful but this account is not entitled to play Defiance" or something like that.

So,your honest opinion,should i buy the game?Yes, it's a great idea.

Nury
07-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Ty for the raptr thing.

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Ty for the raptr thing.

NP, honestly though once you've logged that many hours in the game, if you've actually gone through the story line straight you'd hit the mission reward duni and 2 atv's about the same time or sooner and plenty of alternative outfits. :P

Nury
07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
I have near 10 hours in game i think and i have to say this.I love this game!!!