PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine Zoners -- a guild for Florida and south Georgia players

St Marks
03-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Quarantine Zoners - A guild for Florida and Georgia players
Hello all. I'm really excited about Defiance's new concept of merging a TV show and a game. Their unique twist on a game/show gave me an idea for a new type of guild. Based on maps of the Earth in the future that have been posted on Defiance's facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater and their twitter feed here: http://ow.ly/i/1BVuv/original I noticed that I currently live in what will become the Quarantine Zone in 2046. A radioactive, terraformed, mutant filled wasteland.

This gave me an idea... This is a new type of game, one based on multiple platforms. Why not start a new type of guild? One based on a combination of RL and in-game events. So here is the concept in a nutshell. The guild is called Quarantine Zoners. It will be open to any players living in the Quarantine Zone, which includes all of Florida and some of southern Georgia. In addition to playing together online, we will also organize TV nights throughout the Quarantine Zone in major cities at public restaurants or pubs with a big screen. At these events, the guild members can meet, greet, socialize, and plan ingame activities for later in the week. I feel that having live meetups will really enhance a sense of community and enthusiasm among the members.

The guild will be open to all players, both casual and hardcore. In game, we will support a variety of playstyles based on common interests of members. There will be no formal hierarchy of leadership, but each platform (PC, Xbox, PS) will have a dedicated player acting as the spokesman for their platform. Each major city will have an event organizer to coordinate the live TV watchings, and they will find a suitable location in their area to host the event.

If you're interested in participating in this concept, let me know. Even if you are already in a guild or clan, or if you just love the show and want to learn more about the game, if you live in the Quarantine Zone area, you are welcome to come to the weekly meetups to hang out with your fellow Defiance fans and swap war stories. You can join us on facebook at the link in my sig.

If you live outside FL and GA, but would like to start a geographically based sister guild using a similar concept, also please contact me. I think it would be interesting to see other regions develop similar guild models, and to interact together online.