PDA

View Full Version : Normal loot drop 1/2 what it should be based on

piedlpiper
07-17-2013, 04:43 PM
loot dropped during loot bonus weekend. This is about NORMAL LOOT drops!!!!

During the weekend I did several identical runs (same route) doing all road sides, except Volge, that was highlighted while on the road. My average drops was 24. For this example I'll work with 20. So, if we get 25% increase in drops, the normal drops would be 16. Today, I did same runs and average only 6 per run, but lets say 8, just for argument sake. Which is 1/2 what it should be. Oh today, I checked each area of the road sides, after it was cleared to make sure I didn't miss any. (Found 3 that was not showing any glow)

Why are we NOT getting the drops we should be getting and have to wait for the bonus weekend to get good drops.

BlackR3ap3r
07-17-2013, 04:48 PM
the 25% is for every mob........so if you got 20 during the bonus and only got 8 normally oh well.......

Edit: every toon seems to have a hidden 'luck' stat i know this because when i play for hours with the same group my toon receives more drops then the others in my group (eg. i'll pick up 50 items in an hour to there 30)

ten4
07-17-2013, 04:51 PM
This is how it works, loot boost increases all drops by a large amount including ammo/scrip/salvage.

The 10% self boost gives insane amounts of loot, for instance, compared to not having it. Many don't realize how powerful they are. Essentially it's a pay to get loot or not much at all.

My only suggestion to knock this system is to use item find perks....even 1% increase and you will see more consistant loots again. Only problem is, the perk loot boosts have conditions and not as good as the CS ones.

Lastly, like you said; during loot boost weekend, the loot was insane. One mission run would yield upwards of 20 items and now without it I get 1 items max (usually none). Unlike the other boosts, this one is near mandatory if you don't want to hump an ammo box all the time and like to get drops.

edit. actually another way to get around this is to just do arkfalls since they do not have lowered loot modifiers like everything else.

Wtflag
07-17-2013, 05:01 PM
The loot bonus is additive.

For example, normally a non-elite mob might have about 8% chance to drop stuff.

The +25% loot bonus make them drop at 33% chance, which is about 4 times the normal drop rate.

ten4
07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Loot boosters are light switches, it turns loot on or off.

The difference between having it on or off is extremely noticeable.

10% = 100% increase in ALL item drops and as guy above said it's also additive.

As I noted, two ways to get around this if you don't want to get gouged by extremely expensive/short duration CS boosts that tick down if you are playing or not/server downtimes: use loot increase perks and or just do arkfalls if you want better drop rates.

TravelerX1
07-17-2013, 05:18 PM
I am soooooooo addicted to loot boosts..........
There I said it. Even run them ON Lootboost weekends......

Want to feel godly.......

25% From the weekend
10% From Self Boost
Up to 20% if the Group you run with all have group boosts on.
3% From Just Rewards
3% From Pinata

51% .......... I can get 100 drops from the Motherlode run.....
Just sayin.....

Total let down when the boost weekend is over. I find myself needing the 15% (+6 from perks) Just to stay ok with the loot drops.