PDA

View Full Version : Shot converters..

DawnFang
07-18-2013, 02:30 AM
Does anyone have info on their rarity and/or what all they are for? I've only ever found a toxic converter for shotguns, and was curious if there are other nano effects they can give, as well as what weapons i can get them for. I'd kill for a toxic AR, but don't know if such a thing exists.

JxSiN
07-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Does anyone have info on their rarity and/or what all they are for? I've only ever found a toxic converter for shotguns, and was curious if there are other nano effects they can give, as well as what weapons i can get them for. I'd kill for a toxic AR, but don't know if such a thing exists.

Yes, there are toxic and incendiary (fire) converters available for AR/SMG/LMG, Shotguns, Pistols, and Snipers. Please note that they cannot be installed on VOT weapons. For a breakdown of each type of mod available, I have a guide to mods and synergies linked in my signature.

PS: For toxic converter effects, check out my nano guide also in signature.

squidgod2000
07-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Generally speaking, they are not worth using at all (with the possible exception of shotguns). You're far better off with a reload/mag/burst and just waiting until you get a weapon with the nano already on it.

Maitreakow
07-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Yes, there are toxic and incendiary (fire) converters available for AR/SMG/LMG, Shotguns, Pistols, and Snipers. Please note that they cannot be installed on VOT weapons. For a breakdown of each type of mod available, I have a guide to mods and synergies linked in my signature.

PS: For toxic converter effects, check out my nano guide also in signature.

So there are no Siphon converters available for ARs? I so wanted to put one on Nolan's purple AR...

squidgod2000
07-18-2013, 07:05 AM
So there are no Siphon converters available for ARs? I so wanted to put one on Nolan's purple AR...

Nope.

Nilxain
07-18-2013, 10:03 AM
I have an incendiary for both shotgun and pistol. Incendiary and toxic are all the I've seen personally.

JxSiN
07-18-2013, 01:13 PM

I believe that electric converters were available in beta. I have also heard 2 different trusted sources say that they had actually seen syphon converters right when the game released. If these did exist, they were probably taken out or completely changed in an earlier patch, the same way they changed scavenger sniper rifles.

Atticus Batman
07-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I believe that electric converters were available in beta. I have also heard 2 different trusted sources say that they had actually seen syphon converters right when the game released. If these did exist, they were probably taken out or completely changed in an earlier patch, the same way they changed scavenger sniper rifles.

I believe I had a couple electric converters in the beta that NEVER worked, but could have been a different converter.

JxSiN
07-18-2013, 01:32 PM
I believe I had a couple electric converters in the beta that NEVER worked, but could have been a different converter.

I've seen pics of them on the internet, but never in game. That's why I am limiting it to beta only.

JxSiN
07-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Generally speaking, they are not worth using at all (with the possible exception of shotguns). You're far better off with a reload/mag/burst and just waiting until you get a weapon with the nano already on it.

Unless of course you have a Quartermaster, reload bonus, mag (or even double mag) bonus nano-less weapon. Then the best way to go is to put a converter on it.