PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Where to order to play on release day?

nuk3meister
03-27-2013, 08:00 PM
It's bank holiday on Monday here in the UK, so I don't expect that if I pre-order I will be able to play on release day. Anyone has a tip from where to pre-order or even already received a dispatch notification?

Intamasica
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
It comes out on Tuesday 2nd... You'll be able to pick it up anywhere that sells it. Or get it delivered if you preorder online.

SpazQ
03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
It's bank holiday on Monday here in the UK, so I don't expect that if I pre-order I will be able to play on release day. Anyone has a tip from where to pre-order or even already received a dispatch notification?

my mate works in the royal mail said they work at 9 at night till early morning so i think they will deliver by tuesday (got mine via game uk)

nuk3meister
03-27-2013, 09:04 PM
It comes out on Tuesday 2nd... You'll be able to pick it up anywhere that sells it. Or get it delivered if you preorder online.
Today is Thursday, I'm wearing sweat pants while writing this and your avatar is a cat.

nuk3meister
03-27-2013, 09:10 PM
my mate works in the royal mail said they work at 9 at night till early morning so i think they will deliver by tuesday (got mine via game uk)
That's good to know!

The retailer I usually order from doesn't even sell it.
I had a bad release day experience with GAME and I sure don't trust them around the Easter weekend with this.
I just found out that Argos actually promises release day delivery, so I might go with them -- but I will go to my local GAME today to check if they will get it in on Tuesday.

Still, if someone got a dispatch notification, don't be shy and let me know, please :)

deltaman42
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
asda,tesco,sainsburys,hmv,GAME will all sell the game on tuesday.so dont worry.GAME are doing defiance for 99p when u trade in 2 selected games....

Baishy
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
I have been ordering from shopto.net for several years now and I have never had a preorder arrive late... If you order by 12 on Friday they will guarantee delivery by release day or give you a fiver back. You have to choose recorded delivery to get this guarantee though.
On Friday releases you will normally get the game on Thursday, but Tuesday releases normally arrive on the day itself.

Good luck!

jam201984
03-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Www.shopto.net

This place never fails to get me my games sometimes even 2-3days early

Renegade336
03-28-2013, 03:36 AM
I also use ShopTo for all my pre-orders. Games almost always arrive early for me (not so sure about Defiance with the bank holiday weekend) and fully expect Defiance to arrive on tuesday. They are quite often cheaper than most other places as well.

lllZaclll
03-28-2013, 03:39 AM
I ordered from Game, and Defiance got delivered this Morning :), so i would recommend Game. :)

Big Bear
03-28-2013, 03:43 AM
It's probably better buying it from asda or Tesco due to the Easter weekend.

Baishy
03-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Spoke to shopto earlier and they said they are processing today. Sure enough I just had an email to confirm. This means probably delivery on Saturday. If servers aren't up until Tuesday there's no benefit to getting it early though.

Minimooo
03-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Heh, I would definitely say GAME mate seeing as a large majority of us who have pre-ordered from them found our copy in the mail this morning :)

nuk3meister
03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Awesome. Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to do a pre-order tomorrow at my local store and pick it up on Tuesday.
Gamestop made a tweet that all deliveries are going to be delayed because of Monday. As I'm late, I'm not doing an order. Wanna play on Tuesday :p

foz
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
I pre ordered with GAME today, so hopefully will receive it by Tuesday morning. I'm at work Tuuesday anyway so no rush for it.

Darkane
03-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Shop.to just sent confirmation they'd shipped mine. Ordered yesterday.

If you're waiting for Amazon, they are apparently shipping on the 2nd.

Big Bear
03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
just a heads up. i saw it for sale in Game this afternoon.

foz
03-28-2013, 08:50 AM
As previously stated i had mine on pre order with game. I pre ordered it today. Well i was unsure whether i would get it in time so got in touch with them and they said they could not guarantee it would arrive by Tuesday due to the bank holiday etc. So the recommended it would be better to just cancel my pre order and grab a copy in store on tuesday.

kylevtr
03-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Shop.to just sent confirmation they'd shipped mine. Ordered yesterday.

If you're waiting for Amazon, they are apparently shipping on the 2nd.

same here just been shipped should be delivered saturday, they ship up untill 5pm today

Derity
03-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I highly recommend www.shopto.net

Everytime I've ordered from them I've got the game on time, they have a guarantee that if you don't get your game on release day for any reason, they will give you 5. lol. So it seems like to uphold this guarantee, they send out their games extra early. Everytime I've ordered from them I've got my game 1-3 days before release date.

nuk3meister
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
They have it already at a CeX in Bexleyheath.
The GAME store across from it where I checked first didn't have it though.

Thanks again for all helpful replies!